Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: schwing or difinitus

hey, i had an idea to do if y'all were down. maybe we could plan an interview? like a skype call? discord call? i could record it and post it here or youtube! would be an awesome thing to do. i could gather a list of questions?
It seems like a great idea at a basic level, though game devs tend to not like being in the spotlight...The main issue is this list of questions, I doubt that they could give good answers to the majority of the questions you are thinking of.
This is a super basic lesson when it comes to development of any sort. Don't overpromise. As soon as VR says something, the majority of the playerbase will take it as concrete evidence that the thing is gonna happen.
People are constantly asking for details on the Unity update...once VR makes any comment on it, it gets criticized by everyone, and taken as set in stone. The reality with development is that everything is constantly shifting. It's very hard to get even a semi-accurate number on an update...even if they could, the first 50% of an update might be take 4 months, but the last 50% might take 8, or vice versa. Things are constantly shifting, especially if you aren't innately familiar with what you are working with.

For example, Schwing posted this at the beginning of the month:
Yes as Tadaaah mentioned we're hoping to have some promising news towards the end of this month, we're also working on a new feature alongside the update that we think is pretty cool and will open up a lot of possibilities for the future. Don't want to get into specifics until it's fully tested and we're sure it'll make it into the unity update release.
As he said here, they won't/can't go into any details on anything unless they are absolutely sure they can deliver on it. Otherwise, people tend to throw their words back at them and complain when things are released differently, or at a later date than they were first announced.

I'm not sure if you are suggesting this just to try to get answers for your questions by putting them on the spot, or if you just want to do like a fun little dev Q & A. Either way, I don't think it's going to happen, especially if the devs don't have control over where the interview goes.

You'd be more likely to get answers here on the forums. Trust me, VR will make announcements once they are sure they can deliver.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: schwing or difinitus

nah you got wrong picture :) i think it would just be amazing to see there thoughts and passion for the game and how they see the game can progress and what they hope for the future, a friendly interview not a interrogation
In that case, I think it would be a great idea! However, like I said, game devs tend to be allergic to the spotlight. Maybe one day though. I for one would watch something like that :)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!