Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Farewell September But Hello October 2018

I think expansion of mmorpgs specifically new CH zones is very important to retaining active players and growing the player base. I would hope new zones would stem from corrupt gardens, arcane sanctum, or the sewers. I do believe a new zone should be developed for end game players which would add incentive for new players to grind more this stimulating the in game economy while satisfying the most hardcore fraction of the CH community. Simply put, crank up the difficultly in new zone 220 plus and up only can enter, and rake them across the coals with little or no mercy adding things like xp penalties for dying, a couple brutal end game bosses that will end in viral rage vents after wipes on YouTube, and mobs that can’t be taken down without tremendous resources or effort.

I greatly approve and agree with incorporating mob drops that would include rare armor sets and weapons especially in a zone like the one I just mentioned. Expansions keep mmorpg games feeling fresh and progressive for me at least.
By hard I hope you mean well developed wipe mechanics that revolve around strategy and active players rather than just having a crap ton of players to hack and slash at a boss with insane damage output and massive aoe damage to massacre DPS.
Unless they implement instances or max person limits (which at this stage of the game can seriously hurt it) there will always be the "we have 70 people this raid so it dies in 10 minutes" factor, but adding certain wipe mechanics boss by boss and ramping them up slowly in difficulty through that would be a healthy change imo. If they jump into it head first and put a bunch of wipe mechanics everywhere in a game that before reaver never had them before it would cause a lot of backlash
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

Seasonal events took a LOT of time away from expanding game content, I'm glad we now have the Auction House (one of the most desired features for years), new maps, Corrupted Gardens, Gelebron, new artwork... permanent editions that greatly enhance the overall quality of the game. Minor details like the Halloween skybox would be fun, but let VR focus on their upgrades.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Seasonal events took a LOT of time away from expanding game content, I'm glad we now have the Auction House (one of the most desired features for years), new maps, Corrupted Gardens, Gelebron, new artwork... permanent editions that greatly enhance the overall quality of the game. Minor details like the Halloween skybox would be fun, but let VR focus on their upgrades.
I disagree.

I disagree.
Disagree about what? That seasonal events took a lot of time away from permanent content? That the auction house was a desired feature? That these other listed additions have greatly enhanced the quality of the game? That minor details would be fun? That VR should focus on the upgrades?

:?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I disagree.
Disagree about what? That seasonal events took a lot of time away from permanent content? That the auction house was a desired feature? That these other listed additions have greatly enhanced the quality of the game? That minor details would be fun? That VR should focus on the upgrades?

'Permanent' content didnt come any quicker than it did when seasonal content was coming out.

And im sure youre going to say otherwise. Lol.

I disagree.

'Permanent' content didnt come any quicker than it did when seasonal content was coming out.

You know me so well :lol:

Honestly it's hard to tell whether permanent content is coming out faster than before, since the type of permanent content is different every time, and each update requires different amounts of effort to plan, design, develop, and test.

I took a quick look at some of the latest updates for CH, I'll only list updates with big permanent releases...new mounts/pets/fashion/map updates don't count)
Corrupted Gardens - May 8, 2018. (permanent content)
Winter Update - December 18, 2017 (seasonal content with s)
Food of the Gods - November 7, 2017. (permanent content - cooking and higher level fishing)
Cross Platform - July 17, 2017 (permanent content - cross platform play)
6th Birthday - June 15, 2017 (seasonal content)
Under the Hammer - March 27, 2017 (permanent content - auction house, barbershop, xp curve adjustment, main questline expansion)
Lancers of Lir - December 21, 2016 (permanent content, battle mount system, fishing expansion)
Tides of Fate - October 25, 2016 (permanent content, fishing release, legacy bosses, new Critical abilities)
5th Anniversary - May 18. 2016 (temporary events)

I'm not sure exactly when seasonal events stopped officially...it looks to me like around the beginning of 2017, but I wasn't able to find a more exact time (or the last event with event lux and a big boss).

*edit - Ostara 2016 with Smolach the 210 dragon and the other subsequent lower level versions was the last seasonal event (that had jewelry and special event bosses) - Thanks to Bob for pointing it out*

Overall, just looking back at this, there have been a lot more updates than I actually realized....I could have gone even farther back, but ran out of free time. Sometime I'll put together a proper Celtic Heroes timeline.

I like the more recent seasonal events more than the old ones. The seasonal bosses were decent, admittedly, but the gear was always too op or too weak. Event lux was a big mistake. I much prefer having seasonal bounties, quests, recipes, etc.
Last edited by Eragon123 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You know me so well :lol:

Honestly it's hard to tell whether permanent content is coming out faster than before, since the type of permanent content is different every time, and each update requires different amounts of effort to plan, design, develop, and test.

I took a quick look at some of the latest updates for CH, I'll only list updates with big permanent releases...new mounts/pets/fashion/map updates don't count)
Corrupted Gardens - May 8, 2018. (permanent content)
Winter Update - December 18, 2017 (seasonal content with s)
Food of the Gods - November 7, 2017. (permanent content - cooking and higher level fishing)
Cross Platform - July 17, 2017 (permanent content - cross platform play)
6th Birthday - June 15, 2017 (seasonal content)
Under the Hammer - March 27, 2017 (permanent content - auction house, barbershop, xp curve adjustment, main questline expansion)
Lancers of Lir - December 21, 2016 (permanent content, battle mount system, fishing expansion)
Tides of Fate - October 25, 2016 (permanent content, fishing release, legacy bosses, new Critical abilities)
5th Anniversary - May 18. 2016 (temporary events)

I'm not sure exactly when seasonal events stopped officially...it looks to me like around the beginning of 2017, but I wasn't able to find a more exact time (or the last event with event lux and a big boss).

Overall, just looking back at this, there have been a lot more updates than I actually realized....I could have gone even farther back, but ran out of free time. Sometime I'll put together a proper Celtic Heroes timeline.

I like the more recent seasonal events more than the old ones. The seasonal bosses were decent, admittedly, but the gear was always too op or too weak. Event lux was a big mistake. I much prefer having seasonal bounties, quests, recipes, etc.
Last seasonal event was Ostra 2016 with Smolach the 210 dragon and the other subsequent lower level versions.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Last seasonal event was Ostra 2016 with Smolach the 210 dragon and the other subsequent lower level versions.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but didn't dig through all the posts to be sure. In that case, I stopped my timeline at the perfect time.

Ironically, I stopped my timeline because I was starting to run out of news posts with permanent content...lol