Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Updates

I wouldnt call an S9+ terribly outdated but it freezes horribly. Now after this "fix" than ever before.
Blaming "outdated" phones is a bs excuse imo. They stated themselves that they were increasing the number of compatible devises, not decreasing. Hopefully once all the noob gear stats are in order they'll focus on making a working product.
You do realize there are a couple different parts of the team, right? Schwing stated that the developers (the actual game coders) are still working on fixes. The stat changes/fixes were a simple design issue. The people who came up with the items decided to change/fix the items, so they did. Just because the patch notes didn't mention any backend changes doesn't mean that none were done, or that the design changes were more important and took the focus off of everything else...all it means is that the design changes were easy enough (and important enough) to be released immediately, rather than waiting a while until the next update. I recall someone saying that the skills with the rings were insanely overpowered, obviously it was bad enough that VR wanted to get them fixed instantly.

*edit to add Jake's post from the patch notes thread*
The bloom rings had a gamebreaking skill they shouldn't have had.
Taunt ring skill, on a warrior, would do around 9k damage with a 5 second cooldown.
Calm ring skill, on a druid, could heal up to 12k.

As far as I know, VR has not blamed any "outdated" devices. the only people I have seen mention "outdated" devices are players, who obviously know nothing about what devices would be outdated. Yes, I believe VR said that the engine upgrade should increase the number of compatible devices. I'm not sure if that's still the case...old devices are only getting older, and everything becomes unsupported eventually (unfortunately).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I wouldnt call an S9+ terribly outdated but it freezes horribly. Now after this "fix" than ever before.
Blaming "outdated" phones is a bs excuse imo. They stated themselves that they were increasing the number of compatible devises, not decreasing. Hopefully once all the noob gear stats are in order they'll focus on making a working product.
You do realize there are a couple different parts of the team, right? Schwing stated that the developers (the actual game coders) are still working on fixes. The stat changes/fixes were a simple design issue. The people who came up with the items decided to change/fix the items, so they did. Just because the patch notes didn't mention any backend changes doesn't mean that none were done, or that the design changes were more important and took the focus off of everything else...all it means is that the design changes were easy enough (and important enough) to be released immediately, rather than waiting a while until the next update. I recall someone saying that the skills with the rings were insanely overpowered, obviously it was bad enough that VR wanted to get them fixed instantly.

*edit to add Jake's post from the patch notes thread*
The bloom rings had a gamebreaking skill they shouldn't have had.
Taunt ring skill, on a warrior, would do around 9k damage with a 5 second cooldown.
Calm ring skill, on a druid, could heal up to 12k.

As far as I know, VR has not blamed any "outdated" devices. the only people I have seen mention "outdated" devices are players, who obviously know nothing about what devices would be outdated. Yes, I believe VR said that the engine upgrade should increase the number of compatible devices. I'm not sure if that's still the case...old devices are only getting older, and everything becomes unsupported eventually (unfortunately).
Nobody said vr blamed older devices and I can't see why you feel the need to blow hot air. They did state they ARE increasing supported devices though. I'm sure since you were so quick to interject yourself you knew that though. Just in case you aren't as 100% sure as I am, I got a lil memory enhancer for you.

Nobody said vr blamed older devices and I can't see why you feel the need to blow hot air.
You are right, I don’t recall reading that VR blames older devices. That’s why I said what I did...
As far as I know, VR has not blamed any "outdated" devices. the only people I have seen mention "outdated" devices are players, who obviously know nothing about what devices would be outdated.
They did state they ARE increasing supported devices though. I'm sure since you were so quick to interject yourself you knew that though. Just in case you aren't as 100% sure as I am, I got a lil memory enhancer for you.
I know that Difinitus said that (here for other readers). I also know that that was said over a month ago, before the issues that have come up with memory usage.
Don’t get me wrong, I would absolutely love for the list of supported devices to be increased. I have an old ipad that’s been running the game pretty poorly. However, I also have the sneaking suspicion that these unforeseen bugs may cause the list to go the other way. I sure hope not, but sometimes things don’t go the way they are planned. Just because VR said something at one point doesn’t mean that it will happen that way (not necessarily through any fault of VR). That’s the direction I was trying to go with my post.

As per our latest update, our initial goal is to make sure that every hero can play Celtic Heroes. However, this has come with required compromises in regards to performance. We are aware of this and work is ongoing for a broader resolution like rebuilding our UI back-end.

We have made a lot of effort to make the game available to as many players with older devices as possible, which is why a large part of this update wasn't as smooth as we would have liked it to be. Bear in mind that not only are we working to optimize our own code, but working with the limitations of some 3rd parties software who aren't making the same efforts to be as inclusive to older devices as we are.

We will continue to be transparent and update the entire community as we make progress.

As per our latest update, our initial goal is to make sure that every hero can play Celtic Heroes. However, this has come with required compromises in regards to performance. We are aware of this and work is ongoing for a broader resolution like rebuilding our UI back-end.

We have made a lot of effort to make the game available to as many players with older devices as possible, which is why a large part of this update wasn't as smooth as we would have liked it to be. Bear in mind that not only are we working to optimize our own code, but working with the limitations of some 3rd parties software who aren't making the same efforts to be as inclusive to older devices as we are.

We will continue to be transparent and update the entire community as we make progress.
Are there any plans expanding the team ? Some working on new content already while others trying to fix glitches, bugs ? Group A working on advertising while group B looking for how unbalanced stuff can be fixed ? Etc.

Are there any plans expanding the team ? Some working on new content already while others trying to fix glitches, bugs ? Group A working on advertising while group B looking for how unbalanced stuff can be fixed ? Etc.
Yes, this is the list of job openings available on their website. If you know anyone with the skills, have them apply :P