Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Next Boss

If the boss had infinite health but the raid drops were determined by amount of dps a player dealt, wouldnt be good. So top 10 players out of 60 participants would get drops is a way id see it, but of course this is assuming the raid has no strategy and its a dps game. But if it has strategy like gele or bt, well you will always have that group of people in your clan (every clan has it) where they just want the gear and will afk the boss for a chance at drop or just only dps boss and dont plan on doing strategy.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

If the boss had infinite health but the raid drops were determined by amount of dps a player dealt, wouldnt be good. So top 10 players out of 60 participants would get drops is a way id see it, but of course this is assuming the raid has no strategy and its a dps game. But if it has strategy like gele or bt, well you will always have that group of people in your clan (every clan has it) where they just want the gear and will afk the boss for a chance at drop or just only dps boss and dont plan on doing strategy.
There could be a mechanic so that only the clan can enter that area and it's just a room with crom.
I.e. clan gauntlet: going from Minor loot to Godly and drops rates vary depending on damage output(if they're gonna call and make it helms op then there's gotta be something that takes it on).
I got where you're going with the whole relying only on dps alone but that could easily be modified with small skills casted by the boss, to put into example the faction lich boss, enter a ring to prevent wiping, little tricks to keep players off at times.
And to top it off rather than personal dps output=reward since I stated it could be a clan thing, total clan dps output=reward so if someone is slacking then rating could go down.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I didn't really get the feeling of a boss with infinite HP from Difinitus' comment. I thought he was thinking more along the lines of percentage of boss killed. For example, there are 4 groups hitting the boss:
Group 1 does 40% of the damage to the boss, gets 2 drops.
Group B does 32% of the damage to the boss, gets 2 drops.
Group Charlie does 17% of the damage, gets 1 drops.
Group IV does 11% of the damage, gets 1 drop.

That way the mega boss could drop maybe 4-6 items, 1 for each 20% (rounded) damage done.

I'm not sure how other servers dealt with Bloodthorn between multiple clans, Sulis rolled between clans for the drops, based on however many people from each clan were at the fight.
This option would likely lead to different clans each making their own top dps group to try and get the most items...but still working together. The benefit of this method is that (in this case only) the lock battle would be insignificant...just because group Alpha locked the boss, doesn't necessarily mean they will get the most drops.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Just adding my own idea to the mix:

Crom World Boss where it isn't locked to one party but grants rewards based on participation/damage? That would mean that more people could participate and force clans to work together!
Personally this is a great idea i think and it's my kind of style as I don't really like being in end game clans but I enjoy end game content. This might suit servers like epona where it's more of a ffa vibe but the majority of servers are competitive and thrive on that treating it more like the real days of the celtics where it was clan against clan and that whole violent mentality, plus the game has taken a heavily competitive nature now.
I for sure would like to see less numbers needed for these bosses, 40+ well geared characters is too much. Maybe having it on a platform where is calculates the numbers there and then sets the toughness (health and damage) based on how many people are there. If that's even possible. Or I really like sweefish idea, it's kinda the same but less technical I guess lol

Think there was a previous discussion on people wanting to fight Crom, although there was a very good point that someone made that Crom was never supposed to be challenged and gives some reasoning on how other RPG games do have that ultimate boss that can’t end be defeated.

Crom World Boss where it isn't locked to one party but grants rewards based on participation/damage? That would mean that more people could participate and force clans to work together!
Sounds like Pokémon Go :lol:

I hate this idea tbh. I joined a clan mainly to play with people I like. I don’t want to help another group of people get gear especially if they are nasty towards me in any way. I don’t see why a clan that isn’t apart of all the planning and coordination just come up and essentially steal drops from the clan who has worked hard.

What I think it should be is maybe a whole RAID group. Not just 8 people in 1 group. Take AOE heals like Natures breath. That should effect the whole clan within that distance. Not just the group. I HATE to bring up a trivial MMO like WoW but they have it right when it comes to 30+ people in a raid. They have 2+ groups that are able to make a bigger group called a raid. I know this has been mentioned probably multiple times over the years. And everyone apart of that Raid gets a slice of that gold. Not just 8 people when it takes 35-45 people to kill a Boss like Bloodthorn.

FORCING clans to work together is going to make the community hate you. Take Morrigan Server for example. 2 clans working together isn’t really a thing. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not. After years of having 1 clan Monopolize the server and being nasty and hateful to every other clan makes other clans hate them and NEVER want to work with a clan with that name or certain characters. Pretty sure one of the advertisers for making a clan on a loading screen used to be like “Get a group of your friends together to make a clan to take on stronger bosses!” Keyword FRIENDS.

I’d LOVE for it to happen, but it’s just not plausible. World Peace would make a more fun gameplay. Having Friendly Competition is fun too.

You’d also have to merge some servers. There’s multiple servers who can’t even kill Gelebron very often let alone a boss like Bloodthorn or an even stronger boss due to the lack of endgame players and there next highest clan has players that are still in other world trying to kill Aggy.

This whole idea has good intentions of making clans work together, but just sounds Too good to be true in a sense. :lol:
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Forcing clans to work together has led to more problems than solutions usually. When clans natively work together and seek alliances they are usually a lot more productive and a lot less infighting, but in almost every case I can think of where a certain boss has forced clans to work together, it always leads to infighting and each clan looking for a way to ditch the agreement.

Instead of making bosses harder to make loot more evenly spread, it would be cooler, I think, to make loot more common but more useful for other horizontal aspects so that way clans don't need to hog the gear, but rather go after it purely to pursue other interests.
The game seemed to start out with the idea of being multiclanned, where any clan could succeed, but othetime it seems to have stemmed the opposite, in favor of one clan rule. On my server we have lock fights all the way up through gelebron, but even then, it heavily functions like a one clan server due to BT.

In my view of an optimum experience bosses give gear for harder horizontal pursuits rather than for just climbing the vertical ladder over and over again. I recognize that this is just my view however and not one widely shared.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

The only thing that I hope for new boss is that it won’t require more than 30 people to kill. But probably it’s just my dream :D
Sulis
Vis: Rogue 224
Clan: Toxic

Lugh
Neero: Warrior lvl 231
Enea: Mage lvl 220

Sounds like Pokémon Go :lol:

I hate this idea tbh. I joined a clan mainly to play with people I like. I don’t want to help another group of people get gear especially if they are nasty towards me in any way. I don’t see why a clan that isn’t apart of all the planning and coordination just come up and essentially steal drops from the clan who has worked hard.

What I think it should be is maybe a whole RAID group. Not just 8 people in 1 group. Take AOE heals like Natures breath. That should effect the whole clan within that distance. Not just the group. I HATE to bring up a trivial MMO like WoW but they have it right when it comes to 30+ people in a raid. They have 2+ groups that are able to make a bigger group called a raid. I know this has been mentioned probably multiple times over the years. And everyone apart of that Raid gets a slice of that gold. Not just 8 people when it takes 35-45 people to kill a Boss like Bloodthorn.

FORCING clans to work together is going to make the community hate you. Take Morrigan Server for example. 2 clans working together isn’t really a thing. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not. After years of having 1 clan Monopolize the server and being nasty and hateful to every other clan makes other clans hate them and NEVER want to work with a clan with that name or certain characters. Pretty sure one of the advertisers for making a clan on a loading screen used to be like “Get a group of your friends together to make a clan to take on stronger bosses!” Keyword FRIENDS.

I’d LOVE for it to happen, but it’s just not plausible. World Peace would make a more fun gameplay. Having Friendly Competition is fun too.

You’d also have to merge some servers. There’s multiple servers who can’t even kill Gelebron very often let alone a boss like Bloodthorn or an even stronger boss due to the lack of endgame players and there next highest clan has players that are still in other world trying to kill Aggy.

This whole idea has good intentions of making clans work together, but just sounds Too good to be true in a sense. :lol:
Raid group is just a really good idea on not only how to make raids feel like raids here but also how to make druids even more utilizied as with the insane amount of healing BT gear provides and insane amount of defence+armour+elemental resists+stats BT gear provides for tanks alongside pets that heal u, druids are becoming less and less needed in their support role, and this might be the rise of druids maining dps role.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex