Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Just got scammed in Herne

Just last night I was scammed for my most valuable jewelry, as well as my 150 fiery axe. Scammer's name is [Mod edit], and it sounds like he just made an alt with a similar name. He was extremely manipulative, and I was an idiot for falling for his tricks. But I have to warn everyone that he will make you trust him and then take your stuff later, as he did with me.
I know that these screenshots (below) aren't the best, but it these were the best I could get before all the messages cleared out.

In the top ss he was trying to get me to give him my main hand, and claiming after I gave it to him he would trade again and give back all my items (I didn't give him my main hand though), and in the bottom ss he is threatening to sell my stuff in ah if I didn't give my main hand. Please look out for this guy!!!! Before I logged he was telling everyone that he bought the items from me, but one of the most expensive items there is worth 750K. I currently have almost 100K. On top of that I just recently bought a mount for 750K yesterday afternoon, and all this happened around midnight.
Im going to figure out how to report this jerk, and if nothing happens I may either switch to a new server and get a fresh start or quit the game all together. A loss like this is not easily recovered from. If you have any suggestions of what server to transfer to, please pm me.

Everyone, and not just in Herne, BE CAREFUL!! You will meet people you consider friends who scam everything from you. It would be best to never take risks like I did. Scammers, who are basically liars, cheaters, and thieves don't give a crap about your feelings, and you can beg all you want they will not listen to you, unless you manage to find someone who realizes what they did is wrong. In games, you don't actually know the person you are talking to. Not in real life. Their true intentions aren't always what they seem. I had a friend a few months back who was one of the kindest players I knew until he decided to scam someone. Just don't take the risk! I am not saying all players are scammers so we need to hide under the table while we play. I had multiple supporters while we were trying to deal with [Mod Edit]. But we have to be careful with who we trust our items to. I learned that the hard way.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Re: Just got scammed in Herne

I’m really sorry to hear this happened to you. From the posts I’ve seen on the forum you seem like a really nice person and well what can I say, there are some greedy thieving scum out there.

Your post will probably be edited or removed for naming and shaming however, the best way to report is through support in game or by email. I think it’s still support@onethumbmobile.com
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Maybe VR needs to put something in the newbie tutorial about scamming since a lot of new players don’t read the forums and are easy prey for these types of scams.

If trades could be made with the option to put a time limit and a no trade restriction, it would solve the problem. This way if someone wanted to 'borrow' your stuff, you could set it so they could only have it for a certain amount of time and it wouldn't be trade able so they couldn't sell it.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Your post will probably be edited or removed for naming and shaming however, the best way to report is through support in game or by email
Thanks for the warning. I just wanted to let people know who don't have band to watch out for this guy.

Putting something in the tutorial would be a good reminder of the risks of trading. But I think its already well-known trading means possible scamming.

And I think a timer for amount of time the person uses the item traded would be a great idea, tapping "trade for 5 mins", "10 mins", "Forever", etc. But I think there's bound to be a problem found in that...

But really we just all need to be careful about trading our items and be responsible with what we own.

Saw a suggestion once where they make it that you can only trade with people on your friend list, thought this was pretty good and a simple way to stop the similar name scam. Not sure if that’s what’s happened here but it’s a common scam regardless.

Angmar if you do decide to try a new server and Lugh is of interest , hit me up and I’ll help you out with what I can to get you started.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

The best words of wisdom I can give.

You can only get scammed if you allow someone to do it.

I dont think there has to be antiscamming measures, I just think the general population needs to know more about avoiding scammers. But I do want to see a timed trade feature some day, so I can loan out items for once without scam risk(maybe the option to charge gold for a loan too).

Expanding on that, it would be pretty cool if we could ah list loans out too. Sometimes you don't want to sell an item, but you aren't using it.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

In B4 lock.
Otm/VR, please look into the files from last night around midnight. You'll see how agmar was swindled out of her stuff by this low life.
I understand, you won't get her stuff back for her, but at least put herne players mind at ease knowing you'll at least ban this scum bag.

The best words of wisdom I can give.

You can only get scammed if you allow someone to do it.

I dont think there has to be antiscamming measures, I just think the general population needs to know more about avoiding scammers.
Yes. Wise and true.

In B4 lock.
Otm/VR, please look into the files from last night around midnight. You'll see how agmar was swindled out of her stuff by this low life.
I understand, you won't get her stuff back for her, but at least put herne players mind at ease knowing you'll at least ban this scum bag.
Midnight US time.