Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

Apple loves screwing people over lol
Theyll follow that policy but not the policy where they have to give out chest drop rates. LOL
Has anyone asked vr about this yet?
They have a ton on their plate as is. Everyone wants vr implement what otm failed to do and i imagine its fairly overwhelming. Maybe give them some time.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

Hey guys,

We just received some really bad news. iOS has updated their policy for submissions that all new submissions on the app store must support the iOS 11 SDK (XCODE 9). We are unable to submit as the Unity version we are on is lower than that which is supported. We will not be able to give you any updates until we update to Unity 2018.

Here is the new policy on iOS's website:
https://developer.apple.com/ios/submit/
So does this mean CH is just on iOS 11 now?

Well,when you guys doget working on the new engine, i have an idea. Make a seperate 'game within a game' tab on the log in screen and make the 'game within a game' be the original celtic heroes. No lux, no store, original castle, lirs, crookback and dust. Nothing above thehammered redclaw type armors and weapons, no lix no idols no pots no sigils. Would be nice if you could transition to all the areas without loading too but idk if the map would be too big. Even use the original graphics if possible. Maybe make progress and level be rewarded in the main game somehow but its not a necessity.
Airrius 225 tank
TheGreenMan 216 druid
Balgair 221 rogue
Velocity 200 rogue
Iolo 225 ranger
Alistar 215 mage
Divym 223 mage

Theyll follow that policy but not the policy where they have to give out chest drop rates. LOL
There's a slight difference between a policy that prevents the app from updating, and a policy that simply requires the disclosure of information.

I honestly don't get why everyone is so set on getting exact details...the second VR releases the data, everyone is going to start complaining in detail about the numbers.
No. All it means is that the game engine needs to be updated to a new version.

Well,when you guys doget working on the new engine, i have an idea. Make a seperate 'game within a game' tab on the log in screen and make the 'game within a game' be the original celtic heroes. No lux, no store, original castle, lirs, crookback and dust. Nothing above thehammered redclaw type armors and weapons, no lix no idols no pots no sigils. Would be nice if you could transition to all the areas without loading too but idk if the map would be too big. Even use the original graphics if possible. Maybe make progress and level be rewarded in the main game somehow but its not a necessity.
No, just no. Please don't bring this up again. This has been covered in many other posts. If anything just go post this in Feedback and Suggestions (where again, there are several posts on this topic).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It does sound nice to be able to relive the good ol days but I think this would be too much work and would cause the dev team to stray from the current state of the game. I believe one of the devs popped up and said this would need to be remade from scratch due to all of the changes implemented over the years.
Im a -1 I think the devs efforts are best set on the future.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

There's a slight difference between a policy that prevents the app from updating, and a policy that simply requires the disclosure of information.

I honestly don't get why everyone is so set on getting exact details...the second VR releases the data, everyone is going to start complaining in detail about the numbers.
No. All it means is that the game engine needs to be updated to a new version.

No, just no. Please don't bring this up again. This has been covered in many other posts. If anything just go post this in Feedback and Suggestions (where again, there are several posts on this topic).
Idc about the rates. I care about them following rules that are set since they want to force rules on others. Lol