Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: BT kill number 30 on Gwydion

Lol, probably in the next week or two. We're trying to decide which one to run.
Snorri 6* weekend
and unox 6*
Gimme my edl bow :)
+1 i needa make up some of the ludicrus amounts of gold i over spent getting my gear ;-;
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Wish events were more than just more of the same...
fast bosses are a nice bonus... but these events end up tiring the player base more than energizing it, especially on servers with limited to no competition.

I’d rather see an event where drops are upgraded for a month or even a week... make it only shadow+ and royal+ for gear, and make BT drop a guaranteed helm :D
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

fast bosses are a nice bonus... but these events end up tiring the player base more than energizing it, especially on servers with limited to no competition.

I’d rather see an event where drops are upgraded for a month or even a week... make it only shadow+ and royal+ for gear, and make BT drop a guaranteed helm :D
I disagree on the first point. Epona has absolutely no competition and these events are very nice for us. Due to our free market economy, we have the option to sell anything we win allowing some Eponians to make a nice bit of gold from an event if they score a rare drop. This in turn allows the drops and gold to keep flowing and stimulates our economy as well as allow lower levels the chance to win big.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

I disagree on the first point. Epona has absolutely no competition and these events are very nice for us. Due to our free market economy, we have the option to sell anything we win allowing some Eponians to make a nice bit of gold from an event if they score a rare drop. This in turn allows the drops and gold to keep flowing and stimulates our economy as well as allow lower levels the chance to win big.
That’s economic competition, but it’s still competition.
Bob The God

in so much that a bidding war can be comparable to an actual war
220 Druid SupremeDruid

in so much that a bidding war can be comparable to an actual war
Competition for drops is very similar on epona to any other world functionally, and as a result there is a strong incentive to show up to bosses.
In a clan DKP/rolling offers some incentive, but due to higher supply than demand for the vast majority of drops, currency inflates heavily to the point where it has little to no meaning. For example, on arawn when I still played I had double the dkp of the second highest dkp total fire mage, yet it was meaningless as the drops worthy of spending any DKP only dropped maybe once every 2 years and all other drops were common enough that they went for min price from bank. Competition between clans limits how many of the lower tier drops stack up in banks and as a result creates a need to log in and thus stimulates activity.
Epona’s economy and structure functions similarly as due to the high number of players with access to gear, as in able to acquire, there is high demand and lower supply, thus stimulating activity. If there were multiple worlds structured like Epona the player base would be more spread out to the point where supply was higher than demand and thus each would die off until only one survived, but since Epona is the only true open world it thrives.

Thus, since Epona is economically competitive, it acts as competition and thus stimulates statistically identical to how interclan competition functions on other worlds, and thus without said competition, Epona too would struggle.

All of this loops back to central game design in function, all of the game is rooted in competition over drops instead of game play.
Bob The God