Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: is this game dead?

#3
They literally can't lol. They need to finish updating the Unity version first. Even if they didn't have that semi-large obstacle in the way, they would still have to come up with something, design it, build it, and test it in a month (assuming they haven't planned one out yet). It's possible that it could be done, but it would be a pretty bad event lol.

That being said, Difinitus did hint at an upcoming xp event, so it sounds like they do have a few things planned, within the limits of what they can do with the game at the moment.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: is this game dead?

#4
You have to remember VR got dumped in a really bad position,

A new expansion which needed a lot of changes and had its creation had little input from the community unlike what was wanted

Also unity was left 4 years behind and I think apples guidlines state it needs to support the new IOS which I also think Only unity 2018 does so they literally can’t add new content until they revamp the ditched engine

Re: is this game dead?

#5
Thefreeze wrote:You have to remember VR got dumped in a really bad position,

A new expansion which needed a lot of changes and had its creation had little input from the community unlike what was wanted

Also unity was left 4 years behind and I think apples guidlines state it needs to support the new IOS which I also think Only unity 2018 does so they literally can’t add new content until they revamp the ditched engine

Apple guidelines also require the release of chest drop rates and that isnt here. So the whole they cant add anything cuz of guidelines is bs argument lol.

We have been down this road before with celtic heroes. Constantly waiting last minute to update engine and leaves players contentless for months+years.

Re: is this game dead?

#6
Wolfenstien wrote:
Thefreeze wrote:You have to remember VR got dumped in a really bad position,

A new expansion which needed a lot of changes and had its creation had little input from the community unlike what was wanted

Also unity was left 4 years behind and I think apples guidlines state it needs to support the new IOS which I also think Only unity 2018 does so they literally can’t add new content until they revamp the ditched engine

Apple guidelines also require the release of chest drop rates and that isnt here. So the whole they cant add anything cuz of guidelines is bs argument lol.

We have been down this road before with celtic heroes. Constantly waiting last minute to update engine and leaves players contentless for months+years.


:roll:
There's a bit of a difference here (in practice, not theory). The Apple guidelines require the release of lootbox drop rates, sure. But the game can still go on without that.

However, Apple will not let the app be updated without running the newer version of Unity. VR can get away with holding off on the lootbox drop rates, but they literally can't change the app until they get the engine up to date. And, since players tend to want to play new things, it's gonna have to be done sooner than later.

As for the last engine update, that was a completely different ballgame lol. That was switching from a homebuilt game engine to another existing game engine, with many more features. This is simply updating the current engine to the new version. Also, players are usually contentless for a few months anyways, that's just how game development works. 'Tis slow.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: is this game dead?

#7
Eragon123 wrote:
Wolfenstien wrote:
Thefreeze wrote:You have to remember VR got dumped in a really bad position,

A new expansion which needed a lot of changes and had its creation had little input from the community unlike what was wanted

Also unity was left 4 years behind and I think apples guidlines state it needs to support the new IOS which I also think Only unity 2018 does so they literally can’t add new content until they revamp the ditched engine

Apple guidelines also require the release of chest drop rates and that isnt here. So the whole they cant add anything cuz of guidelines is bs argument lol.

We have been down this road before with celtic heroes. Constantly waiting last minute to update engine and leaves players contentless for months+years.


:roll:
There's a bit of a difference here (in practice, not theory). The Apple guidelines require the release of lootbox drop rates, sure. But the game can still go on without that.

However, Apple will not let the app be updated without running the newer version of Unity. VR can get away with holding off on the lootbox drop rates, but they literally can't change the app until they get the engine up to date. And, since players tend to want to play new things, it's gonna have to be done sooner than later.

As for the last engine update, that was a completely different ballgame lol. That was switching from a homebuilt game engine to another existing game engine, with many more features. This is simply updating the current engine to the new version. Also, players are usually contentless for a few months anyways, that's just how game development works. 'Tis slow.


Ir its that simple to just change engines to new one then it shouldnt take as long as other one. Which it is.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bosman and 34 guests