Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why is there heat /attack damage on the mage brace (CG) ?

The reason there is no such thing as an auto mage is because they decided that mages, and mages only don't get to have physical damage on their weapons thus rendering any weapon ability or strength additions useless.
They could put 10 million wand ability on a ring and it would add absolutely nothing.
Dragonlord wand is crushing damage isn't it? Or did they change that
It is but why should we be forced to go back 3 generations of gear to have an even vaguely useful weapon, not to mention at that point the terrible damage and non existent skill boost makes it far from a viable addition.
A mage can use a classless bow as well but how is that relevant in the current endgame meta.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Elemental damage from jewelry/armor/weapons should scale with focus, just like how physical dmg scales with str
I don't see how this would be a helpful addition, all it would do is give mele classes an even greater boost and still leave mages without any possibility of getting damage from strength and ability addition. Not to mention that mele classes are the ones with armor and jewels boosting elemental damage not mages in addition to them having large ammounts of both elemental and physical damage on their weapons. (me trying to keep my sarcasm from spewing forth :p @bob)

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Elemental damage from jewelry/armor/weapons should scale with focus, just like how physical dmg scales with str
I don't see how this would be a helpful addition, all it would do is give mele classes an even greater boost and still leave mages without any possibility of getting damage from strength and ability addition. Not to mention that mele classes are the ones with armor and jewels boosting elemental damage not mages in addition to them having large ammounts of both elemental and physical damage on their weapons. (me trying to keep my sarcasm from spewing forth :p @bob)
I think his suggestion is pretty decent, actually. Yes it would give melee classes a boost...but the stat points they put into focus would have to come out of somewhere else, right? Most endgame Rangers/Rogues (possibly Warriors too) have no extra points in focus, relying on getting most of their energy from their gear. If they were to start putting points in Focus, they would have to take their points out of something else.

I don't know of a single mage that puts any points into strength. I also agree that Mage and Druid gear doesn't have elemental damage, so that would be something that could be fixed.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I think his suggestion is pretty decent, actually. Yes it would give melee classes a boost...but the stat points they put into focus would have to come out of somewhere else, right? Most endgame Rangers/Rogues (possibly Warriors too) have no extra points in focus, relying on getting most of their energy from their gear. If they were to start putting points in Focus, they would have to take their points out of something else.

I don't know of a single mage that puts any points into strength. I also agree that Mage and Druid gear doesn't have elemental damage, so that would be something that could be fixed.
2 Years ago I would consider this, however, VR is already at their limits for stat based gear development due to plateau. All well-geared endgame toons are either at or surpassing their effective stat limits and as bt gear gets more widely distributed the problem will just continue to get worse. There would be absolutely no loss whatsoever for mele with a stat point shift if it was a continual boost to their dps. Additionally, it does nothing to address the real reason that mages cant have an auto variant and that is because of the lack of physical damage.

Whether VR admits it or not until they address the structure of their damage formulas they are permanently handicapped in terms of gear development. While its true that a large portion of the population is casual players and those players may not even know about or notice the plateau effect. I would be willing to bet that in general, the casual players are not the ones dropping thousands of dollars to fund the game, and eventually its an issue they will be forced to acknowledge.

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

You won’t get a big boost unless if you dumped loads of points into focus... imo the scaling should start off slow, but really start to take off once you have, let’s say, 800 points put into focus. It also incentivizes the use for focus in melee classes to a certain extent, which is a plus because energy is a serious problem in this game for both early and late game. This would keep focus from making melee classes too op, give the focus stat more purpose for melee classes, and give casters a significant melee boost.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The reason there is no such thing as an auto mage is because they decided that mages, and mages only don't get to have physical damage on their weapons thus rendering any weapon ability or strength additions useless.
They could put 10 million wand ability on a ring and it would add absolutely nothing.
Dragonlord wand is crushing damage isn't it? Or did they change that
It is but why should we be forced to go back 3 generations of gear to have an even vaguely useful weapon, not to mention at that point the terrible damage and non existent skill boost makes it far from a viable addition.
A mage can use a classless bow as well but how is that relevant in the current endgame meta.
Yeah true. Druid has auto capability why shouldn't mage, odd how dragonlord wand is crush, why not exalted wand as well? Or make the wand hit way harder magic damage, it is the last quest line mainhand for now and takes a while to get :P

You won’t get a big boost unless if you dumped loads of points into focus... imo
I don't know about you but all three of my endgame toons were well over the plateau threshold without any dg and minimal bt gear.
the scaling should start off slow, but really start to take off once you have, let’s say, 800 points put into focus.
That is the exact opposite of how plateau formulas function lol the greatest gain comes with the least amount of points and it drops off over time.
It also incentivizes the use for focus in melee classes to a certain extent, which is a plus because energy is a serious problem in this game for both early and late game.
This is a completely separate issue that lies entirely in skill energy expenditure.
This would keep focus from making melee classes too op, give the focus stat more purpose for melee classes, and give casters a significant melee boost.
So essentially remove class structure, otm messed up when they nerfed elemental damage to the point where divine damage became a reliance rather than a tool. It's fixable they have just been unwilling to acknowledge it thus far.

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

You won’t get a big boost unless if you dumped loads of points into focus... imo
I don't know about you but all three of my endgame toons were well over the plateau threshold without any dg and minimal bt gear.
the scaling should start off slow, but really start to take off once you have, let’s say, 800 points put into focus.
That is the exact opposite of how plateau formulas function lol the greatest gain comes with the least amount of points and it drops off over time.
It also incentivizes the use for focus in melee classes to a certain extent, which is a plus because energy is a serious problem in this game for both early and late game.
This is a completely separate issue that lies entirely in skill energy expenditure.
This would keep focus from making melee classes too op, give the focus stat more purpose for melee classes, and give casters a significant melee boost.
So essentially remove class structure, otm messed up when they nerfed elemental damage to the point where divine damage became a reliance rather than a tool. It's fixable they have just been unwilling to acknowledge it thus far.
What are you trying to get at? The point is to have the opposite of a plateau formula because it prevents melee classes from simply putting a small amount of points into focus or using gear that gives a small amount of focus (secrets helm and what not) and getting a significant boost, making things very unbalanced between casters and melee. Melee would have to take a large amount from one stat and put it into focus if they want that elemental boost, it keeps thing balanced.

The other point is to make melee casters a useable build, it will add a lot more variety and make playing a mage/Druid so much more fun to play... Druids specifically could use something like this
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

What are you trying to get at? The point is to have the opposite of a plateau formula because it prevents melee classes from simply putting a small amount of points into focus or using gear that gives a small amount of focus (secrets helm and what not) and getting a significant boost, making things very unbalanced between casters and melee. Melee would have to take a large amount from one stat and put it into focus if they want that elemental boost, it keeps thing balanced.

The other point is to make melee casters a useable build, it will add a lot more variety and make playing a mage/Druid so much more fun to play... Druids specifically could use something like this
+1
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu