Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: More than a game

Why are people so narrow minded? Games play different roles for different people. For some it's a escape from reality and to others it's just a time filler when they are bored. You can say it's just a game because for others it isn't, maybe to your personal self it's seen as only a game but to another it may not. Don't neglect the impact that this game has on your life just so you can claim that you don't have an "addiction". If the game has ever impacted your normal day schedule or caused you to schedule around an event happening in game then there is a good chance that it's means more to you than just being pixels on a screen.
An opposing argument could be that it IS just a game and if you do the above mentioned then maybe it is time to reevaluate some things and/or consider changing your reality.
I understand that it would be difficult to do as a minor, however we all have some power over our lives even at a young stage. getting to a point where you prioritize pixels over real-life is a mentally dangerous (and often lonely) path to go down. I don't think gaming for mere entertainment is a bad thing, however if you let gaming fulfill you emotionally and socially and begin to shut out the real world, I think that would generally be considered a problem by most standards. You will miss out on the best things life has to offer.

Just my opinions (NOT a psychology major)
220 Druid SupremeDruid

Why are people so narrow minded? Games play different roles for different people. For some it's a escape from reality and to others it's just a time filler when they are bored. You can say it's just a game because for others it isn't, maybe to your personal self it's seen as only a game but to another it may not. Don't neglect the impact that this game has on your life just so you can claim that you don't have an "addiction". If the game has ever impacted your normal day schedule or caused you to schedule around an event happening in game then there is a good chance that it's means more to you than just being pixels on a screen.
An opposing argument could be that it IS just a game and if you do the above mentioned then maybe it is time to reevaluate some things and/or consider changing your reality.
I understand that it would be difficult to do as a minor, however we all have some power over our lives even at a young stage. getting to a point where you prioritize pixels over real-life is a mentally dangerous (and often lonely) path to go down. I don't think gaming for mere entertainment is a bad thing, however if you let gaming fulfill you emotionally and socially and begin to shut out the real world, I think that would generally be considered a problem by most standards. You will miss out on the best things life has to offer.

Yeah. Game was becoming too controlling of my life and money so I decided to uninstall the game recently. Hopefully it can stay that way.
Lir
Tanker Baby - 213 Warrior (Guardian of The High Five)
Stubbz - 136 Druid
Sneaky Baby - 107 Rogue
Sniper Baby - ?? Ranger

Morrigan
Sneaky Baby - 50 Rogue

Epona
Tanker Baby - ?? Warrior

Yeah. Game was becoming too controlling of my life and money so I decided to uninstall the game recently. Hopefully it can stay that way.
The game doesn’t take control of your life, clans and the people who run clans do. The game itself is fairly casual
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It's a game with slow updates, no balance changes and a limited resource concept.
I'm glad I quit ch and I still have close friends that I made in the game that I talk to and will meet irl when I visit nearby one day.

Fortnite has weekly balance updates with new guns and when bo4 comes out I'll be on that grind again.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

It's a game with slow updates, no balance changes and a limited resource concept.
I'm glad I quit ch and I still have close friends that I made in the game that I talk to and will meet irl when I visit nearby one day.

Fortnite has weekly balance updates with new guns and when bo4 comes out I'll be on that grind again.
Not to mention unfathomable PvP... you can’t have a good MMORPG without good PvP and CH is looooooong overdue for an update on it. Last major PvP update was way back in 2012 with the addition of the arena (group PvP) and the last PvP change we actually got was years ago (don’t remember exact date) when they removed the ability to use items in the arena.

Forget everything else and get the PvP right, it’ll make this game 20x better
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I strongly despise when people say that prioritizing games over real life is bad for your health. Yeah if you aren't sleeping, eating, using the restroom, or keeping up personal hygiene then it's a problem. Choosing to stay in and play a video game rather than going out to watch a movie with friends doesnt seem like something that is mentally dangerous. Video games are a hobby and I'm sure many people prioritize hobbies over social encounters. I have met many people through video games that I very much enjoy talking to. Hell, most of my rl friends and me sit down on weekends to play video games for hours and chat. Coming from a person who is introverted 90% of the time I would rather sit down and play a video game rather than go out and talk to people at some hangout. People form attachments to their hobbies and to call them an addiction is a bit ridiculous unless they are literally keeping you from taking care of your personal self health.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

If a game is just a game...then explain the riots and fights revolving around soccer
Arawn 222 Rogue & 222 Druid
Gwydion Druid 220 Warrior 198 )
Taranis Ranger 221
Nuada Ranger 221 Druid 221
Belinus Ranger 136 Druid 136
Rose Ranger lvl 229, Druid 221, Mage 221

If a game is just a game...then explain the riots and fights revolving around soccer
THANK YOU FOR SAYING SOCCER. THAT IS THE CORRECT TERM. We have lots of clannies that aren’t American in our clan and we often bring up soccer vs football,_, FOOTBALL IS AN AMERICAN SPORT TY
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

The game doesn’t take control of your life, clans and the people who run clans do. The game itself is fairly casual
Eh, I phrased that wrong, but I allowed myself to become consumed by the game and give in and continuously spend money on it. I was bored with the game for months but my only drive was my clan, but I decided to just call it quits, recognizing the issue at hand.
Lir
Tanker Baby - 213 Warrior (Guardian of The High Five)
Stubbz - 136 Druid
Sneaky Baby - 107 Rogue
Sniper Baby - ?? Ranger

Morrigan
Sneaky Baby - 50 Rogue

Epona
Tanker Baby - ?? Warrior