Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: hero transfer

Dominant clan killing servers. merge Servers pls
Maybe you should join them :) and share the fight n fun instead of complaining on them playing the game correctly?
Ty mr scar i totally agree with you, quit complaining..... if your too scared to fight join one of them peaceful servers... dont tel us how to play the game there is a reason why there is a lock mechanic and different clans
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

Another deleted comment. Back to the third party apps.
Don’t act like you’re surprised, you know full well you can’t go around throwing around unsubstantiated claims of that nature about another player...or anyone for that matter.
And yet i didnt name any names or any specific servers.

And no i wasnt talking about mrscar either. He is a good guy.
Last edited by Wolfenstien on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure but hero transfer option may create dead servers. There are only a few servers people wish to play on nowadays.
But merging 2-3 less populated servers into a one would be good a good idea.
The problem with server merges is that it is a MASSIVE change. The entire server dynamic will get messed up, as each server's dominant clan suddenly has massive competition. Smaller clans on each server get pushed even farther down, since now they have to fight against at least one more clan, possibly more. Item prices may also fluctuate briefly, but that's not really as big of a deal.

The only way this should be considered is if VR finds a way to poll each server in game. The best situation would be for them to display a notification on log in, with good, condensed information about the merge, and a yes/no vote. Links to the forum for more info would be even better. They should leave that poll up for at least a month, because some people log in less frequently, or may be taking a short break from the game. Just because they only log in occasionally doesn't mean they shouldn't get a say in the future of their entire game experience.
Then on top of that, when the poll is concluded, the only way this should go through is if there is a 90% (roughly) yes vote. This is something that will majorly affect everyone on the server, and if there is a large portion of the players that don't want it, it shouldn't be forced on them.

Granted, the newly merged server would calm down eventually, maybe 6-12 months after the merge some of the clans will have sorted out their own merges or treaties. But I think it would still end up causing major drama and troubles for everyone involved for a long time afterwards.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Agree entirely that server merger is too much of the wrong change. And to my mind it only exacerbates the issue that this thread was about in the first place. The inhabitants of the new server would now be in one that's doubled (if it's that many) but they cannot get out. I can't even comprehend the horror of 2 megaclans fighting it out for even less room, it would suck the resource out of a world even faster than 1 dominant clan would.

Hero transfer creating dead servers ? Not a chance, a near empty server is the biggest pot of gold that exists, the transferees would be watching this intently. (And I'll wage a sneaky side bet that some players in megaclans would too. Those less active players that get as little from their big clan as those in smaller clans).

The more i read the less it sounds con and the better idea it appears. Not heard one actuallyconvincing con yet.

4 hunters favours for 1 "server key" (non tradeable, you have to earn it). Doors open on the first day of each month. Think of the action that day would produce, and the crowd assembling by the chained door that's suddenly appeared in the castle. All the bluffs and double bluffs, yes we're taking 50 to server xxx etc and 100 coming back.

If a megaclan were so inclined they could quite conceivably head for a server containing their competition for that reason alone. Then even the clans that have less gameplay that involves others, or are bored would now have a new angle.
Inactive and non playing 218 druid.

I'd just like to see where players can log their toons into any server seeing as how many have friends that play on other servers. If nothing was going on in one server, they could go help in another. I'd be fine with binding gear to servers to avoid players from acquiring gear for the purposes of selling.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I'd just like to see where players can log their toons into any server seeing as how many have friends that play on other servers. If nothing was going on in one server, they could go help in another. I'd be fine with binding gear to servers to avoid players from acquiring gear for the purposes of selling.
Personally the binding of gear to a server would be a little suffocating, could you move servers with a bare toon and be any use at all ? If gear was acquired to pass to those on another server where gear was sparce then fine. If gear was acquired to sell for gold, then also fine. I'd think any outcome where gear was available where it wasn't before would be a good outcome. Those trapped in places dominated by one clan with a no sell policy could acquire gear via the gold they can farm instead. From another server. Free movement would create so much more opportunity, for those active and resourceful enough to make the most of it.
Inactive and non playing 218 druid.

If any of u played runescape, ud remember what I'm referring to. They had that type of model where when u logged in, u enter a server with mainly options similar to Avatar/server selection menu in CH. But it also had features like ur friends list to see which server they are in and chat feature. From there you get to choose any server (they called them Worlds) to play in. The servers had a player cap limit (1000 in the case of runescape since it had a larger player base). To help with the times of the day where there is increased inactivity, each server had a title (in the case of CH, examples would be 'Killing BT' or 'Running Meteoric Bosses' or 'Trade Server' or 'clan wars/pvp' or 'chilling in front of AH) to group people with similar interests, all the while servers are identical so u can keep switching until u find a server with a free fishing spot for instance.

Personally the binding of gear to a server would be a little suffocating, could you move servers with a bare toon and be any use at all ? If gear was acquired to pass to those on another server where gear was sparce then fine. If gear was acquired to sell for gold, then also fine. I'd think any outcome where gear was available where it wasn't before would be a good outcome. Those trapped in places dominated by one clan with a no sell policy could acquire gear via the gold they can farm instead. From another server. Free movement would create so much more opportunity, for those active and resourceful enough to make the most of it.
Example - if I hop on belenus and obtain a brace, the brace would stay with me and bound to my toon except on belenus. Then I jump on Epona and end up with a helm, the helm would be bound to my toon except on Epona. So whatever gear you acquire, you'd always have. But you couldn't sell gear acquired on one server on another server.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue