Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Golden candles

The current apparent droprate would be fine if they were tradeable. Those that don’t wanna hunt could sell them. But both low rate and no trade just feels abit excessive
I personally like the low drop rate so that the rarity of the blessed hats can be kept and only really dedicated players can earn them. The no trade is also an excellent choice because then people can't have 4 different alts camping.

However, I'm not sure yet if the blessed hats are tradable, so if not then it may just be a private endeavor.
With the candles being no trade, I feel safe in assuming the same of the hats tbh.
http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/

Rosmerta - Axiom

160+ Druid
200+ rogue
200+ ranger

Is it one golden candle for blessed or do the numbers go up as the colors do?

Can you do the blessed out of order? (white first?)
Red requires like 15 blessed candles and it goes up as the rarity goes up. White requires 80 I think. And yes you can do them out of order, as long as you have completed the normal version of it first.

The current apparent droprate would be fine if they were tradeable. Those that don’t wanna hunt could sell them. But both low rate and no trade just feels abit excessive
I personally like the low drop rate so that the rarity of the blessed hats can be kept and only really dedicated players can earn them. The no trade is also an excellent choice because then people can't have 4 different alts camping.

However, I'm not sure yet if the blessed hats are tradable, so if not then it may just be a private endeavor.
I'm not a fan of rewarding players because they have less real life responsibilities so they can spend 10x the amount of game play. Stuff like the Golden candles shouldn't require you canceling your social life and calling into work for a month to get a shiny hat. And with the randomness you could have someone that spends little time and gets lucky over someone that spends a tremendous amount of time and is unlucky.
I'd like to see Golden candles tradable. As an example you could trade in 200 regular candles for 1 glowing candle (just a random number I picked.)
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I'm not a fan of rewarding players because they have less real life responsibilities so they can spend 10x the amount of game play. Stuff like the Golden candles shouldn't require you canceling your social life and calling into work for a month to get a shiny hat. And with the randomness you could have someone that spends little time and gets lucky over someone that spends a tremendous amount of time and is unlucky.
I'd like to see Golden candles tradable. As an example you could trade in 200 regular candles for 1 glowing candle (just a random number I picked.)
I agree

I kind of give up. I wanted the purple version but Golden's are a fools errand (at least I was wearing my jester fashion as I was on the mission).

I'd prefer a system similar to how the ling vendor was last year for nodens: so require a specific amount of regular candles to equal maybe 1 golden then can go turn in for the blessed versions. That would remove the luck out of the system and give something to actually work towards without it feeling fruitless.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I kind of give up. I wanted the purple version but Golden's are a fools errand (at least I was wearing my jester fashion as I was on the mission).

I'd prefer a system similar to how the ling vendor was last year for nodens: so require a specific amount of regular candles to equal maybe 1 golden then can go turn in for the blessed versions. That would remove the luck out of the system and give something to actually work towards without it feeling fruitless.
+1