Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Games graphics

Art resources are probably the most limited right now, so not sure how feasible this is. We'll definitely discuss it internally. I agree; I like the updated graphics.
Art resources are the most limited right now..what do u mean by that exactly? Are u saying we might not even get a new area for a long time?

If anything does change about the graphics I'd like to see shalemont updated at the least, that map looks very old compared to the rest of the game and by the sounds of people on this topic I'd guess they agree

new areas with higher lvl220 + maps would be nice, but changing the graph and colors of the game leaving more real, would be something nice in the short term, like more real water effect, colors and shines closer to the real, and who knows when equipping rings , bracelets, etc could be seen on top of fashion, and not need to click on the character to know what has equipped.
Darley/ DGMage / lvl228/ Server Lir

Darley Channel YouTube

new areas with higher lvl220 + maps would be nice, but changing the graph and colors of the game leaving more real, would be something nice in the short term, like more real water effect, colors and shines closer to the real, and who knows when equipping rings , bracelets, etc could be seen on top of fashion, and not need to click on the character to know what has equipped.
Omg love that, showing the rings braces and ammys, but I think that's something that could look really wrong or look amazing depending how it's done. Its like a bit of extra fashion and customisation

Also keep in mind that redesigning an existing area and creating a new area are veeeeeerry different beasts.

Redesigning an area is primarily an Art challenge, they need to redesign the character models, terrain textures, skybox, (insert other technical terms here), etc. Occasionally there might be some Development changes as well, like when Stonevale was redesigned and had a new map layout (or maybe that's Art stuff as well).

Designing a new area includes the Art design, level planning, new mobs, new mob skills, new mob drops, a lot of thought put into how it fits into current areas, why players would want to go there, while still visiting the other relevant area (since all level ranges already have an existing area). For example, people are drawn to the gardens for the faction aspect, and Bloodthorn...but otherwise have no reason to go there. It's not great for leveling, or farming, so people tend to stick with the tower because it's easier.
There is a very good chance that another new area would have a similar issue, unless VR puts a LOT of effort into planning out how the new area would fit with the existing world.

Of course, all of the above is assuming that the new area is for some range under 220. Celtic Heroes MUST NOT go above 220 for many many reasons that I won't go into right now.

When asking for a new area, just figure that any new area would either turn out much like the Gardens have (with not much use aside from endgame players) or else the opposite, where it's so much better that no one spends any time in its equivalent area.

The only way it might work out is if VR can tweak things enough so that both the new area and the existing area are feasible options for players. For example, if the new area is targeted at players between 150-180, then VR would need to plan the mobs and quests to be equal to Carrowmore. That way, players in that level range can pick whether to level/farm in either the new area, or carrow, and not be "punished" in either option. I can understand some differences of course, maybe the new area is mostly 3-4* mobs that would require a team of 2-4 people to level on, but also drop enough xp and gold that it's slightly better than Carrow. That way, players would be able to choose between solo leveling for slightly less xp and gold, or group leveling for a slight bit more (honestly this is what the trolls should do/already do in carrow).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

As said in the development update, VR is upgrading everything to Unity 5 -- that alone will be a significant graphics update!
Think it was mentioned in the Developers’ Diary that the upgrade of Unity would mostly be affecting the things behind the scenes, rather than changing the graphics or something very noticeable. Although they do say FPS might be better, some visual effects fixed, and also loading might be faster, overall the upgrade will benefit the developers more and help them develop the game better.

Art resources are probably the most limited right now, so not sure how feasible this is. We'll definitely discuss it internally. I agree; I like the updated graphics.
Art resources are the most limited right now..what do u mean by that exactly? Are u saying we might not even get a new area for a long time?

If anything does change about the graphics I'd like to see shalemont updated at the least, that map looks very old compared to the rest of the game and by the sounds of people on this topic I'd guess they agree
They fired much of the art design team in Glasgow. That's what that means.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta