Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Halloween...

Morning everyone

Not sure if I’ve just been blind and missed any Halloween related posts but will there be a Halloween update?
Crom Warrior 223 JasonZ
Crom Mage 220 Ronald Mcdonald
Crom Rogue 221 Big Mac
Crom Ranger 190 Large Fries
Crom Druid 220 Ziruu

Re: Halloween...

Morning everyone

Not sure if I’ve just been blind and missed any Halloween related posts but will there be a Halloween update?
As VR is currently focusing on upgrading the game engine to a newer version, the answer is most likely no.

Due to new Apple policies, Celtic Heroes is unable to submit any new builds to the App Store until the Unity version is updated with support for newest devices, therefore, VR literally can't add anything new to the game until the engine is upgraded. There has been no word on how far along this process is, and we probably won't get any information until it's ready for a beta test phase. I believe the Unity version that CH has been running is Unity 2014, and they are upgrading to Unity 2018, which is a pretty big jump, so there's a lot to do.

We might see a small weekend mini-event in the next few weeks, (I personally am hoping for a 1.5x exp weekend) but that's pretty much all VR can do at the moment. Even if the engine was ready to go in the next week or two, there still probably wouldn't be anything special for Halloween, since the developers (hopefully :? ) haven't had any time to develop anything new.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Ah thanks for clearing that up!!

One last thing, got my hopes up for double plat on Black Friday!! Think it will happen?
Crom Warrior 223 JasonZ
Crom Mage 220 Ronald Mcdonald
Crom Rogue 221 Big Mac
Crom Ranger 190 Large Fries
Crom Druid 220 Ziruu

I was also led to believe according to muldar that weather can be changed without a client update
Level 226 Rogue Sneakalistia, Proud General of Concordiia, Donn
Level 230 Ranger Arrolistia Doch Gul ranger
Level 222 Druid Healalistia
Level 222 Warrior Killalistia
Level 221 Mage Arcanalistia

Ah thanks for clearing that up!!

One last thing, got my hopes up for double plat on Black Friday!! Think it will happen?
I'd assume so. It doesn't require a client update, so the only reason it wouldn't happen is if VR decides not to, which I doubt they will do.
I was also led to believe according to muldar that weather can be changed without a client update
I have no idea about that. I would assume that it would need an update...it's changing a graphical part of the game. But I could very well be wrong. It would be really cool if we could get nighttime back in Lirs for a few weeks.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Just to add, yah CH is in Unity 2014 and we need it to be Unity 2018, amazingly though Unity 2017 was somewhere already in the works and there wasnt too much of a difference between 2017 and 2018 so it is a lesser hunk of work to get done.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn