Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ring Stats Question

So I'm trying to figure out if the rings that give +1 -6 of a given skill like pummel or etc. Compared to rings that give 300 to 700 to a skill like scholarly wisdom and how would I be able to judge which type gives the greatest advantage. If anyone has any insight into this please post below, thank you.

Re: Ring Stats Question

So I'm trying to figure out if the rings that give +1 -6 of a given skill like pummel or etc. Compared to rings that give 300 to 700 to a skill like scholarly wisdom and how would I be able to judge which type gives the greatest advantage. If anyone has any insight into this please post below, thank you.
The new RNG based abilities plateau really bad, dont use gear for it.
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCT7f2rF0FU

For melee classes, having direct damage+ skill gear for good skills(This is assuming your skills are already 50, if not, focus on point gear), or direct damage(elemental/physical) is optimal, as strength plateaus.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Skill point rings (that give direct points to the skill, as seen in the Skills page) directly increase the effects of a skill. Most of the time it just increases the damage or healing of the skill (along with the energy cost!) but other skills have affects that require the skill to be a certain level. For example, a Ranger's Bolas skill only affects enemies within a certain range (a level 3 bolas only affects mobs up to 20 if my math is right, in order to affect higher leveled enemies, you need to put more skill points in the skill). Other classes have a few skills that are similar.
In general though, the more skill points, the better. It means that your skills get a direct boost to their damage/healing/misc effect.

Ability points (such as Melee Combat, Ranged Combat, Natures Magic, Scholarly Wisdom, etc) are a slightly different system. The majority of skills are affected by certain abilities (if a skill is affected by an ability, it will say so on the skill description in the Skills page). For example, Ranger's Sharp Shot skill is boosted by the Ranged Combat ability...so the more points you have in the Ranged Combat ability, the more damage Sharp Shot (and a few other skills) do.

However, the increase from ability points is very small, and barely noticeable. I'd recommend to go with skill point rings in pretty much every situation. Ability boosting rings don't serve much of a purpose, unfortunately!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

*If you're a low level then rings that add to skills are best.
Example: Royal ring of life steal
+5 Life steal

*If your skills are maxed out then the next great step would be rings that add stats that greatly benefit your class.

Example: Imperial emberdrake ring of blazes
500 fire magic
400 energy
400 evasion 1
400 evasion 2
400 evasion 3

*If you go above that then rings that add skill points + additional damage (which is written in the description) are the next step, alongside rings that add elemental damage.

Example 1: Imperial aetheric ring of ice blast
+14 ice blast
Up to 1337 additional damage on ice blast

Example 2: Godly stormpearl ring
+100 magic damage

*And then there's:
If you're levelling it's nice to use a ring (doesn't even have to be a ring it could be a brace) which boosts ones armour, defence, heat/cold/magic resistance or even skill evasions(I don't recommend this one over the others that I suggested).
Hope this helps ;)
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Really depends on what lvl you are and in what situation u are using said item. Everything has it's purpose in this game but I'm personally 200+ and those rings that add critical skills or strike literally do nothing for me. I always went with +5 rings until lvl 90-100 and went with a ring that adds stats plus attack/defence/evasions and haste ring and kept 2 of my rings +5 till I got good jewelry that adds stats and skills boosts.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Question about a +200 treasure hunter ring. Is it worth using at al?
No. The chances for it to drop double gold are increased so slightly but it is not worth using. anything that adds directly to stat points or skill points will likely be drastically better
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Okay question between Critical Strike ring and critical chance ring what are the differences and ultimately what is the best one for a warrior also for a warrior should I exchange my plus five to double attack ring that I paid dearly for for a different stat ring one that doesn't give two a fighting skill but one that gives till like scholarly instead? And lastly what is the difference between the skill books double attack for a warrior which I have and double strike which I don't have and I'm wondering if I can use it or not or is that only for other classes other than Warrior?

Critical chance is not one of the options. Are you thinking critical skill by chance? You should absolutely not give up here + 5 double attack ring. Overall you don't want ability rings in your build. rings that add skill points are good, but things that add to critical strike, critical skill, scholar, and treasure hunter are normally not a huge help.
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.