Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

Still waiting on taadah to answer the original question. It's a little disturbing in this day and age when a question such as that goes unanswered. Now I'm afraid to type in public chats because some pc psycho may misconstrue my words
Gotta love the internet, right? Of course, it isn't just the internet, it happens in RL too, but I'm not going to go there.

The way I see it, the only reason you would need to worry about what you say is if you say things you probably shouldn't. Of course this is tough because people have different views on words...for example, person A may not have any issue with the word b***h, they call their friends it and are just messing around, but to other people, it's a word that isn't said unless you want to hurt someone's feelings...then you have the problem where it might get taken out of context, someone else may not know your personality, etc, and then things go downhill.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just think about how others will view your words.
For instance person a and person b are great friends and clown each other in chat. Person c hates person a and happens to catch the end of a and b's conversation jumps at the chance to ss person a calling person b a hoe. A and b are fine because they're friends and understand the all important context of the convo but person a is now banned because person c even understanding said context still saw an opportunity to make person a's life hell. Or do we just walk on eggshells so to speak? True offenses deserve a ban but there needs to be common sense involved. Free speech is still a thing
To jump on this topic, you don't need to walk on eggshells necessarily..but at the same time, consider if it's really necessary to say stuff like that. It rounds back to what I said above, it's fine to be yourself on the internet, but realize that things get taken out of context all the time.

*IMPORTANT note that when I say you, I don't necessarily mean you, sign slotter. It's more directed at anyone reading this post.*
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the convo. I don't work weekends and I'm packing up to move out of my condo. Generally, when someone reports, I make a note of who is reporting. We pull both characters logs and compare them. PS You can both get silenced/banned depending on what is found. I've definitely had a player try to report someone for some colorful language. I went in and saw the person reporting instigated it with even worse colorful wording. What I usually look for is a. targeted behavior or b. generally negative patterns. I curse worse than a sailor, cussing isn't necessarily going to get you banned/silenced. It's how you're using the words and if you're directing them at someone. If it's excessive, you'll probably get a message saying, "Hey, could you tone it down in public channels?" There's a difference between saying "This F'ing sucks" and "You F'ing suck". Catch my drift? Usually, I can see in whispers if they kind of banter is typical between two people. Protip. Don't talk your ex after you break up. Like I know I've gone batsh** on an ex before, but they will report you if you do it through our game. Which becomes a really strange report... BC I can see y'all sexting, when you break up, and then the convos afterward.

If harassment pours over into third-party channels, it is taken into consideration. You don't get to circulate real-life information about another person from our game. It's dangerous. There have already been people on the wrong end of pranks that end up dead. This behavior isn't acceptable at all. You wouldn't stand up at a baseball game and yell to some random person across the way, "Hey, you make my d limp. It's never going to work again!" Why do you think that's acceptable to do in a virtual space?

TL:DR: Just be decent human beings and you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the convo. I don't work weekends and I'm packing up to move out of my condo. Generally, when someone reports, I make a note of who is reporting. We pull both characters logs and compare them. PS You can both get silenced/banned depending on what is found. I've definitely had a player try to report someone for some colorful language. I went in and saw the person reporting instigated it with even worse colorful wording. What I usually look for is a. targeted behavior or b. generally negative patterns. I curse worse than a sailor, cussing isn't necessarily going to get you banned/silenced. It's how you're using the words and if you're directing them at someone. If it's excessive, you'll probably get a message saying, "Hey, could you tone it down in public channels?" There's a difference between saying "This F'ing sucks" and "You F'ing suck". Catch my drift? Usually, I can see in whispers if they kind of banter is typical between two people. Protip. Don't talk your ex after you break up. Like I know I've gone batsh** on an ex before, but they will report you if you do it through our game. Which becomes a really strange report... BC I can see y'all sexting, when you break up, and then the convos afterward.

If harassment pours over into third-party channels, it is taken into consideration. You don't get to circulate real-life information about another person from our game. It's dangerous. There have already been people on the wrong end of pranks that end up dead. This behavior isn't acceptable at all. You wouldn't stand up at a baseball game and yell to some random person across the way, "Hey, you make my d limp. It's never going to work again!" Why do you think that's acceptable to do in a virtual space?

TL:DR: Just be decent human beings and you have nothing to worry about.
That context was exactly what had me thinking. Tyvm for the clarity

Hey Heroes!

We know you’ve all been asking for updates on what’s coming next with all the changes and hustle and bustle around the Birthday Events.

As many of you know, the game moved to the Unity game engine years ago. Currently, we are developed on Unity 4 which is about 3 iterations of Unity behind the current version. We’ll be taking on the task of updating to Unity 2018. This is a large technical task that will take several months to complete. In order for the game to maintain function and development of new features to continue, it is a task that must be completed.

What This Means:
While the game engine is being updated, we won’t be able to push any major new features into the game. The good news is that the team here was already working on updating to Unity 2017 prior to the recent restructuring. There are some small changes from 2017 to 2018, but we aren’t starting from scratch on this task. That will speed up the process.

The Benefits:
It’s going to be a slow couple of months while this being updated, but once this is updated, there will be a number of benefits. A lot of benefits are on the backend and won’t be noticeable to the naked-eye, but will allow us to better develop the game in the future. As many of you have reported, there have been some visual effects that are totally bugged out and particle effects aren’t working properly. This should be fixed with the upgrade to Unity 2018. There will performance improvements that may be noticeable to the naked-eye such as loading times and FPS. More importantly, this update has to happen in order for us to continue development on the game and support future devices (aka iPhone X support).

The Game Plan:
Before we dive completely into this task, we plan on releasing a quality-of-life update to the game. This will include a new pet (chest), fashion (both chest and vendor, hopefully), mount (let me check on this one. There was something interesting about one of these items.) and a number of items to make your life easier. Below are number improvements we’re investigating. We can’t promise you how many or which one specifically are going to make it into this update, but we’re going to try to fit in as many as possible in a short amount of time. We want to get this update out and complete this task as soon as possible. The faster we update Unity; the faster we get back to developing new content and fixing larger issues for you!
  • ● Bulk Mailing: Take all/Delete all mail
    ● Removing penalties for 220+ level
    ● Change to armor quests, so you don’t have to write in a ticket for that pesky item you dropped 4 years ago
    ● Highlighting the last selected item
    ● Adding playtime to UI (somewhere)
These are just a few ideas/examples. We’ll still be able to run events such as the XP events, so we’ll be hosting events both while updating and after. :) I'm posting this later in the day as more people are coming into the forums, so if we don't answer right away, it's just because we've gone home for the day. We'll try and answer as many questions as possible in the morning.
2 months have passed,, any news on update?
Ranger 227+

We'll be updating soon. We're just waiting for more concrete news! So fingers crossed for good news in next week or three.

Can you give us a % on how far the unity update is, I have been asking for nearly 11 months now and it turns out a few months ago it was 0% so how far is it now?
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

We'll be updating soon. We're just waiting for more concrete news! So fingers crossed for good news in next week or three.

Can you give us a % on how far the unity update is, I have been asking for nearly 11 months now and it turns out a few months ago it was 0% so how far is it now?
It wouldn't matter if they were 1% in or 99% in as a percentage won't really indicate how long until release and they're waiting until they know specifically before they release the info. If they say they're 80% done then everyone will expect it done soon and if they say 10% everyone will wonder what's taking so long. And in the past the players on the forum have always pitched a fit if OTM didn't hit their estimated release date.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue