Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

They said iPhone X compatibility is part of the Unity 2018 upgrade. So not part of the next event unfortunately.
Thanks bitey :-)
I’m just glad it’s finally on the agenda...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Only bothering to dig to first page cuz they got banned for saying this.
If VR can’t take criticism then idk what they are doing running a forum...
Not everyone will love what you do, that’s just life, and just because people disagree with the majority doesn’t make them wrong on face...
I actually agree with them on this. I love the changes you are making, but all the things listed here are issues that players have been spamming forums about in recent times, and it would be nice for an ETA along those lines, or at least an acknowledgment of these issues.

Tadaah you need to be more professional and take a few pages from Muldar. I know you are new to the job and are still learning, but there is only so long where that excuse will be acceptable. When someone says something you don’t like, quote and ask why they said it, ask for more details, or ask them to reword it to be more constructive. What you shouldn’t do is ban someone for having a contradictory opinion to the conpany’s business plan. Why? Because the odds are he isn’t the only person to feel the way he does.
There's a difference between giving constructive criticism and being annoying. Trust me, I'm sure that VR is very aware of the issues you guys keep bringing up. Just because they aren't fixing them within 2 months of taking over the game, doesn't mean they will never change it. However, keep in mind that just because the player base wants something, doesn't mean it's best for the overall game...present and future.

Tadaah is doing way better than most people would in his shoes. Yes, he is different than Muldar, however, you lot didn't rag on Muldar like you are on Tadaah. Quit comparing him to Muldar, they are completely different people, and have different methods of going about things. I personally don't have any issue with how Tadaah is running things, and based on what I've seen by reading through the forums, there are really only 4-5 people who do.

Yes, there are other issues that should be looked at. However, stuff like changing the drop rates of Pures, changing skills, changing the Gardens offhands etc all have a pretty major impact on the game. I like that VR isn't instantly rushing in to change big things right at the start, it's best to start small and get familiar with the game before making any big changes.

Anyways, now that that's out of the way. I like these changes so far, updating the engine is definitely an important thing to start with. Though I am curious about that mount situation :?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Only bothering to dig to first page cuz they got banned for saying this.
If VR can’t take criticism then idk what they are doing running a forum...
Not everyone will love what you do, that’s just life, and just because people disagree with the majority doesn’t make them wrong on face...
I actually agree with them on this. I love the changes you are making, but all the things listed here are issues that players have been spamming forums about in recent times, and it would be nice for an ETA along those lines, or at least an acknowledgment of these issues.

Tadaah you need to be more professional and take a few pages from Muldar. I know you are new to the job and are still learning, but there is only so long where that excuse will be acceptable. When someone says something you don’t like, quote and ask why they said it, ask for more details, or ask them to reword it to be more constructive. What you shouldn’t do is ban someone for having a contradictory opinion to the conpany’s business plan. Why? Because the odds are he isn’t the only person to feel the way he does.
There's a difference between giving constructive criticism and being annoying. Trust me, I'm sure that VR is very aware of the issues you guys keep bringing up. Just because they aren't fixing them within 2 months of taking over the game, doesn't mean they will never change it. However, keep in mind that just because the player base wants something, doesn't mean it's best for the overall game...present and future.

Tadaah is doing way better than most people would in his shoes. Yes, he is different than Muldar, however, you lot didn't rag on Muldar like you are on Tadaah. Quit comparing him to Muldar, they are completely different people, and have different methods of going about things. I personally don't have any issue with how Tadaah is running things, and based on what I've seen by reading through the forums, there are really only 4-5 people who do.

Yes, there are other issues that should be looked at. However, stuff like changing the drop rates of Pures, changing skills, changing the Gardens offhands etc all have a pretty major impact on the game. I like that VR isn't instantly rushing in to change big things right at the start, it's best to start small and get familiar with the game before making any big changes.

Anyways, now that that's out of the way. I like these changes so far, updating the engine is definitely an important thing to start with. Though I am curious about that mount situation :?
Your comments don’t make any sense, did you read the announcement? They are changing pretty much everything fundamental to current gameplay... the issues being brought up are small things that they have overlooked because they are doing just what you are saying they aren’t. They jumped into making big rash changes and as a result they have overlooked small things that players have big concerns and grievances over.
It’s because of this that some players have become “annoying” as you so put it. It’s been said politely for years now...

I stick with what I said 100% in this case. I love some of the changes being made, but I 100% disagree with why they are making the changes. They are making them on a surface level reading of the forums and nothing more it seems. Some of them are good, but because of how they went about it they are doing some controversial changes as if they are nothing.

Also I find it somewhat interesting that it’s those with the higher levels of forum activity that are the main people with issues with how Tadaah moderates... hmmmm....
Negativity is going to happen. Not everyone is going to love you. You are running a business, and more importantly a video game...
no game has survived where the company constantly throws active contributors under the bus every time they say something that critiques the company or something said company is doing.
Tadaah, I know you will ban me for this, but if I get banned for saying this then this isn’t a forum nor a game I want to participate and contribute to. Tadaah you need to learn to take criticism and you need to learn to accept that not everyone is going to be your friend and that not everyone will agree with you. Sure you have the power to ban anyone, but it will eventually catch up to you.
You can either thank me for commenting and stating my opinion on these matters and end the conversation that way, or you can ban me and end it yet another. The choice is all yours...
Bob The God

I love the 220+ lock penalty removal. I see lots of things in this topic that have been requested for months and are finally on the list/being implented the next (couple) updates.

VR is doing a great job, they are very communicative and have given us a lot already, the 7 years birthday was a really nice surprise, so many bosses (maybe an overload) but it's not like we had that many events in the past ever since they stopped doing the seasonal events. VR is clear and informs us about what they are doing and seems to finally listen to the community, keep it up!
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Your comments don’t make any sense, did you read the announcement? They are changing pretty much everything fundamental to current gameplay... the issues being brought up are small things that they have overlooked because they are doing just what you are saying they aren’t. They jumped into making big rash changes and as a result they have overlooked small things that players have big concerns and grievances over.
It’s because of this that some players have become “annoying” as you so put it. It’s been said politely for years now...

I stick with what I said 100% in this case. I love some of the changes being made, but I 100% disagree with why they are making the changes. They are making them on a surface level reading of the forums and nothing more it seems. Some of them are good, but because of how they went about it they are doing some controversial changes as if they are nothing.

Also I find it somewhat interesting that it’s those with the higher levels of forum activity that are the main people with issues with how Tadaah moderates... hmmmm....
Negativity is going to happen. Not everyone is going to love you. You are running a business, and more importantly a video game...
no game has survived where the company constantly throws active contributors under the bus every time they say something that critiques the company or something said company is doing.
Tadaah, I know you will ban me for this, but if I get banned for saying this then this isn’t a forum nor a game I want to participate and contribute to. Tadaah you need to learn to take criticism and you need to learn to accept that not everyone is going to be your friend and that not everyone will agree with you. Sure you have the power to ban anyone, but it will eventually catch up to you.
You can either thank me for commenting and stating my opinion on these matters and end the conversation that way, or you can ban me and end it yet another. The choice is all yours...
Bob you can be pretty constructive and offer valuable input when the mood takes you but let’s quit all this “I dare you to ban me” playing the martyr nonsense, it just devalues actual valid points you make.

More of well thought out constructive Bob please.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Bob you can be pretty constructive and offer valuable input when the mood takes you but let’s quit all this “I dare you to ban me” playing the martyr nonsense, it just devalues actual valid points you make.

More of well thought out constructive Bob please.
Your right and I should do that, and I will do that.

Just got a bit agitated after hearing and reading for myself why some fellow contributors got banned so jumped on the bandwagon.

Don’t want to make myself a martyr but after 5+ years of playing this game I’m at a point where I just can’t sit on the sidelines and continue to contribute.
Aileron isn’t here anymore so I guess we have to fill in his shoes :lol:
Bob The God

Well, you are the one who said you didn't read the announcement :? I mean, there is a chance that I missed something...let's see:
1. Unity update for future development
2. QoL updates for Mailing
3. Lock penalty removal for 220+
4. QoL Armor quest tweak to avoid requiring the previous armor piece in your inventory (more for Support's sake than the player's :lol: )
5. QoL inventory update - highlight last selected item
6. QoL in game playtime counter
7. new pet/mount/fashion

The only thing there that I would consider "fundamental to current gameplay" would be the 220+ lock penalty, and even that is kinda pushing it (most eg players are only 220-225, at least on Sulis). I'm not sure what other "big rash changes" VR has done, please enlighten me! If you consider speeding up the gearing process of the best endgame armor, changing the base functionality of game skills, and buffing the new endgame offhands to be "small things they have overlooked", then I'd hate to see what these "big rash changes" are :? .
Now, don't get me wrong, I think skills/classes could use an overhaul, and the new offhands definitely need a buff, but I also recognize that VR should take time to make sure they don't overly buff anything. The only thing worse than taking their time to make the first change would be to rush out a big change, then have to roll back and nerf them again in a month or two.

High forum activity doesn't necessarily mean much, it could just mean that people like to comment on every little thing. I'm occasionally guilty of this as well, especially when bored, like today.
People's actions are completely up to them. If you want to be negative, by all means, but other people are just as free to comment on it and disagree :)

Anyways, apologies to other forum-readers for drawing this out.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Just got a bit agitated after hearing and reading for myself why some fellow contributors got banned so jumped on the bandwagon.

Don’t want to make myself a martyr but after 5+ years of playing this game I’m at a point where I just can’t sit on the sidelines and continue to contribute.
People have been given a time out for persistent patterns of behavior, despite warnings. Being critical is fine derailing threads constantly with insults and hostility is not ok, it makes the forum as a whole a less pleasant environment for those who do want to engage in a reasonable and constructive way.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

People have been given a time out for persistent patterns of behavior, despite warnings. Being critical is fine derailing threads constantly with insults and hostility is not ok, it makes the forum as a whole a less pleasant environment for those who do want to engage in a reasonable and constructive way.
I'd be interested to see where they have actually derailed threads without any valid input. I personally think the fact they are 100% honest and to the point is necessary

Well, you are the one who said you didn't read the announcement :? I mean, there is a chance that I missed something...let's see:
1. Unity update for future development
2. QoL updates for Mailing
3. Lock penalty removal for 220+
4. QoL Armor quest tweak to avoid requiring the previous armor piece in your inventory (more for Support's sake than the player's :lol: )
5. QoL inventory update - highlight last selected item
6. QoL in game playtime counter
7. new pet/mount/fashion

The only thing there that I would consider "fundamental to current gameplay" would be the 220+ lock penalty, and even that is kinda pushing it (most eg players are only 220-225, at least on Sulis). I'm not sure what other "big rash changes" VR has done, please enlighten me! If you consider speeding up the gearing process of the best endgame armor, changing the base functionality of game skills, and buffing the new endgame offhands to be "small things they have overlooked", then I'd hate to see what these "big rash changes" are :? .
Now, don't get me wrong, I think skills/classes could use an overhaul, and the new offhands definitely need a buff, but I also recognize that VR should take time to make sure they don't overly buff anything. The only thing worse than taking their time to make the first change would be to rush out a big change, then have to roll back and nerf them again in a month or two.

High forum activity doesn't necessarily mean much, it could just mean that people like to comment on every little thing. I'm occasionally guilty of this as well, especially when bored, like today.
People's actions are completely up to them. If you want to be negative, by all means, but other people are just as free to comment on it and disagree :)

Anyways, apologies to other forum-readers for drawing this out.
Drawing out this aspect of my post isn’t a derailment, but rather a continuation of the discussion that is tied to the OP.

Engine and UI are fundamental parts of the game, as are lock mechanics and the other changes that come with them.
For those of us who have played since before the last engine change will recall the larger play changes that have occurred. The engine is the underlying structure to the whole game, what everything else is built upon, so logically changes to the engine are changes to fundamental aspects of the game.
UI changes that are being described could include a lot of different things. To me it sounds like they have an idea of what they want to do but nothing specific, which is fine with me, I’d rather them have an idea and give community time to critique and narrow down their direction so that way it’s a 2 step process with them suggesting and us commenting and reshaping. To say that this isn’t a large jump in though is illogical. They are changing the larger appearance of the game and fundamentals with engine changing.
My issue is with negativity being associated with derailment. Not everyone is the most adept at phrasing their opinions as suggestions and sometimes they come across as complaints. While it’s always easier for us and more constructive when complaints are better formulated, we as a community need to realize and accept that holding a high standard will exclude people’s opinions and even though it’s easier for us, it’s more detrimental in the long term.
Moderators need to work with those people and help guide them as to how they should post. Banning them for “negativity” is a lazy approach and to be fair, it is extremely vague.
I bring up negativity because that is what I was told was the listed reason for them being banned.

So ya, I kinda got up into this thread and stirred the pot a bit, and was more agitated than was probably deserved, but this is a trend where negativity has been associated with derailment and this is the latest thread where I have seen this happening. Not everyone will be happy with everything, and negativity is pretty much guaranteed. What we need are moderators who work with he negativity and try and make it more constructive.
Bob The God