Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Class decision

To start off I have about 5m worth of cash to gear whatever class I go with. With that being said, which one would you guys recommend me going with for mainly solo play? I do plan on grouping and joining a clan when I'm able to, but for now I'm looking for easy to level and not tooooo costly.

Re: Class decision

The cheapest leveling classes are warrior mage and rogue. All have very strong defensive capabilities and even with a defensive build deal out a lot more damage than a ranger or druid ever could.

Mage has energy shield and energy boost (if you really need the extra energy) and if you invest in a lux shield it will make soloing 100x easier.

Warriors are the tankiest class in the game and a dps war can build protective stance which adds a massive amount of defence meaning you will have almost no health issues if tou pop a regen lix.

Rogues are arguably the fastest leveling class and have a multitude of skills that will keep you alive. They can be a bit energy heavy but since you have some gold it shouldnt be an issue.

Ranger and druid are incredibly slow and grindy and both aweful at soloing
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I maintain quite the opposite opinion of what is posted above.

Druids are, by far, one of the easiest soloing classes around. Gear or no gear... they can easily tackle four star mobs above their level, no trouble doing bounties, and are widely sought after by clans for eventual recruitment.

They aren't terribly exciting, but they are incredibly reliable. Stacking focus and vitality, you'll never have energy issues and your HP pool is large enough to give you time to heal yourself even after copious interrupts.

Maxing strangling vines, lightning strike, heal over time, and main heal... you cast the heal over time on yourself just before pulling, pull with the damage over time, rock it with lightning, stopping only to heal as necessary. The only thing that stops you is adds, which if you get those you just logout to reset the encounter.

You have points left over to invest in root, or shield of bark if you prefer, or any other utility skill that suits your style.

You don't need lix, you don't need pots, you don't really need anything except maybe a luxury regen necklace.

I disagree with Ventius on the Ranger part. In my opinion Rangers are one of the better classes for soloing. Yes they may be slower damage than a rogue or mage, but they can survive a lot better, especially if you invest in Bolas (or Entangle), and most importantly Light Heal. A dex build Ranger could do very well if you run something along the lines of Longshot/Sharp Shot/Bolas/Light Heal with extra points in Rapid Shot (if you don't use haste elixirs). Druids can do well, but they do tend to run into energy issues quickly, unless you are willing to wait between mobs or use energy regen elixirs. Druid skills also take longer to kill mobs because of the focus on DoT, and tend to get interrupted a lot, so that can be frustrating.

My list of classes (based solely on solo leveling capabilities) would be:
(With limited plat)
Ranger (Light Heal means they can heal pretty quickly, decent auto attack damage means that running out of energy isn't horrible, Bolas means they could kite harder mobs).
Warrior (more survivability than Rogues puts them above them imo. Their damage is pretty good if you go with a Rupture build)
Mage (if you have a fire build with a high energy shield and energy boost, you can do surprisingly well).
Druid (they have good survivability and healing, and their damage is good, but slow..running out of energy is a pretty big issue, and energy harvest is pretty trash).
Rogue (their skills are really bursty and high damage, but running out of energy takes that away, their survivability is on par with Rangers, but they don't have a good heal or breather skill).

(With a lot of plat,, let's say combos all the time)
Rogue (with the extra survivability and energy regen/haste from elixirs, their damage potential isn't really limited in any way)
Ranger (close second to Rogues, their skills aren't as bursty, but their auto damage would probably be slightly superior to Rogues, so it's very close)
Warrior (not having to worry about energy regen, plus haste would mean they can do a lot of damage)
Mage (armor/health elixirs would boost survivability, unfortunately because their damage doesn't get a boost, aside from energy regen)
Druid (don't get too much of a benefit from elixirs...though they could drop any support skills and try going for a pure damage build).

And that's my opinion, based on my experience with the classes. Obviously your gear plays a pretty large role in this, and my first list based on absolute minimum plat usage...very limited restos, no elixirs, etc.
I also switched classes around several times while typing this...the classes are all really close in how good they are at soloing, and it mostly comes down to what mobs you're killing, what your gear looks like, your stat build, and which skills you pick.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

In my personal experience warrior is by far the easiest class to play and build around, I have one with virtually no abilities on it still easier to lix than ranger rogue Mage or druid due to thier versatility. The warriors are high armour and can deal decent damage. The downside for people playing with limited stuff is regardless of what you pick you will run into energy issues. I haven’t a single class I play where I haven’t had an energy problem at some point, only the issue is magnetised on Mage and druid due to all thier hits being skill orientated. In my opinion warrior would be the easiest but ranger isn’t too far behind. But it’s all preference and opinion.

Play what you think will be most fun.

Raz.
World - Danu
Rogue - YEHOVA 221
Ranger - Raza 221
Mage - Salamander 220
Warrior - Razza 220
Druid - Docta 200
Rogue - Razzzza 190
Warrior - Farrah 202

World - sulis
Druid - Razzaa 172

World - Lir
Warrior - Maggot 180

With lots of access to plat items, mainly restos, rogue is by far the easiest and fastest to lvl.

Without a ton of access to plat items but with the resources you have, Warrior will be the easiest. Warriors have great damage while lvling with none of their damage skills behind hindered by mob aggro or distance (longshot for rangers and sneaky for rogues). Being the endgame tanking class they have the best damage reduction abilities of any class while still being able to dish out damage. Highest armour rating out of other classes along with the fact that all DPS skills are boosted through strength making warrior lvling builds extremely easy to make. Warriors don't need amazing gear to lvl effectively solo so on servers where raid gear isn't easily accessible warriors will still do very well.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

I maintain quite the opposite opinion of what is posted above.

Druids are, by far, one of the easiest soloing classes around. Gear or no gear... they can easily tackle four star mobs above their level, no trouble doing bounties, and are widely sought after by clans for eventual recruitment.

They aren't terribly exciting, but they are incredibly reliable. Stacking focus and vitality, you'll never have energy issues and your HP pool is large enough to give you time to heal yourself even after copious interrupts.

Maxing strangling vines, lightning strike, heal over time, and main heal... you cast the heal over time on yourself just before pulling, pull with the damage over time, rock it with lightning, stopping only to heal as necessary. The only thing that stops you is adds, which if you get those you just logout to reset the encounter.

You have points left over to invest in root, or shield of bark if you prefer, or any other utility skill that suits your style.

You don't need lix, you don't need pots, you don't really need anything except maybe a luxury regen necklace.
Druids are extremely easy, but slow. Also grasping roots is your best friend when solo lvling. Albeit takes points from other skills like bark but you really don't need bark (in most situations) when using roots.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

In my personal experience warrior is by far the easiest class to play and build around, I have one with virtually no abilities on it still easier to lix than ranger rogue Mage or druid due to thier versatility. The warriors are high armour and can deal decent damage. The downside for people playing with limited stuff is regardless of what you pick you will run into energy issues. I haven’t a single class I play where I haven’t had an energy problem at some point, only the issue is magnetised on Mage and druid due to all thier hits being skill orientated. In my opinion warrior would be the easiest but ranger isn’t too far behind. But it’s all preference and opinion.

Play what you think will be most fun.

Raz.
The energy issue is an issue for all classes but simple solution is use heroic energy ammy in shalemont if you can't afford too much since it's only 90k. That is literally all you need to buy up until lvl 80+ if you are poor.

I disagree with Ventius on the Ranger part. In my opinion Rangers are one of the better classes for soloing. Yes they may be slower damage than a rogue or mage, but they can survive a lot better, especially if you invest in Bolas (or Entangle), and most importantly Light Heal. A dex build Ranger could do very well if you run something along the lines of Longshot/Sharp Shot/Bolas/Light Heal with extra points in Rapid Shot (if you don't use haste elixirs). Druids can do well, but they do tend to run into energy issues quickly, unless you are willing to wait between mobs or use energy regen elixirs. Druid skills also take longer to kill mobs because of the focus on DoT, and tend to get interrupted a lot, so that can be frustrating.

My list of classes (based solely on solo leveling capabilities) would be:
(With limited plat)
Ranger (Light Heal means they can heal pretty quickly, decent auto attack damage means that running out of energy isn't horrible, Bolas means they could kite harder mobs).
Warrior (more survivability than Rogues puts them above them imo. Their damage is pretty good if you go with a Rupture build)
Mage (if you have a fire build with a high energy shield and energy boost, you can do surprisingly well).
Druid (they have good survivability and healing, and their damage is good, but slow..running out of energy is a pretty big issue, and energy harvest is pretty trash).
Rogue (their skills are really bursty and high damage, but running out of energy takes that away, their survivability is on par with Rangers, but they don't have a good heal or breather skill).

(With a lot of plat,, let's say combos all the time)
Rogue (with the extra survivability and energy regen/haste from elixirs, their damage potential isn't really limited in any way)
Ranger (close second to Rogues, their skills aren't as bursty, but their auto damage would probably be slightly superior to Rogues, so it's very close)
Warrior (not having to worry about energy regen, plus haste would mean they can do a lot of damage)
Mage (armor/health elixirs would boost survivability, unfortunately because their damage doesn't get a boost, aside from energy regen)
Druid (don't get too much of a benefit from elixirs...though they could drop any support skills and try going for a pure damage build).

And that's my opinion, based on my experience with the classes. Obviously your gear plays a pretty large role in this, and my first list based on absolute minimum plat usage...very limited restos, no elixirs, etc.
I also switched classes around several times while typing this...the classes are all really close in how good they are at soloing, and it mostly comes down to what mobs you're killing, what your gear looks like, your stat build, and which skills you pick.
I hate the interruption druids have to deal with. I mean they literally get interrupted and the mobs aren't even hitting you (at least from what I'm looking at). Could be due to the 2 second lag on skills at times. That issue will eventually be fixed with an update but still annoying which is why I'm using roots for the time being.