Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

Sgt slotter wrote:Still waiting on taadah to answer the original question. It's a little disturbing in this day and age when a question such as that goes unanswered. Now I'm afraid to type in public chats because some pc psycho may misconstrue my words

Gotta love the internet, right? Of course, it isn't just the internet, it happens in RL too, but I'm not going to go there.

The way I see it, the only reason you would need to worry about what you say is if you say things you probably shouldn't. Of course this is tough because people have different views on words...for example, person A may not have any issue with the word b***h, they call their friends it and are just messing around, but to other people, it's a word that isn't said unless you want to hurt someone's feelings...then you have the problem where it might get taken out of context, someone else may not know your personality, etc, and then things go downhill.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just think about how others will view your words.

Sgt slotter wrote:For instance person a and person b are great friends and clown each other in chat. Person c hates person a and happens to catch the end of a and b's conversation jumps at the chance to ss person a calling person b a hoe. A and b are fine because they're friends and understand the all important context of the convo but person a is now banned because person c even understanding said context still saw an opportunity to make person a's life hell. Or do we just walk on eggshells so to speak? True offenses deserve a ban but there needs to be common sense involved. Free speech is still a thing

To jump on this topic, you don't need to walk on eggshells necessarily..but at the same time, consider if it's really necessary to say stuff like that. It rounds back to what I said above, it's fine to be yourself on the internet, but realize that things get taken out of context all the time.

*IMPORTANT note that when I say you, I don't necessarily mean you, sign slotter. It's more directed at anyone reading this post.*
Formerly known as Guthix123

Eragon123, level 220 ranger
Zamorak1, level 220 mage
Zaros1, level 195+ rogue
SirPrysing, level 195+ warrior
SirRenitee, level 195+ druid
SoldiersofJah - Sulis

Check out the CH Database! http://celticheroesdb.com

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the convo. I don't work weekends and I'm packing up to move out of my condo. Generally, when someone reports, I make a note of who is reporting. We pull both characters logs and compare them. PS You can both get silenced/banned depending on what is found. I've definitely had a player try to report someone for some colorful language. I went in and saw the person reporting instigated it with even worse colorful wording. What I usually look for is a. targeted behavior or b. generally negative patterns. I curse worse than a sailor, cussing isn't necessarily going to get you banned/silenced. It's how you're using the words and if you're directing them at someone. If it's excessive, you'll probably get a message saying, "Hey, could you tone it down in public channels?" There's a difference between saying "This F'ing sucks" and "You F'ing suck". Catch my drift? Usually, I can see in whispers if they kind of banter is typical between two people. Protip. Don't talk your ex after you break up. Like I know I've gone batsh** on an ex before, but they will report you if you do it through our game. Which becomes a really strange report... BC I can see y'all sexting, when you break up, and then the convos afterward.

If harassment pours over into third-party channels, it is taken into consideration. You don't get to circulate real-life information about another person from our game. It's dangerous. There have already been people on the wrong end of pranks that end up dead. This behavior isn't acceptable at all. You wouldn't stand up at a baseball game and yell to some random person across the way, "Hey, you make my d limp. It's never going to work again!" Why do you think that's acceptable to do in a virtual space?

TL:DR: Just be decent human beings and you have nothing to worry about.

Tadaaah wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit late to the convo. I don't work weekends and I'm packing up to move out of my condo. Generally, when someone reports, I make a note of who is reporting. We pull both characters logs and compare them. PS You can both get silenced/banned depending on what is found. I've definitely had a player try to report someone for some colorful language. I went in and saw the person reporting instigated it with even worse colorful wording. What I usually look for is a. targeted behavior or b. generally negative patterns. I curse worse than a sailor, cussing isn't necessarily going to get you banned/silenced. It's how you're using the words and if you're directing them at someone. If it's excessive, you'll probably get a message saying, "Hey, could you tone it down in public channels?" There's a difference between saying "This F'ing sucks" and "You F'ing suck". Catch my drift? Usually, I can see in whispers if they kind of banter is typical between two people. Protip. Don't talk your ex after you break up. Like I know I've gone batsh** on an ex before, but they will report you if you do it through our game. Which becomes a really strange report... BC I can see y'all sexting, when you break up, and then the convos afterward.

If harassment pours over into third-party channels, it is taken into consideration. You don't get to circulate real-life information about another person from our game. It's dangerous. There have already been people on the wrong end of pranks that end up dead. This behavior isn't acceptable at all. You wouldn't stand up at a baseball game and yell to some random person across the way, "Hey, you make my d limp. It's never going to work again!" Why do you think that's acceptable to do in a virtual space?

TL:DR: Just be decent human beings and you have nothing to worry about.

That context was exactly what had me thinking. Tyvm for the clarity