Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Spirit Animals

#21
Eragon123 wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
sumo1dog wrote:I was wondering, to get a spirit war mount, does its have to be two tier 6 silver mounts? Or can it be any mount? If it's silver, that's really difficult for anyone who can't spend thousands of dollars on the game...


This is the process. Let's say you have a basic brown bear. You need to upgrade that bear to level 6. Then you need another lvl 6 bear to upgrade to the next color bear. Then it doubles what you need for the next color and so on. It's a ton of tokens.


Like Kitty said, you just need 2 tier 6 silver mounts for a spirit animal, you can bypass the new ugprade system by only getting silver mounts. You are right though...if you have a maxed out brown bewr, it’s gonna be a major pain to try and get to silver...it’s much easier to sell it and start over going straight for silver.


Why is it easier to go straight for silver. Wouldn't they use exactly the same amount of tokens. You don't need to break down anything. Not now. You can combine 2 lvl 6 brown horses (for example) and get 1 lvl 6 red horse. Repeat process till u obtain a silver mount. I don't want to ride around on a lvl 1 silver mount while I'm waiting on an upgrade. Is their something I'm missing about this process or something?


Image
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Spirit Animals

#22
Eragon123 wrote:Keep in mind that this is not supposed to be even remotely easy to get...like Zyz said, it’s essentially a gold drain, albeit an annoying one. Just because it’s there doesn’t mean everyone needs to get it...it’s just one of the things that some people will have, and can show off, and 99% of the playerbase won’t be able to get without serious cash or time and luck. There’s already at least 3 people on Sulis with spirit mounts.

The one thing I’m super grateful for is that it’s not really overpowered. It’s a decent upgrade from silver tier 6, but not strong enough to make people feel like they are really missing out by not getting it.


The only thing really worth getting a spirit mount for is the 120% speed and because it looks cool. The stats are hardly noticeable.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Spirit Animals

#23
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
This is the process. Let's say you have a basic brown bear. You need to upgrade that bear to level 6. Then you need another lvl 6 bear to upgrade to the next color bear. Then it doubles what you need for the next color and so on. It's a ton of tokens.


Like Kitty said, you just need 2 tier 6 silver mounts for a spirit animal, you can bypass the new ugprade system by only getting silver mounts. You are right though...if you have a maxed out brown bewr, it’s gonna be a major pain to try and get to silver...it’s much easier to sell it and start over going straight for silver.


Why is it easier to go straight for silver. Wouldn't they use exactly the same amount of tokens. You don't need to break down anything. Not now. You can combine 2 lvl 6 brown horses (for example) and get 1 lvl 6 red horse. Repeat process till u obtain a silver mount. I don't want to ride around on a lvl 1 silver mount while I'm waiting on an upgrade. Is their something I'm missing about this process or something?


Image


2 tier 3 mounts cost more than 1 tier 4 (silver) mount.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

Re: Spirit Animals

#24
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
This is the process. Let's say you have a basic brown bear. You need to upgrade that bear to level 6. Then you need another lvl 6 bear to upgrade to the next color bear. Then it doubles what you need for the next color and so on. It's a ton of tokens.


Like Kitty said, you just need 2 tier 6 silver mounts for a spirit animal, you can bypass the new ugprade system by only getting silver mounts. You are right though...if you have a maxed out brown bewr, it’s gonna be a major pain to try and get to silver...it’s much easier to sell it and start over going straight for silver.


Why is it easier to go straight for silver. Wouldn't they use exactly the same amount of tokens. You don't need to break down anything. Not now. You can combine 2 lvl 6 brown horses (for example) and get 1 lvl 6 red horse. Repeat process till u obtain a silver mount. I don't want to ride around on a lvl 1 silver mount while I'm waiting on an upgrade. Is their something I'm missing about this process or something?


Image


It costs 96 tokens to get '1' max black wolf, then it costs 128 tokens to get '1' max silver wolf, so if you wanna combine the black wolves you have it's going to cost 192 tokens, obviously breaking them down is the smart move to make.
Wanna know why they implemented this system? Because some people are stupid and that's where their money comes from.

Edit: 2 reds for a silver would've worked without a loss profit on both ends but they had to have he upper hand as usual.

@VR, you thought his was a smart move but the mounts were already split into 4 tiers (brown, red etc) so if you wanna make the spirit mounts more realistic you're going have to price it at: 160 tokens and I don't even mean making the tier 6 mounts ascend but just make one spirit mount of each animal, have it's level requirement at 220 and make it exchangable for the tokens itself.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
170+ Warrior
220+ Mage
190 Locker
170+ Druid

#JoinThe G.O.A.T Trend

Image

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Re: Spirit Animals

#25
sumo1dog wrote:
Xanadu wrote:I guess I don’t see the big deal. Sure from zero you can drop 256 mount tokens which is just shy of 9m gold, or you can also religiously do bounties and you would likely have enough purple tokens by now if you saved them. Off bounties, I have a golden hare at lvl 6 and a lvl 6 silver elk with 62 of 128 purple tokens to go for the spirit. You can pay outright or be patient and have a goal over time. It all matters how you choose to play the game.

Frankly, it beats the chest egg jackpot of dragons and Phoenixes, which is luck and gold trading alone.


While fair, you need 256 mount tokens. If you were to do bounties religiously aka 6 a day every day, it would take approximately three years to obtain. THREE YEARS. Thats completely insane for those who dont play often enough to do said bounties nor are affluent enough to spend money on the game (broke college student). From my time playing (since 2012) I have a tier 6 brown wolf and a tier 6 brown bunny with about 30 tokens saved up. I've been very patient with the game. I agree that two level 6 mounts to obtain the spirited one is fair, but I do think there should be different levels instead of having it be only silver mounts. Considering that OTM has barely an audience that plays anymore, I feel they need to make investments in the game that can benefit all players. This sadly seems like a decision that benefits the select few and is a cheap cash grab, which is something they really shouldn't go for at this point in time.


Looks like in those three years you may have to earn items and gold to buy additional mount tokens to shorten the time. It’s like complaining that the trash man only comes once a week and your dumpster is right out back.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Re: Spirit Animals

#26
RoyalBratt wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Like Kitty said, you just need 2 tier 6 silver mounts for a spirit animal, you can bypass the new ugprade system by only getting silver mounts. You are right though...if you have a maxed out brown bewr, it’s gonna be a major pain to try and get to silver...it’s much easier to sell it and start over going straight for silver.


Why is it easier to go straight for silver. Wouldn't they use exactly the same amount of tokens. You don't need to break down anything. Not now. You can combine 2 lvl 6 brown horses (for example) and get 1 lvl 6 red horse. Repeat process till u obtain a silver mount. I don't want to ride around on a lvl 1 silver mount while I'm waiting on an upgrade. Is their something I'm missing about this process or something?


Image


2 tier 3 mounts cost more than 1 tier 4 (silver) mount.


Why is that? Sorry I'm trying to figure it out.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Spirit Animals

#27
Shivahh wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:
Like Kitty said, you just need 2 tier 6 silver mounts for a spirit animal, you can bypass the new ugprade system by only getting silver mounts. You are right though...if you have a maxed out brown bewr, it’s gonna be a major pain to try and get to silver...it’s much easier to sell it and start over going straight for silver.


Why is it easier to go straight for silver. Wouldn't they use exactly the same amount of tokens. You don't need to break down anything. Not now. You can combine 2 lvl 6 brown horses (for example) and get 1 lvl 6 red horse. Repeat process till u obtain a silver mount. I don't want to ride around on a lvl 1 silver mount while I'm waiting on an upgrade. Is their something I'm missing about this process or something?


Image


It costs 96 tokens to get '1' max black wolf, then it costs 128 tokens to get '1' max silver wolf, so if you wanna combine the black wolves you have it's going to cost 192 tokens, obviously breaking them down is the smart move to make.
Wanna know why they implemented this system? Because some people are stupid and that's where their money comes from.

Edit: 2 reds for a silver would've worked without a loss profit on both ends but they had to have he upper hand as usual.

@VR, you thought his was a smart move but the mounts were already split into 4 tiers (brown, red etc) so if you wanna make the spirit mounts more realistic you're going have to price it at: 160 tokens and I don't even mean making the tier 6 mounts ascend but just make one spirit mount of each animal, have it's level requirement at 220 and make it exchangable for the tokens itself.


Honestly I'm not good with #s. That's is why I didn't realise this. Thanks for the clarification. So basically. Start over with silver only. Then work my up. I can continue to use my brown mount for now lol.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Spirit Animals

#28
Xanadu wrote:I guess I don’t see the big deal. Sure from zero you can drop 256 mount tokens which is just shy of 9m gold, or you can also religiously do bounties and you would likely have enough purple tokens by now if you saved them. Off bounties, I have a golden hare at lvl 6 and a lvl 6 silver elk with 62 of 128 purple tokens to go for the spirit. You can pay outright or be patient and have a goal over time. It all matters how you choose to play the game.

Frankly, it beats the chest egg jackpot of dragons and Phoenixes, which is luck and gold trading alone.



How long did it take you to get 512 purple tokens for a level 6 pet/mount max tier

Re: Spirit Animals

#29
Lucerin wrote:
sumo1dog wrote:
Xanadu wrote:I guess I don’t see the big deal. Sure from zero you can drop 256 mount tokens which is just shy of 9m gold, or you can also religiously do bounties and you would likely have enough purple tokens by now if you saved them. Off bounties, I have a golden hare at lvl 6 and a lvl 6 silver elk with 62 of 128 purple tokens to go for the spirit. You can pay outright or be patient and have a goal over time. It all matters how you choose to play the game.

Frankly, it beats the chest egg jackpot of dragons and Phoenixes, which is luck and gold trading alone.


While fair, you need 256 mount tokens. If you were to do bounties religiously aka 6 a day every day, it would take approximately three years to obtain. THREE YEARS. Thats completely insane for those who dont play often enough to do said bounties nor are affluent enough to spend money on the game (broke college student). From my time playing (since 2012) I have a tier 6 brown wolf and a tier 6 brown bunny with about 30 tokens saved up. I've been very patient with the game. I agree that two level 6 mounts to obtain the spirited one is fair, but I do think there should be different levels instead of having it be only silver mounts. Considering that OTM has barely an audience that plays anymore, I feel they need to make investments in the game that can benefit all players. This sadly seems like a decision that benefits the select few and is a cheap cash grab, which is something they really shouldn't go for at this point in time.


Looks like in those three years you may have to earn items and gold to buy additional mount tokens to shorten the time. It’s like complaining that the trash man only comes once a week and your dumpster is right out back.


I don't think you are understanding the point I am, and others, are trying to make.

Re: Spirit Animals

#30
I got mine the day it came out without buying chests before double plat started. Granted I had one lvl 6 already, but the rest of the tokens were made up of trading in bounty items from my other toons. If you have multiple toons and do bounties on them all it’s pretty easy to get a bunch of tokens fast. Hell even my raid campers had a couple of blue tokens each on them from logging in.

Im also very lazy and only do bounties while I’m levelling the toons up so I’m sure for people who do max bounties every day it’s extremely doable.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 203 Ranger

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests