Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Contest Prizing!

As a huge fashion fan and collector, even I would say no to white and black lanrik being a prize. As much as I would sell a kidney for white lanrik I can only imagine how angry I would be if I had it (and paid many many millions for it) only for it to be given away as a competition prize.

Dragon eggs, gold, lixes, rare jewellery like reapers, rare but not unique mounts like 85-95% unicorns, chests, or old chests would be preferable. Or white effect sets of less covetable/rare fashion like token fashion would still draw interest in my opinion.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Lanrik.

Most full white and black sets are retired.

Adding one set for a contest winner won’t change anything. They will either keep it, or the highest bids will be millions and millions of gold and it will get sold off to another person who will then retire the set from the open market.

I think it’s creating a lot of “furrowed brows” and “strong concerns” for no reason. A new Lanrik set of the top three colors for each server would be a competition that would get huge participation.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

As a huge fashion fan and collector, even I would say no to white and black lanrik being a prize. As much as I would sell a kidney for white lanrik I can only imagine how angry I would be if I had it (and paid many many millions for it) only for it to be given away as a competition prize.

Dragon eggs, gold, lixes, rare jewellery like reapers, rare but not unique mounts like 85-95% unicorns, chests, or old chests would be preferable. Or white effect sets of less covetable/rare fashion like token fashion would still draw interest in my opinion.
Only people buying white/black lanrik sets are the ones who have more gold than they know what to do with and can easily get back to whatever amount they spent, and that’s only if any ever get thrown into the market which is very unlikely. Getting fash from a competition is more valuable and rewarding then spending a few million of inflated gold.

Competition prizes should be purely cosmetic as they always have been (again, besides the Phoenix mount). And who tf wants token fash? Lol
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I do want to point out that A can be beneficial in some way. Even though it might diminish the value for the white pieces, those sets are more likely than not to be sold for real money. So if VR doesn't want that type of trading, then making more of those sets would negate any real world trading.

I also LOVE the idea of adding the reaper ring onto B or other valuable luxury items instead of just chests.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

I like the idea of B but with actual items like Dragon eggs. I opened thousands of chests and got none so far. People don't need more idols and resto pots. Give them an actually useful item.
As a collector I dislike A. But like the idea of old fashion in new colour (when client updates are possible again).
Name Lvl Clan
1insane1 221 TheIlluminati General
1Maniac1 220
Brainless 190
Strudel 220
FireMcFire 217
Unelanunhi 227
Pocahontas 200

Only people buying white/black lanrik sets are the ones who have more gold than they know what to do with and can easily get back to whatever amount they spent, and that’s only if any ever get thrown into the market which is very unlikely. Getting fash from a competition is more valuable and rewarding then spending a few million of inflated gold.

Competition prizes should be purely cosmetic as they always have been (again, besides the Phoenix mount). And who tf wants token fash? Lol
I can and would pay many millions for it and it would still make me angry, I can make the gold back yes but it’s hardly the point. Full White lanrik is so rare as to be likely unique on most servers. If you were that person owning it, why would you want the specialness of it halved by some nab running round In it? If they did choose to do it it should have the ‘competition winner’ branding on the description. Or something to distinguish it from the original anyway

And ooooo idk, suggesting anyone who entered the competitions to win enchanted teal/mauve faewynd or shaman might be interested perhaps? Or are we just forgetting those contests .. lol. Because the sets aren’t unique colors yes they should be in a package with other prizes too, but people would still want them.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

I can and would pay many millions for it and it would still make me angry, I can make the gold back yes but it’s hardly the point. Full White lanrik is so rare as to be likely unique on most servers. If you were that person owning it, why would you want the specialness of it halved by some nab running round In it? If they did choose to do it it should have the ‘competition winner’ branding on the description. Or something to distinguish it from the original anyway

And ooooo idk, suggesting anyone who entered the competitions to win enchanted teal/mauve faewynd or shaman might be interested perhaps? Or are we just forgetting those contests .. lol. Because the sets aren’t unique colors yes they should be in a package with other prizes too, but people would still want them.
Another set wouldn't half the value of a fashion set, specially if there were only 2-3 on the server. I guess it doesn't bother me since the fashion I buy is because I like it and not what value it has or will hold.

And I know quite a number of people would buy aeon as if looks identical but much cheaper so the original sets are already devalued as it is because of aeon.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I don’t think you know how the high end economy works lol. If there was one set of white lanrik on your world, and another was added in it would definitely not halve the value. The price wouldn’t change at all if anything. I once got an Aeon 100% stormskimmer and there was only one other skimmer on Belenus and she’s inactive but still logs every now and then. When I was trying to sell it people didn’t care about the other stormskimmer because A. She would never sell it and B. They most likely will never come across the opportunity to buy one in a very long time. I was getting 5m offers in gold and items lol

Even if there was 2, 3 or 5 sets... the value wouldn’t change at all. Same could be said about black lanrik which in my opinion is just as rare as white. Same thing with hunter or frostguard, there’s already so many sets on each world (not including android or Nuada) that adding in one more won’t be noticeable at all.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge