Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Update: Unity 2018 Beta

Sneak peek of Celtic Heroes running on an iPhone XR. Thanks to one of the programmers for being a hand model :)
Looks Awesome! The only reason I haven’t upgraded to an iPhone XS Max is because Celtic Heroes isn’t formatted on it properly yet. Can’t wait for an update which also means new phone for me :lol:
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Sneak peek of Celtic Heroes running on an iPhone XR. Thanks to one of the programmers for being a hand model :)
one question ples. will the beta have any actuall new features or just visuals?

You should see a noticeable improvement in sharpness and overall visual quality, however this can also cause some graphical bugs which is one of the primary things we'll be asking you to look out for.
We'll be releasing more comprehensive patch notes on the beta forum which will detail some of the other additions(surprises?) that have been made as well as focused testing requests.
Based on what Difinitus said in the initial post, it sounds like the beta will have a few surprises...though there's no way of knowing whether they are necessary redesigns of existing content, or new items. I personally don't think there will be any new items. However, there may be some extra graphical options in the settings, maybe that counts as new features?

There won't be any big new content, like new mobs, gear, areas, bosses, etc. This is primarily a graphical update (and functionality for newer IOS devices).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Will fashion effects return to its glory? You know, particle trail, clearer sparkles, etc, etc.

The Unity 2018 is an update to the game’s engine. Its immediate effect will be better visual quality within the game.

It also gives us the opportunity to do more and add additional features in the future.

We’ll have more info about the beta and patches notes in the coming weeks.

Will the unity 2018 update fix ah loading? Has anyone else been experiencing slow loading speeds/freezing on XS max AH page switching? The game runs fantastic no matter the connection im on High speed Wifi, or Data it will freeze and take its time to load auction house pages.

Thanks!

This probably was answered in earlier pages but im lazy so i has question: What devices will this update cause to not work with Celtic Heroes? Cause i have an Iphone 8+ and im not too keen on getting a new one just for a game if its rendered unplayable. Or will any devices even be affected?
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

This probably was answered in earlier pages but im lazy so i has question: What devices will this update cause to not work with Celtic Heroes? Cause i have an Iphone 8+ and im not too keen on getting a new one just for a game if its rendered unplayable. Or will any devices even be affected?
You are most likely fine with your IPhone 8 Plus. I think the only devices it might mess up be the early devices because of the graphics.