Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: hero transfer

Currently it’s not possible.
Currently no, but in the future ? Any inkling or clue as to likelihood of this being possible ?
Cmon chuck us a little hope here .....
Theyre just a moderator with no actual development ties to the game so they cant give you any hope.
And Itll probably not happen considering all the con variables to it
Hope, it's a stranger to me.

Con variables? I can't think of even one, really I can't. Everything i can think of only livens it up, revives long retired toons, stimulates gameplay, ramps up competition, just injects huge life into the game instead. All pro arguments.

Would be interested in what others would consider reasons not to do this ?
Inactive and non playing 218 druid.

Currently no, but in the future ? Any inkling or clue as to likelihood of this being possible ?
Cmon chuck us a little hope here .....
Theyre just a moderator with no actual development ties to the game so they cant give you any hope.
And Itll probably not happen considering all the con variables to it
Hope, it's a stranger to me.

Con variables? I can't think of even one, really I can't. Everything i can think of only livens it up, revives long retired toons, stimulates gameplay, ramps up competition, just injects huge life into the game instead. All pro arguments.

Would be interested in what others would consider reasons not to do this ?

Economy
Name conflicts
Scammers
Dead servers since everyone wants to join 1 massive one to kill things easier
List goes on. Look through other topics on this and youll see.

Economy
Too Vague IMO, could be benefits to economies.
Name conflicts
Could be easily resolved in many ways, whether with a (*WORLDNAME*) suffix or just allowing name changes as many games do.
Scammers
Scamming is currently an issue, not sure why server changes would make a difference? Especially since people wouldn't want to potentially invest platinum to move servers.
If anything it would be the opposite since people would move away from the massive servers (with Dom clans) for smaller servers where they have a better chance at the loot, people inherently want to compete in their nature rather than having a smaller piece of the easy pie. - Source: Every war since the dawn of human civilisation.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Economy
Too Vague IMO, could be benefits to economies.
Name conflicts
Could be easily resolved in many ways, whether with a (*WORLDNAME*) suffix or just allowing name changes as many games do.
Scammers
Scamming is currently an issue, not sure why server changes would make a difference? Especially since people wouldn't want to potentially invest platinum to move servers.
If anything it would be the opposite since people would move away from the massive servers (with Dom clans) for smaller servers where they have a better chance at the loot, people inherently want to compete in their nature rather than having a smaller piece of the easy pie. - Source: Every war since the dawn of human civilisation.
Agree with Robert entirely here, not seeing any con here, only the pros. Imagine how suddenly dynamic each world could become ? Compare with places that have stagnated into one huge clan vs tiny numbers where the few have little opportunity without succumbing to joining the masses. The masses in turn are having to create their own gameplay and in clan economy for things to do while they wait for the next boss that would provide a tiny number of drops between several hundred waiting players.

I genuinely think hero transfer (but it would only have to be possible no more than monthly) would light up the game with no extra content needed.

+1000 transferring servers would be excellent, I think a load of people who have retired toons because they lost out to a dom clan would still be around if this was possible. The rest of it people will work out, it's super common in other MMOs so the arguments don't really have any grounding.
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

I’ll disagree with hero transferring for several reasons:

It would definitely hurt the smaller servers to the point of extinction, since instead of helping revive a dying server, someone can just go to a more popular server and just take all the stuff that they got(Gold, Lixes, Items) and completely leave their old server bare. Even in a server xfer, the gold and items typically stay in that one server.

Scammers could theoretically just take entire clan banks and then completely leave the server and distribute them across different ones. It’s still a hard task to locate items even on one server, and it would sound virtually impossible to find items scattered through every server.

It would definitely ruin the prices for collectors of rare and old items, like fash. Some servers might only have one set of this certain fash, and it could theoretically be worth x amount, and with sever transfers, and those same fashion flooding the market, that value is probably x amount/2. One could argue that aeon items did the same, but generally people will still pay more for a non aeon item.

While there are definitely huge pros like seeing friends on different servers and such, I would think the devleopers intended the game to be this way especially since it has been out for about 7 years.

It would definitely hurt the smaller servers to the point of extinction, since instead of helping revive a dying server, someone can just go to a more popular server and just take all the stuff that they got(Gold, Lixes, Items) and completely leave their old server bare. Even in a server xfer, the gold and items typically stay in that one server.

Scammers could theoretically just take entire clan banks and then completely leave the server and distribute them across different ones. It’s still a hard task to locate items even on one server, and it would sound virtually impossible to find items scattered through every server.

It would definitely ruin the prices for collectors of rare and old items, like fash. Some servers might only have one set of this certain fash, and it could theoretically be worth x amount, and with sever transfers, and those same fashion flooding the market, that value is probably x amount/2. One could argue that aeon items did the same, but generally people will still pay more for a non aeon item.

While there are definitely huge pros like seeing friends on different servers and such, I would think the devleopers intended the game to be this way especially since it has been out for about 7 years.
I'm not convinced there, smaller servers to extinction. One world near empty is another mobile group of players opportunity. A bare server is a deam come true for bored big clan breakaway group and also small group without chance to progress.

Scammers will scam whatever the conditions. If a clan bank gets stolen i dont see the difference. Once it's gone it's not coming back whether it's in the hands of the toon next to you or on another server.

Rare and old stuff stays constant the same on 10 servers as it does 1, when one rare item goes from one place it doesnt get any less rare, the total number remains as it was. I don't see this as a con either. Nothing gets created as a result, just moved.

I still see pro and no convincing con.

I'm not convinced there, smaller servers to extinction. One world near empty is another mobile group of players opportunity. A bare server is a deam come true for bored big clan breakaway group and also small group without chance to progress.

Scammers will scam whatever the conditions. If a clan bank gets stolen i dont see the difference. Once it's gone it's not coming back whether it's in the hands of the toon next to you or on another server.

Rare and old stuff stays constant the same on 10 servers as it does 1, when one rare item goes from one place it doesnt get any less rare, the total number remains as it was. I don't see this as a con either. Nothing gets created as a result, just moved.

A new player that is just starting off would most likely prefer a populated server than a less populated. Rather than staying on the smaller server and contributing to the player base and helping that small server become not-so-small, they would probably just leave for another.

There’s actually a perfect example of how a clan bank was stolen, and the scammer distributed it to random people in order to prevent Support from recovering them. However, Support was able to recover most of the items for their clan. If this was distributed across all servers, Supprot would’ve unlikely recovered as many as they did.

The amount of that one item may not change across all servers, but the distribution of those items would definitely change. Collecting fashion and unique items are some people’s favorite part of the game, and it would take away from that uniqueness if suddenly an influx of that same item was being sold everywhere.

A new player that is just starting off would most likely prefer a populated server than a less populated. Rather than staying on the smaller server and contributing to the player base and helping that small server become not-so-small, they would probably just leave for another.

There’s actually a perfect example of how a clan bank was stolen, and the scammer distributed it to random people in order to prevent Support from recovering them. However, Support was able to recover most of the items for their clan. If this was distributed across all servers, Supprot would’ve unlikely recovered as many as they did.

The amount of that one item may not change across all servers, but the distribution of those items would definitely change. Collecting fashion and unique items are some people’s favorite part of the game, and it would take away from that uniqueness if suddenly an influx of that same item was being sold everywhere.
A new player now has an actual choice what path to take which he or she didn't before, that's the whole benefit here, again that's a pro in my mind.

Clan banks being stolen, well ok that sucks but i don't see how making this an issue that relies on Support to remedy, or effectiveness of Supports remedy is a reason to prevent movement of the 95% that aren't stealing clan banks. After all if you collect a large enough nest egg in one place then it's no wonder that someone would attempt to steal it, i see no reason why i would be trapped in your server so you would sleep better at night rather than admin your pot of goodies more securely.

Ok I'll accept that having the only white spidersilk top on your server would be better than if another 10 appeared from elsewhere. But on the other hand imagine having a clan wearing every single white spidersilk top in the sum total of all servers, period. Hmm :)

I'm still seeing only new dynamics and interest here .....

As I'm seeing it, it's purely pve on all servers, pvp is absent entirely. The only thing close to pvp is one groups pve power vs another, so it boils down to player numbers in the end. Once the pve battle starts to favour the biggest clan it's going to be a case of all players taking the route of least resistance and joining up or starting anew elsewhere. And if you dont like those that run the dominant clan or their own admin system there's no other option. After seeing half my friends sell up and vanish, followed by the rest joining the main clan and effectively vanishing due to their new "thou shalt nkt help non clan people" rules, I see only benefit from server movement.

+1000 transferring servers would be excellent, I think a load of people who have retired toons because they lost out to a dom clan would still be around if this was possible. The rest of it people will work out, it's super common in other MMOs so the arguments don't really have any grounding.
+2000 more, i look at my friends list and know that 20 of those lvl 215+ toons won't ever be active again :'(