Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#131
Wolfenstien wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:
Tadaaah wrote:
I'm down for going 6 months back. I don't put up with that bull honky. Yes, please BLOCK THE USER. But also, grab me a screenshot or at least a date, so I can then also ban them. Harassment and hate speech get bans, not silences. It tends to be a topic a lil' too close to my genitalia to put up with.


I'm all for respecting others but am curious to know how you intend to prevent possible weaponization of other peoples speech. For instance person a and person b are great friends and clown each other in chat. Person c hates person a and happens to catch the end of a and b's conversation jumps at the chance to ss person a calling person b a hoe. A and b are fine because they're friends and understand the all important context of the convo but person a is now banned because person c even understanding said context still saw an opportunity to make person a's life hell. Or do we just walk on eggshells so to speak? True offenses deserve a ban but there needs to be common sense involved. Free speech is still a thing

Had this happen to me before.

Harassment, and sexual harassment happens often in game, it really is something that should be properly addressed and not just a week mute of the toon. But it would probably cause more harm than good if the people managing the punishments don’t use common sense or look and understand the context.
Belenus
ApplesBe - ranger
Nee - druid
Rainyy - rogue

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#132
Apples-Bele wrote:
Wolfenstien wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:
I'm all for respecting others but am curious to know how you intend to prevent possible weaponization of other peoples speech. For instance person a and person b are great friends and clown each other in chat. Person c hates person a and happens to catch the end of a and b's conversation jumps at the chance to ss person a calling person b a hoe. A and b are fine because they're friends and understand the all important context of the convo but person a is now banned because person c even understanding said context still saw an opportunity to make person a's life hell. Or do we just walk on eggshells so to speak? True offenses deserve a ban but there needs to be common sense involved. Free speech is still a thing

Had this happen to me before.

Harassment, and sexual harassment happens often in game, it really is something that should be properly addressed and not just a week mute of the toon. But it would probably cause more harm than good if the people managing the punishments don’t use common sense or look and understand the context.


Which otm lacked
Best DPS Druid Of Nuada until BT Goes Down.
*Half Retired till Real Content is Released*

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#133
Shadae wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:
Tadaaah wrote:
I'm down for going 6 months back. I don't put up with that bull honky. Yes, please BLOCK THE USER. But also, grab me a screenshot or at least a date, so I can then also ban them. Harassment and hate speech get bans, not silences. It tends to be a topic a lil' too close to my genitalia to put up with.


I'm all for respecting others but am curious to know how you intend to prevent possible weaponization of other peoples speech. For instance person a and person b are great friends and clown each other in chat. Person c hates person a and happens to catch the end of a and b's conversation jumps at the chance to ss person a calling person b a hoe. A and b are fine because they're friends and understand the all important context of the convo but person a is now banned because person c even understanding said context still saw an opportunity to make person a's life hell. Or do we just walk on eggshells so to speak? True offenses deserve a ban but there needs to be common sense involved. Free speech is still a thing



Just a friendly ...reminder of the EULA. Your entire chat history is theirs to browse at will. For someone to say they got banned over the back end of a conversation between two or more people with the one that reported it being a person just out for spite...is well to be ...Frank...a flat out lie.

We need people willing to stand up and clean this toxicity up. I barley had my public channels on for maybe..an hour..the first boss I went to in EDL I was harassed in a public channel in a deaming and sexually inappropriate way. Your free speech...doesn’t give you the right to assault me.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't.

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#134
Sgt slotter wrote:
Shadae wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:
I'm all for respecting others but am curious to know how you intend to prevent possible weaponization of other peoples speech. For instance person a and person b are great friends and clown each other in chat. Person c hates person a and happens to catch the end of a and b's conversation jumps at the chance to ss person a calling person b a hoe. A and b are fine because they're friends and understand the all important context of the convo but person a is now banned because person c even understanding said context still saw an opportunity to make person a's life hell. Or do we just walk on eggshells so to speak? True offenses deserve a ban but there needs to be common sense involved. Free speech is still a thing



Just a friendly ...reminder of the EULA. Your entire chat history is theirs to browse at will. For someone to say they got banned over the back end of a conversation between two or more people with the one that reported it being a person just out for spite...is well to be ...Frank...a flat out lie.

We need people willing to stand up and clean this toxicity up. I barley had my public channels on for maybe..an hour..the first boss I went to in EDL I was harassed in a public channel in a deaming and sexually inappropriate way. Your free speech...doesn’t give you the right to assault me.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't.


That was late night for me. I want to clarify that when I said, “you” I was making a broad generalization...not pointing at you.

As for application of common sense....I agree and I think if context can not be ascertained...then I would always err on the side of common sense. You don’t want to be misunderstood and possibly banned...keep private chats for bantering and public channels clean. A healthy fear of banning over unsocial and amoral behavior is a good thing. The fact that we have to have this conversation in 2018 is ridiculous. Women have a right to be somewhere...even in virtual reality without being assaulted with disgusting vile attacks. I would also include in this rude and disruptive behavior. Harassment Is a disgusting choice made by immature and often times underdeveloped....hrmm social skills.

I don’t expect OTM to parent these people ..I do hope that they clean it up enough that women can feel free to banter and enjoy the game without being made to feel unsafe, uncomfortable or forced into a situation that they keep secret out of fear of shaming and shunning. In all reality that just goes for all people.

Now that we derailed the thread. My apologies for my part. I just wanted to make sure SGT didn’t feel I was targeting him/her ...though by the response I don’t think the person did.
Dual spec
Increase buff timers and change to group buffs
/anon /afk commands
Revamp the skill system
Group leader / group commands
Add more premium items
Please.

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#135
Shadae wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:
Shadae wrote:

Just a friendly ...reminder of the EULA. Your entire chat history is theirs to browse at will. For someone to say they got banned over the back end of a conversation between two or more people with the one that reported it being a person just out for spite...is well to be ...Frank...a flat out lie.

We need people willing to stand up and clean this toxicity up. I barley had my public channels on for maybe..an hour..the first boss I went to in EDL I was harassed in a public channel in a deaming and sexually inappropriate way. Your free speech...doesn’t give you the right to assault me.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't.


That was late night for me. I want to clarify that when I said, “you” I was making a broad generalization...not pointing at you.

As for application of common sense....I agree and I think if context can not be ascertained...then I would always err on the side of common sense. You don’t want to be misunderstood and possibly banned...keep private chats for bantering and public channels clean. A healthy fear of banning over unsocial and amoral behavior is a good thing. The fact that we have to have this conversation in 2018 is ridiculous. Women have a right to be somewhere...even in virtual reality without being assaulted with disgusting vile attacks. I would also include in this rude and disruptive behavior. Harassment Is a disgusting choice made by immature and often times underdeveloped....hrmm social skills.

I don’t expect OTM to parent these people ..I do hope that they clean it up enough that women can feel free to banter and enjoy the game without being made to feel unsafe, uncomfortable or forced into a situation that they keep secret out of fear of shaming and shunning. In all reality that just goes for all people.

Now that we derailed the thread. My apologies for my part. I just wanted to make sure SGT didn’t feel I was targeting him/her ...though by the response I don’t think the person did.


I understood :) I doubt I'll ever have this problem but with the rabid mindset of some people today, I felt the question had to be asked.

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#136
Shadae wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:
Shadae wrote:

Just a friendly ...reminder of the EULA. Your entire chat history is theirs to browse at will. For someone to say they got banned over the back end of a conversation between two or more people with the one that reported it being a person just out for spite...is well to be ...Frank...a flat out lie.

We need people willing to stand up and clean this toxicity up. I barley had my public channels on for maybe..an hour..the first boss I went to in EDL I was harassed in a public channel in a deaming and sexually inappropriate way. Your free speech...doesn’t give you the right to assault me.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't.


That was late night for me. I want to clarify that when I said, “you” I was making a broad generalization...not pointing at you.

As for application of common sense....I agree and I think if context can not be ascertained...then I would always err on the side of common sense. You don’t want to be misunderstood and possibly banned...keep private chats for bantering and public channels clean. A healthy fear of banning over unsocial and amoral behavior is a good thing. The fact that we have to have this conversation in 2018 is ridiculous. Women have a right to be somewhere...even in virtual reality without being assaulted with disgusting vile attacks. I would also include in this rude and disruptive behavior. Harassment Is a disgusting choice made by immature and often times underdeveloped....hrmm social skills.

I don’t expect OTM to parent these people ..I do hope that they clean it up enough that women can feel free to banter and enjoy the game without being made to feel unsafe, uncomfortable or forced into a situation that they keep secret out of fear of shaming and shunning. In all reality that just goes for all people.

Now that we derailed the thread. My apologies for my part. I just wanted to make sure SGT didn’t feel I was targeting him/her ...though by the response I don’t think the person did.

Chars are meant for chatting and it isn't a healthy fear of banning if it's undeserved I understand your point and I agree with some of it but this shouldn't be about men and women that's dumb if we want equality why is it fair for women to insult our height weight looks and our genital size but if we say something about how they look it's world war III I'm not trying to justify harassment because I can't stand it but 2 things need to occur 1 if you are going to ban someone for it look through all the context because they may not have started it... ive been banned for saying the b to someone who threatened to come to my house and kill every person in my family while they made me watch then they were going to r*** my mom and sister and kill us like come on I call them a b**** for that and they don't get banned but I do like wow... 2 this should be said for everyone who is harassed not just when a female gets called a name or something
Image

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#137
Tadaaah wrote:Hey Heroes!

We know you’ve all been asking for updates on what’s coming next with all the changes and hustle and bustle around the Birthday Events.

As many of you know, the game moved to the Unity game engine years ago. Currently, we are developed on Unity 4 which is about 3 iterations of Unity behind the current version. We’ll be taking on the task of updating to Unity 2018. This is a large technical task that will take several months to complete. In order for the game to maintain function and development of new features to continue, it is a task that must be completed.

What This Means:
While the game engine is being updated, we won’t be able to push any major new features into the game. The good news is that the team here was already working on updating to Unity 2017 prior to the recent restructuring. There are some small changes from 2017 to 2018, but we aren’t starting from scratch on this task. That will speed up the process.

The Benefits:
It’s going to be a slow couple of months while this being updated, but once this is updated, there will be a number of benefits. A lot of benefits are on the backend and won’t be noticeable to the naked-eye, but will allow us to better develop the game in the future. As many of you have reported, there have been some visual effects that are totally bugged out and particle effects aren’t working properly. This should be fixed with the upgrade to Unity 2018. There will performance improvements that may be noticeable to the naked-eye such as loading times and FPS. More importantly, this update has to happen in order for us to continue development on the game and support future devices (aka iPhone X support).

The Game Plan:
Before we dive completely into this task, we plan on releasing a quality-of-life update to the game. This will include a new pet (chest), fashion (both chest and vendor, hopefully), mount (let me check on this one. There was something interesting about one of these items.) and a number of items to make your life easier. Below are number improvements we’re investigating. We can’t promise you how many or which one specifically are going to make it into this update, but we’re going to try to fit in as many as possible in a short amount of time. We want to get this update out and complete this task as soon as possible. The faster we update Unity; the faster we get back to developing new content and fixing larger issues for you!

    ● Bulk Mailing: Take all/Delete all mail
    ● Removing penalties for 220+ level
    ● Change to armor quests, so you don’t have to write in a ticket for that pesky item you dropped 4 years ago
    ● Highlighting the last selected item
    ● Adding playtime to UI (somewhere)

These are just a few ideas/examples. We’ll still be able to run events such as the XP events, so we’ll be hosting events both while updating and after. :) I'm posting this later in the day as more people are coming into the forums, so if we don't answer right away, it's just because we've gone home for the day. We'll try and answer as many questions as possible in the morning.

When u say something interesting about the mounts do u mean chicken mount,_, Also last time (otm) said they would do a similar update that would help them add more things to the game/make adding certain things easier it completely crashed/ruined the game for quite some time. I’m just going to hope this isn’t the same,_,
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp - herne - lazydrunks - 222+ ranger

Image


._.

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#138
Elfylolz wrote:
Shadae wrote:
Sgt slotter wrote:You're absolutely right, it doesn't.


That was late night for me. I want to clarify that when I said, “you” I was making a broad generalization...not pointing at you.

As for application of common sense....I agree and I think if context can not be ascertained...then I would always err on the side of common sense. You don’t want to be misunderstood and possibly banned...keep private chats for bantering and public channels clean. A healthy fear of banning over unsocial and amoral behavior is a good thing. The fact that we have to have this conversation in 2018 is ridiculous. Women have a right to be somewhere...even in virtual reality without being assaulted with disgusting vile attacks. I would also include in this rude and disruptive behavior. Harassment Is a disgusting choice made by immature and often times underdeveloped....hrmm social skills.

I don’t expect OTM to parent these people ..I do hope that they clean it up enough that women can feel free to banter and enjoy the game without being made to feel unsafe, uncomfortable or forced into a situation that they keep secret out of fear of shaming and shunning. In all reality that just goes for all people.

Now that we derailed the thread. My apologies for my part. I just wanted to make sure SGT didn’t feel I was targeting him/her ...though by the response I don’t think the person did.

Chars are meant for chatting and it isn't a healthy fear of banning if it's undeserved I understand your point and I agree with some of it but this shouldn't be about men and women that's dumb if we want equality why is it fair for women to insult our height weight looks and our genital size but if we say something about how they look it's world war III I'm not trying to justify harassment because I can't stand it but 2 things need to occur 1 if you are going to ban someone for it look through all the context because they may not have started it... ive been banned for saying the b to someone who threatened to come to my house and kill every person in my family while they made me watch then they were going to r*** my mom and sister and kill us like come on I call them a b**** for that and they don't get banned but I do like wow... 2 this should be said for everyone who is harassed not just when a female gets called a name or something


Rt~
Dual spec
Increase buff timers and change to group buffs
/anon /afk commands
Revamp the skill system
Group leader / group commands
Add more premium items
Please.

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

#140
Bitey wrote:I think we can all agree that harassment will not be tolerated no matter who is doing it. If you are harassed in game, open a support ticket through the in game tool, or send an email to support@onethumbmobile.com

Please get this thread back on topic, and if you feel the need to discuss harassment further, I would suggest opening a new thread about it.


Still waiting on taadah to answer the original question. It's a little disturbing in this day and age when a question such as that goes unanswered. Now I'm afraid to type in public chats because some pc psycho may misconstrue my words

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Froze and 19 guests