Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Drop rates

#31
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Romeo wrote:I read a bit about this online and my thoughts are there guidelines not rules. Guidelines are like saying u should follow this but u don't really have to, whereas if it's a rule it's like law. In china it's a law but I'm sure everywhere else it's just a guideline. But..who would really stop buying chests if the drop rate was rediculasly low? I think everyone already knows the drop rates are ridiculously low but they still buy chests, I don't think knowing these rates will change a thing

Exactly, VR doesn’t have to worry about anything unless if more governments step in. Apple most likely doesn’t care because people buying loot boxes with iTunes or whatever puts money in their pocket. Everyone who brings up this lame topic might as well stop, it won’t go anywhere. If you’re so obsessed over this and knowing the drop rates, (even though it’s completely pointless and kids/those with addictions won’t be stopped by a few numbers), take it to the courts.


It's not a government issue. It doesn't say only "china" or only residents of "Kazakhstan" have to be disclosed. They are literally apple guidelines all developers have to follow or they apps may get pulled from store or unable to update. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Ok go ahead and report this to apple and see what happens... nothing will happen. They did it just so they could give themselves a good name, I mean if I was running a company and something as controversial as that popped up, ofc I’m going to show my opposition because it makes me and my company look better. The App Store is massive, and it doesn’t seem like they have anything in place to check for these sort of things... if they actually care they would. It’s the richest company in the world, I’m sure they could figure it out if they cared.

The fact that people are actually bothered by this in a free to play MMO is honestly sad. It makes sense for people to be upset by it in a full blown $60 game like star wars battlefront 2 at the time, but in a free MMO? Not so much.
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Drop rates

#32
pandanda wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:Nothing will ever be done about it. I’m pretty sure there are some other games I used to play that never released loot box drop rates either. Plus no one even knows if apple enforces this rule to a large extent... they probably just did it to give themselves a good name because everyone was against it at the time, now nobody really cares


Actually they do enforce this rule. All you have to do is look it up.


Key word: MUST


You can't tell people anything nowadays. Reading isn't their fortè
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Drop rates

#33
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:Exactly, VR doesn’t have to worry about anything unless if more governments step in. Apple most likely doesn’t care because people buying loot boxes with iTunes or whatever puts money in their pocket. Everyone who brings up this lame topic might as well stop, it won’t go anywhere. If you’re so obsessed over this and knowing the drop rates, (even though it’s completely pointless and kids/those with addictions won’t be stopped by a few numbers), take it to the courts.


It's not a government issue. It doesn't say only "china" or only residents of "Kazakhstan" have to be disclosed. They are literally apple guidelines all developers have to follow or they apps may get pulled from store or unable to update. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Ok go ahead and report this to apple and see what happens... nothing will happen. They did it just so they could give themselves a good name, I mean if I was running a company and something as controversial as that popped up, ofc I’m going to show my opposition because it makes me and my company look better. The App Store is massive, and it doesn’t seem like they have anything in place to check for these sort of things... if they actually care they would. It’s the richest company in the world, I’m sure they could figure it out if they cared.

The fact that people are actually bothered by this in a free to play MMO is honestly sad. It makes sense for people to be upset by it in a full blown $60 game like star wars battlefront 2 at the time, but in a free MMO? Not so much.


I'm not upset about it. I don't even own an apple device. I'm stating what i know and correcting people. I'm sorry that bothers you. And fyi this game wasn't free for me. I've spent more than I would on a paid game.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Drop rates

#34
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
It's not a government issue. It doesn't say only "china" or only residents of "Kazakhstan" have to be disclosed. They are literally apple guidelines all developers have to follow or they apps may get pulled from store or unable to update. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Ok go ahead and report this to apple and see what happens... nothing will happen. They did it just so they could give themselves a good name, I mean if I was running a company and something as controversial as that popped up, ofc I’m going to show my opposition because it makes me and my company look better. The App Store is massive, and it doesn’t seem like they have anything in place to check for these sort of things... if they actually care they would. It’s the richest company in the world, I’m sure they could figure it out if they cared.

The fact that people are actually bothered by this in a free to play MMO is honestly sad. It makes sense for people to be upset by it in a full blown $60 game like star wars battlefront 2 at the time, but in a free MMO? Not so much.


I'm not upset about it. I don't even own an apple device. I'm stating what i know and correcting people. I'm sorry that bothers you. And fyi this game wasn't free for me. I've spent more than I would on a paid game.

I wasn’t talking just to you, I was speaking to everyone who complained about this. I just quoted you because you brought up the guidelines. It’s still a Free to Play game, you’re not forced to pay money to play like a $60 console game. Any money you’ve spent was completely optional
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Drop rates

#35
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:Ok go ahead and report this to apple and see what happens... nothing will happen. They did it just so they could give themselves a good name, I mean if I was running a company and something as controversial as that popped up, ofc I’m going to show my opposition because it makes me and my company look better. The App Store is massive, and it doesn’t seem like they have anything in place to check for these sort of things... if they actually care they would. It’s the richest company in the world, I’m sure they could figure it out if they cared.

The fact that people are actually bothered by this in a free to play MMO is honestly sad. It makes sense for people to be upset by it in a full blown $60 game like star wars battlefront 2 at the time, but in a free MMO? Not so much.


I'm not upset about it. I don't even own an apple device. I'm stating what i know and correcting people. I'm sorry that bothers you. And fyi this game wasn't free for me. I've spent more than I would on a paid game.

I wasn’t talking just to you, I was speaking to everyone who complained about this. I just quoted you because you brought up the guidelines. It’s still a Free to Play game, you’re not forced to pay money to play like a $60 console game. Any money you’ve spent was completely optional


By optional you mean either spend 3 years getting enough mount tokens to get a top lvl mount or hustle your way to the top sure bro. Whatever you say. There's no honest way to get the best gear in under a year or two. Anyone who says otherwise is just a hustler, scammer, over charging, not following clan rules and selling drops to get what they want or buy platinum
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Drop rates

#36
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
I'm not upset about it. I don't even own an apple device. I'm stating what i know and correcting people. I'm sorry that bothers you. And fyi this game wasn't free for me. I've spent more than I would on a paid game.

I wasn’t talking just to you, I was speaking to everyone who complained about this. I just quoted you because you brought up the guidelines. It’s still a Free to Play game, you’re not forced to pay money to play like a $60 console game. Any money you’ve spent was completely optional


By optional you mean either spend 3 years getting enough mount tokens to get a top lvl mount or hustle your way to the top sure bro. Whatever you say. There's no honest way to get the best gear in under a year or two. Anyone who says otherwise is just a hustler, scammer, over charging, not following clan rules and selling drops to get what they want or buy platinum

You don’t need a battlemount to play the game lol. Just get a cheap 80% mount if it bothers the person so much. Ofc it’s going to take a long time to reach the top without speeding up the process, you expect it to be a cake walk? No good MMORPG plays like that. So yes, that’s what I meant by optional.
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Drop rates

#37
Apples-Bele wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:Apps are required to follow the Apple review guidelines.


I completely agree, and I don't think I was arguing the opposite....but in case you didn't catch it from the book I wrote ( :? ) my point is that Apple decides what does or does not follow its guidelines, not random app users. It may be extremely obvious to many people that Celtic Heroes does not follow the guidelines, but if Apple doesn't see the situation the same way, nothing needs to be done.

Either way, now that Lorhad was kind enough to get in touch with Apple, we might find out in the next couple weeks. If no news comes out, then it will be obvious that Apple swept it under the rug and doesn't have an issue with the current situation. If VR has to start making changes, we will find out sometime before the next update (if Apple requires something to be done before the next build is released).

It’s in the apple guidelines, VR are not following the guidelines. That is not allowed. There’s tens of thousands of Apps in the App Store I don’t expect apple to check through every one. Doesn’t change the fact they are breaking the guidelines clear and simple. You don’t have to defend VR when they’re clearly in the wrong here.


I think Romeo was pretty accurate when he specified the difference between guidelines and rules.

From reading through the App Store Guidelines, I don’t see anywhere that it says the app is forced to follow them to the letter. If you see a place where it specifies that, please post a screenshot.

After reading through the guidelines in depth recently because of this thread, it seems to me like the App Store Guidelines aren’t really a set of rules that each app is checked against, but more of a general “guideline” (lol, shoulda been obvious) that app developers should (but are not forced to) follow so that Apple doesn’t reject their app.


To everyone here. The literal definition of a guideline is: “a general rule, principle, or piece of advice”. Guidelines are not specific legal rules that have to be followed. So while VR may not be following the app store guidelines exactly, that doesn’t mean they are “breaking the rules”.

As for Mdunc and Zkills, please stop pulling this thread off topic by discussing your opinions of gameplay. Seeing as it’s just the 2 of you participating, try PMing each other.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Drop rates

#38
Eragon123 wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
I completely agree, and I don't think I was arguing the opposite....but in case you didn't catch it from the book I wrote ( :? ) my point is that Apple decides what does or does not follow its guidelines, not random app users. It may be extremely obvious to many people that Celtic Heroes does not follow the guidelines, but if Apple doesn't see the situation the same way, nothing needs to be done.

Either way, now that Lorhad was kind enough to get in touch with Apple, we might find out in the next couple weeks. If no news comes out, then it will be obvious that Apple swept it under the rug and doesn't have an issue with the current situation. If VR has to start making changes, we will find out sometime before the next update (if Apple requires something to be done before the next build is released).

It’s in the apple guidelines, VR are not following the guidelines. That is not allowed. There’s tens of thousands of Apps in the App Store I don’t expect apple to check through every one. Doesn’t change the fact they are breaking the guidelines clear and simple. You don’t have to defend VR when they’re clearly in the wrong here.


I think Romeo was pretty accurate when he specified the difference between guidelines and rules.

From reading through the App Store Guidelines, I don’t see anywhere that it says the app is forced to follow them to the letter. If you see a place where it specifies that, please post a screenshot.

After reading through the guidelines in depth recently because of this thread, it seems to me like the App Store Guidelines aren’t really a set of rules that each app is checked against, but more of a general “guideline” (lol, shoulda been obvious) that app developers should (but are not forced to) follow so that Apple doesn’t reject their app.


To everyone here. The literal definition of a guideline is: “a general rule, principle, or piece of advice”. Guidelines are not specific legal rules that have to be followed. So while VR may not be following the app store guidelines exactly, that doesn’t mean they are “breaking the rules”.

As for Mdunc and Zkills, please stop pulling this thread off topic by discussing your opinions of gameplay. Seeing as it’s just the 2 of you participating, try PMing each other.

AppStore guidelines are rules. Chests in CH are loot boxes therefore it is against the rules to not disclose the odds.
Belenus
Nee 229 druid
ApplesBe 225 ranger
GetBashedX 222 warrior
Rainyy 200 rogue

Nuada
Meja druid

Re: Drop rates

#39
Apples-Bele wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:It’s in the apple guidelines, VR are not following the guidelines. That is not allowed. There’s tens of thousands of Apps in the App Store I don’t expect apple to check through every one. Doesn’t change the fact they are breaking the guidelines clear and simple. You don’t have to defend VR when they’re clearly in the wrong here.


I think Romeo was pretty accurate when he specified the difference between guidelines and rules.

From reading through the App Store Guidelines, I don’t see anywhere that it says the app is forced to follow them to the letter. If you see a place where it specifies that, please post a screenshot.

After reading through the guidelines in depth recently because of this thread, it seems to me like the App Store Guidelines aren’t really a set of rules that each app is checked against, but more of a general “guideline” (lol, shoulda been obvious) that app developers should (but are not forced to) follow so that Apple doesn’t reject their app.


To everyone here. The literal definition of a guideline is: “a general rule, principle, or piece of advice”. Guidelines are not specific legal rules that have to be followed. So while VR may not be following the app store guidelines exactly, that doesn’t mean they are “breaking the rules”.

As for Mdunc and Zkills, please stop pulling this thread off topic by discussing your opinions of gameplay. Seeing as it’s just the 2 of you participating, try PMing each other.

AppStore guidelines are rules. Chests in CH are loot boxes therefore it is against the rules to not disclose the odds.

It can’t be a rule if the creator(s) of those “rules” won’t even enforce them. You break the law, you get in trouble by the government. Break a rule in a sport, you get a penalty. You don’t release loot box info, nothing happens because Apple doesn’t care.

As of now it’s only really a small guideline that was put in there with I imagine little to no thought, simply just so apple can say “yea we did that, like us and buy our iPhones”. After some research and digging in I could only find 2 cases where Apple actually did something, and it was against 2 gaming giants (Nintendo and Square Enix) which was most likely done just so they could say they did it and they targeted bigger companies so people would actually care and take notice. Not to mention this happened months ago, I couldn’t find anything else since then.

Also found one against PUBG... another giant. Chances are that they don’t care about the thousands of smaller MMOs and only focus on the big companies because that gives Apple the most attention. Apple has already approved so many updates for this game with the loot box drop rates still hidden... they don’t care
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Drop rates

#40
pandanda wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:Nothing will ever be done about it. I’m pretty sure there are some other games I used to play that never released loot box drop rates either. Plus no one even knows if apple enforces this rule to a large extent... they probably just did it to give themselves a good name because everyone was against it at the time, now nobody really cares


Actually they do enforce this rule. All you have to do is look it up.


Key word: MUST

+1
Image
Ranger 227+
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests