Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#11
Coming soon: 150% mounts for a small price of 512 mount tokens
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#12
To be fair, people have been asking for gold sinks for the past few years. I think this is a good way for people with boatloads of money to get something special, that most other players probably will never get.

Is it super overpriced, and has unimpressive stats? Absolutely. Does that make it bad? Not in my opinion. It will be something that people can strive towards...once they get a maxed tier 4, they still have something more to work for.

I think it's fine as is. I don't think it's supposed to be a super overpowered mount...maybe think of it more as a super exclusive mount charm that only the richest can get.

The reason it's stats aren't very impressive is to prevent it from being a pay to win item....if it had extremely good stats, then it would be something that every player would be aiming to get...whereas with how it currently is, with a very small buff, it's not super necessary. Otherwise, it would just turn into the next step of mount, where "if you don't have a spectral mount, you aren't at your max potential".

Basically, I think it is a great gold sinks, with decent tradeoffs. It's not overpowered enough to make people feel like they have to have one to be the best they can, but gives a small enough buff that it's not just a super cool mount charm.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#14
Eragon123 wrote:To be fair, people have been asking for gold sinks for the past few years. I think this is a good way for people with boatloads of money to get something special, that most other players probably will never get.

Is it super overpriced, and has unimpressive stats? Absolutely. Does that make it bad? Not in my opinion. It will be something that people can strive towards...once they get a maxed tier 4, they still have something more to work for.

I think it's fine as is. I don't think it's supposed to be a super overpowered mount...maybe think of it more as a super exclusive mount charm that only the richest can get.

The reason it's stats aren't very impressive is to prevent it from being a pay to win item....if it had extremely good stats, then it would be something that every player would be aiming to get...whereas with how it currently is, with a very small buff, it's not super necessary. Otherwise, it would just turn into the next step of mount, where "if you don't have a spectral mount, you aren't at your max potential".

Basically, I think it is a great gold sinks, with decent tradeoffs. It's not overpowered enough to make people feel like they have to have one to be the best they can, but gives a small enough buff that it's not just a super cool mount charm.

Cooking is a MASSIVE gold sink. This is NOT a gold sink, its a plat sink to make VR more money.
I agree it shouldnt be too overpowered stats/skills wise, better looks + speed + immortal with same stats as T6 would be great still imo. I do think bounty tokens (hunter boon & prize) should have a buffed drop rate though after this update. Seeing as token pets will no longer be top tier and the mount will take a ridiculously long time to get without shoving your credit card down VRs throat
Belenus
Nee 229 druid
ApplesBe 225 ranger
GetBashedX 222 warrior
Rainyy 200 rogue

Nuada
Meja druid

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#15
Eragon123 wrote:To be fair, people have been asking for gold sinks for the past few years. I think this is a good way for people with boatloads of money to get something special, that most other players probably will never get.

Is it super overpriced, and has unimpressive stats? Absolutely. Does that make it bad? Not in my opinion. It will be something that people can strive towards...once they get a maxed tier 4, they still have something more to work for.

I think it's fine as is. I don't think it's supposed to be a super overpowered mount...maybe think of it more as a super exclusive mount charm that only the richest can get.

The reason it's stats aren't very impressive is to prevent it from being a pay to win item....if it had extremely good stats, then it would be something that every player would be aiming to get...whereas with how it currently is, with a very small buff, it's not super necessary. Otherwise, it would just turn into the next step of mount, where "if you don't have a spectral mount, you aren't at your max potential".

Basically, I think it is a great gold sinks, with decent tradeoffs. It's not overpowered enough to make people feel like they have to have one to be the best they can, but gives a small enough buff that it's not just a super cool mount charm.

Wow lol, just wow.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#16
Apples-Bele wrote:Cooking is a MASSIVE gold sink. This is NOT a gold sink, its a plat sink to make VR more money.
I agree it shouldnt be too overpowered stats/skills wise, better looks + speed + immortal with same stats as T6 would be great still imo. I do think bounty tokens (hunter boon & prize) should have a buffed drop rate though after this update. Seeing as token pets will no longer be top tier and the mount will take a ridiculously long time to get without shoving your credit card down VRs throat

You're right, perhaps a better description for it would be a time sink. Something that people can save up bounty tokens for, or collect mount tokens with the goal of getting.

I can totally see where everyone is coming from with the whole "immortal" thing....but that puts it over the "pay to win" bar IMO. From what I can tell, Spectral mounts are supposed to be a special thing that takes a lot of time to get, but does not impact the overall game by much...essentially insanely expensive mount fashion. If it were to respawn with the player, that would turn it into something where players feel like they have to get it. I don't think that's the point from VR's perspective. They want to add something that looks really awesome, and is very difficult to get, but doesn't have any noticeable impact on the game.

I think that is a smart thing to do. Will I ever get a spectral mount? Probably not. I don't spend enough time or money on the game to get it. However, because it's not an insanely overpowered item, I don't really care.


A lot of people seem to be viewing Spectral mounts as the next step up from a T4L6. I personally don't think that was the intent of VR. They wanted to add something in for people with maxed mounts to collect towards. Granted, I could be completely wrong, but I feel that if VR wanted it to be the next step up, it would be stronger.

Criminal wrote:Wow lol, just wow.

I know, right? I amaze myself sometimes.
Image
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#17
Cosmetics shouldnt cost 128 mount tokens and have added stats. That alone separates it from any cosmetic purpose.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#18
Eragon123 wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:Cooking is a MASSIVE gold sink. This is NOT a gold sink, its a plat sink to make VR more money.
I agree it shouldnt be too overpowered stats/skills wise, better looks + speed + immortal with same stats as T6 would be great still imo. I do think bounty tokens (hunter boon & prize) should have a buffed drop rate though after this update. Seeing as token pets will no longer be top tier and the mount will take a ridiculously long time to get without shoving your credit card down VRs throat

You're right, perhaps a better description for it would be a time sink. Something that people can save up bounty tokens for, or collect mount tokens with the goal of getting.

I can totally see where everyone is coming from with the whole "immortal" thing....but that puts it over the "pay to win" bar IMO. From what I can tell, Spectral mounts are supposed to be a special thing that takes a lot of time to get, but does not impact the overall game by much...essentially insanely expensive mount fashion. If it were to respawn with the player, that would turn it into something where players feel like they have to get it. I don't think that's the point from VR's perspective. They want to add something that looks really awesome, and is very difficult to get, but doesn't have any noticeable impact on the game.

I think that is a smart thing to do. Will I ever get a spectral mount? Probably not. I don't spend enough time or money on the game to get it. However, because it's not an insanely overpowered item, I don't really care.


A lot of people seem to be viewing Spectral mounts as the next step up from a T4L6. I personally don't think that was the intent of VR. They wanted to add something in for people with maxed mounts to collect towards. Granted, I could be completely wrong, but I feel that if VR wanted it to be the next step up, it would be stronger.

Criminal wrote:Wow lol, just wow.

I know, right? I amaze myself sometimes.
Image


You are completely wrong.

Also people already feel like they have to get them already.

Also 240 stat points, a bunch of evasions, a bunch of movement speed, and a skill don’t impact the game?

If there is a pay to win bar we are avoiding For mounts I think we already passed that a long time ago.
If the goal is to make mounts less pay to win then removing the whistle plat sink would be a huge step.
Whistles are pay to win because you can only get them by useing plat. I think mounts should work like pets and be a gold sink as opposed to a plat sink.
IOS player since 2011
Spartan214 Fire Mage of Rosmerta

For Every Idiot There are 5 more idiots

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#19
Eragon123 wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:Cooking is a MASSIVE gold sink. This is NOT a gold sink, its a plat sink to make VR more money.
I agree it shouldnt be too overpowered stats/skills wise, better looks + speed + immortal with same stats as T6 would be great still imo. I do think bounty tokens (hunter boon & prize) should have a buffed drop rate though after this update. Seeing as token pets will no longer be top tier and the mount will take a ridiculously long time to get without shoving your credit card down VRs throat

You're right, perhaps a better description for it would be a time sink. Something that people can save up bounty tokens for, or collect mount tokens with the goal of getting.

I can totally see where everyone is coming from with the whole "immortal" thing....but that puts it over the "pay to win" bar IMO. From what I can tell, Spectral mounts are supposed to be a special thing that takes a lot of time to get, but does not impact the overall game by much...essentially insanely expensive mount fashion. If it were to respawn with the player, that would turn it into something where players feel like they have to get it. I don't think that's the point from VR's perspective. They want to add something that looks really awesome, and is very difficult to get, but doesn't have any noticeable impact on the game.

I think that is a smart thing to do. Will I ever get a spectral mount? Probably not. I don't spend enough time or money on the game to get it. However, because it's not an insanely overpowered item, I don't really care.


A lot of people seem to be viewing Spectral mounts as the next step up from a T4L6. I personally don't think that was the intent of VR. They wanted to add something in for people with maxed mounts to collect towards. Granted, I could be completely wrong, but I feel that if VR wanted it to be the next step up, it would be stronger.

Criminal wrote:Wow lol, just wow.

I know, right? I amaze myself sometimes.
Image

Making it immortal is actually not p2w. Having a mount throughout the bossing is p2w. You HAVE to buy plat to use whistles whistles don’t even drop in chests :roll:
This is a play sink lol.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Re: Beta Spectral Mount

#20
Please dont put it to live
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron