Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Time Travel @OTM/VR

So this has been on my mind for ever since you guys started using your Destiny(Unity) Engine.
The simplicity of Celtic Heroes in 2011-2014 was Legendary and made the game really special and unique.
the Netcode was perfect performance wise and the game was hella fun back then aswell.
my Question is :
Could you Reboot the old Engine( your own made Engine)
and release a second version of Celtic Heroes covering the content till the new Engine was released seperatly on the Ios or android store?

if not then just pack it all up in a google drive file and upload it for anyone to use on their own will?
(Ofc if anyone does start release the game under OTMs name the Iapps wud go in OTMs pockets)

Sometimes a game just needs simplicity and a loyal player base,
Celtic Heroes was that game.

~Exe
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

Re: Time Travel @OTM/VR

+1 can you guys allow us to make private servers of this game when it was best and I'm sure more people would want to buy play here if they knew there was a way that they could enjoy e.g. raids here and just enjoy a casual game there where it isn't necessary to fuss over everything #bringtheoldcastleback :cry:

It was perfect back then...

Lots of decent players left during the release of the new engine

CH in my opinion is just boring and different now...why? The [Unity] graphics... its... trash.

Surely it allowed newer things to be added etc... however, the so called "fun" was literally swiped away by the release in 2013...

Not welcoming at all...

Make another CH with old engine...

>_<

This keeps coming back up, so let’s go over why it’s a bad idea again (because people don’t bother looking into it before posting).

1. The biggest issue is time...it would take a long time to get the old engine up and running, VR is a small team that only just got started on CH, I’m guessing none of them know anything about the old engine (maybe they didn’t even know there was an old engine...) It would also probably take time to optimize it for newer devices, and to set up entirely new servers. There wouldn’t be a possibility of Android devices either. During all that time, all new things (and bug fixes/content changes) would pretty much be put on hold. I know players are annoyed with slow releases, but could you wait another year for them to even get started on anything new?

2. Manpower (also a major issue). VR is a small team. They don’t have enough devs or support members to handle multiple games. Honestly at times it feels like they don’t have enough to handle the single game! Even though there wouldn’t be any content releases on the dev side, Support would still have to answer tickets, causing both games to have a lot of tickets piling up.

I’m sure there are other issues too that I’m just not thinking of right now. But those are the main ones that come to mind. Essentially, no it would never happen. While there would definitely be some people who would play it, the majority of people wouldn’t, simply because it’s old and outdated.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Remember that Otherworld was released in summer 2012 -- the game had only been out for a year, and Shalemont/Stonevale for only 8-9 months.

The biggest nostalgia is from just before Otherworld... Consider this:

- 80 soft cap, 90 hard cap, 100 very hard cap, a short enough grind such that you are thought of as "chinsy" if you use elixirs
- the meteoric weapon quest takes three weeks or more to complete (you have to kill 10 rare spawns)
- no fashion
- only one jewelry slot
- no gear that adds skill points, ability points, stat points, skills, or skill boost
- stats don't effect skills, level is the only differentiator
- everyone looks the same, except in facial/skin tone
- nothing to do besides camp Falgren every hour, make alts, kill event bosses, and chat with people
- nothing to buy in the plat shop besides idols, gold, and res potions; no mystery chests
- no free plat offers -- unless you buy plat you are stuck with 10 inventory slots
- no cool particle effects
- Rogues and Warriors are OP, Druids and Mages only have two DPS skills
- skills don't miss, so Rangers can solo almost everything with bolas
- no PVP
- no "free fast travel" to Farcrag
- no bank, someone is always shouting for an "xfer" to their bank toon
- no hotbared gear
- skills don't get resisted, and HP bars don't show effects, so you have to determine who casts what buff and hope they stick to it
- no chat filtering, no changing the chat box location/size, only the text size within it

I could go on. Every year or so this topic comes up, and lots of people support it. The game back then was excellent, the community was excellent, OTM was fresh and engaged, however seeing everything that has changed and improved since then... playing the old version would be fun for a few days, but most if not all would prefer a more recent build. Don't yearn for that past, but do cherish the memories!

PS: I would definitely host an old-engine server if a client were released ;)
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Besides the probably crazy amount of time it'll take, people love those days because they're memories. Nostalgia. Once they're back to being the present they'll no longer hold the same value.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

So your saying older graphics make the game better hmm or is it just that people have changed the way the game is played that made the new update boring . As far as I remember in the older times everyone used to work together they didn’t care about drops as serious as they do now
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------