Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Servers going down in just under 30 be ready

Next players will be asking for direct notifications to be sent to their phone that sounds an alarm in case they're sleeping and miss the in game announcements and the Facebook and Twitter announcements.
It's actually a good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you have clanmates on 24 hours a day to tell you when reset is. Not everyone has that luxury. So it's helpful for small to medium sized clans.
If VR can get app notifications working, then yeah....that’d be awesome. The notification can go out at the same time as the ingame notification. It wouldn’t wake anyone up, most likely, but it might help spread the word a bit faster.
I believe I suggested this a while back to Muldar and he said that the notifications that get sent out take a while to propogate to different regions, so it would give certain groups an advantage.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I believe I suggested this a while back to Muldar and he said that the notifications that get sent out take a while to propogate to different regions, so it would give certain groups an advantage.
No.
Apple push notification service sends notification as soon as whatever notification provider being used publishes new notification data. Every registered device will get the notification at the same time. There’s no rolling update queue or anything.
It’s very easy to add push notifications, and very easy to automate them to be sent out with a schedule.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

No.
Apple push notification service sends notification as soon as whatever notification provider being used publishes new notification data. Every registered device will get the notification at the same time. There’s no rolling update queue or anything.
It’s very easy to add push notifications, and very easy to automate them to be sent out with a schedule.
I mean I’ve personally experienced that 2 iPhones on the Wi-fi side by side don’t always get the same notification at the same time - usually fine on messages but not for push notifications.

Found an article about how certain Android Stock ROMs (Including Samsung) won’t allow push notifications when you close the app as it also kills background services too:
https://medium.freecodecamp.org/why-you ... a297520793

You might be right, but I’m guessing a lot of multi device users have experienced notifications being sent to one device and not another.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

No.
I mean I’ve personally experienced that 2 iPhones on the Wi-fi side by side don’t always get the same notification at the same time - usually fine on messages but not for push notifications.

Found an article about how certain Android Stock ROMs (Including Samsung) won’t allow push notifications when you close the app as it also kills background services too:

You might be right, but I’m guessing a lot of multi device users have experienced notifications being sent to one device and not another.
Ya Android sucks I don’t know how they work.

I’m talking about global app notifications. Something like a reset announcement will be sent out at the same time to every device, and delivery is within +-5 mins, just depending on how many devices have that app installed.
User specific notifications like you may get on Twitter have no guarantee of delivery time or order.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

No.

I’m talking about global app notifications. Something like a reset announcement will be sent out at the same time to every device, and delivery is within +-5 mins, just depending on how many devices have that app installed.
User specific notifications like you may get on Twitter have no guarantee of delivery time or order.
I'm not sure which devices have had issues but push notifications have worked fine on the sonys, Samsung, LG, and moto phones I've owned for the games I've played that do push notifications.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I'm not sure which devices have had issues but push notifications have worked fine on the sonys, Samsung, LG, and moto phones I've owned for the games I've played that do push notifications.
I have noticed a slight delay in app notifications via ios. I have 2 ipads that have some of the same apps on them, and have noticed about a 1-3 second delay between alerts. Obviously not enough to make a difference, and it's likely to just have been the internet connection.

I'm not really sure if there could be any issues springing from notifications that are slightly mistimed. Ideally, most of these announcements will have been made a day or so in advance, so even if there was a 15 minute delay in notifications across different countries, I don't think it will be a big issue....tbh, it's better than nothing, especially if 90% of devices get the notification around the same time.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It's actually a good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you have clanmates on 24 hours a day to tell you when reset is. Not everyone has that luxury. So it's helpful for small to medium sized clans.
If VR can get app notifications working, then yeah....that’d be awesome. The notification can go out at the same time as the ingame notification. It wouldn’t wake anyone up, most likely, but it might help spread the word a bit faster.
You are correct. I remember him or someone stating this.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.