Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Banned from Celtic heroes (scam email)

I just got this email titled above, without the brackets. Saying my accounts been shared and to reply within 48 hours or the account will be banned, asking for all the usual stuff with the addition of my password. So looks like theirs a very poorly worded scam email going about.
Questions, do people fall for emails like this? And, how on earth do they know I play Celtic heroes?

If it was a well known world wide game I get how they would randomly use emails and try to get lucky, but its not, it's a small game that not even everyone knows about probably.

Re: Banned from Celtic heroes (scam email)

Someone may have found your email via social media or external chat apps. If someone gets your real name, they can find out a shocking amount of info about you.

The main thing to keep in mind is to check who sent the email. If it doesn't come from @onethumbmobile.com, it's very likely a scam. If you still aren't sure about it, PM Tadaah here on the forums and ask her to confirm.

Also, the most obvious flag is asking for the password. If anyone asks you for a password for any reason, it's most likely a scam.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Banned from Celtic heroes (scam email)

That’s definitely not from us, it’ll be an attempt to phish your username and password (the latter we will NEVER ask for).

More often than not these things have a simple explanation, something like:

- Your email has been seen in passing on a third party app or forum, maybe in your profile or something.
- It’s someone you know in game (guess what strangers on the internet aren’t always trustworthy)
- It’s been entered yourself on one of these “free plat/items” style scam websites that exist just to harvest foolish people’s account info

Best advice is to always use a different password on each app/forum and never share it with anyone. If you do get these mails don’t even open them especially not attachments in them.

Edit: can you forward the email to support@onethumbmobile.com assuming you’ve already opened it.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.