Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Work towards Doch Gul pieces or sets?

Only classes full sets really do anything for are mages and druids. Otherwise, for ice mages occult trumps all but dg bp and for fire mages dg bp > occult, gloves = ancient beastbone, and helm is about a little less than hrung hat, so it’s really only a slight bump.
And rogue. Qs and sneaky boost is an amazing aura. Ranger and warrior auras are underwealming. Longshot needs a fix and let’s not start on giant swing...
You realise warriors gain 800 heat dmg, 1000 ish pummel damage and 1600 stats right? All of these are good for warrior especially that damage
Hi

I'm not talking about your personal toon though and neither is the OP vent.

It's talking about whats best for the clan and 2 boots will give better stats than 1 legs, especially if 1 boots can't make it to the boss you get the benefit of the other boots while if the legs can't make it you lose all the benefits.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Only classes full sets really do anything for are mages and druids. Otherwise, for ice mages occult trumps all but dg bp and for fire mages dg bp > occult, gloves = ancient beastbone, and helm is about a little less than hrung hat, so it’s really only a slight bump.
And rogue. Qs and sneaky boost is an amazing aura. Ranger and warrior auras are underwealming. Longshot needs a fix and let’s not start on giant swing...
You realise warriors gain 800 heat dmg, 1000 ish pummel damage and 1600 stats right? All of these are good for warrior especially that damage
Discussing aura vs pieces. Wars don’t gain additional heat damage for set other than one more piece.
Mages and druids gain almost all the boost from the aura.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Discussing aura vs pieces. Wars don’t gain additional heat damage for set other than one more piece.
Yet the boost is the least needed. There is no problem healing usually and mages dps is pretty meh round the board.
Hi

Yet the boost is the least needed. There is no problem healing usually and mages dps is pretty meh round the board.
:lol:
The boost to mages DPS is not something to shrug off. I was hitting 12.5k noncrit bolts in beta, up to 13.3k. Mage dg sets are heavenly. And win BT’s massive damage a dg Druid doesn’t hurt.
Bob The God

\
Mathematically it's best to do pieces:

For dps, gloves > bp > boots > legs > helm that order (with bt helms now I wouldnt waste pures on helm).

For support classes gloves > boots > legs > bp > helm (bt helms)

Tanks shouldn't get dg.
This pretty much.

I don't believe in giving out full sets. You could have been increasing your DPS by giving BP and gloves combo to two toons rather than a set to one toon. Then there is the risk of a full doch toon going inactive upon reward. Make your clan happier by spreading the wealth.
Don't you think that people who work the hardest deserve the sets?
If someone lives and breathes the game while barely having any stiff competition with clannies in all attendances, and demonstrate an outstanding selfless and decent attitude for clan then yeah, but this is extremely rare.

You will see someone with the most points followed by a trail of people close behind, giving a full set to the top person while the people in trail are doing mediocre DPS using EDL armour is not a bright idea.

If you spread it around there will be happier clannies, and clan will be downing stuff quicker if more rogue/ranger toons, for example, have doch bp and gloves.
Wattzon of Sulis

I'm not talking about your personal toon though and neither is the OP vent.

It's talking about whats best for the clan and 2 boots will give better stats than 1 legs, especially if 1 boots can't make it to the boss you get the benefit of the other boots while if the legs can't make it you lose all the benefits.
i understand that. But am simply giving a dif point of view. I’m aure I am not the only ranger in the game who already swaps a prot ring to max steady aim
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

\
This pretty much.

I don't believe in giving out full sets. You could have been increasing your DPS by giving BP and gloves combo to two toons rather than a set to one toon. Then there is the risk of a full doch toon going inactive upon reward. Make your clan happier by spreading the wealth.
If someone lives and breathes the game while barely having any stiff competition with clannies in all attendances, and demonstrate an outstanding selfless and decent attitude for clan then yeah, but this is extremely rare.

You will see someone with the most points followed by a trail of people close behind, giving a full set to the top person while the people in trail are doing mediocre DPS using EDL armour is not a bright idea.

If you spread it around there will be happier clannies, and clan will be downing stuff quicker if more rogue/ranger toons, for example, have doch bp and gloves.
I doubt the top 10 or so players all have very similar dkp. If so, give them all DG sets. I would be pissed to work harder for nothing
Hi

I doubt the top 10 or so players all have very similar dkp. If so, give them all DG sets. I would be pissed to work harder for nothing
unless your a mage DG boots and legs are pretty much useless and shadow mord helms trump dg helms. While the full set is great all most melee need to skyrocket their DPS is dg bp and gloves. For casters DG parts barely have an effect so sets are kinda needed.

All in all each clan needs to do what it think is best and this shouldn't become a debate over clan A's policy vs clan Y's (thinking of this whole discussion of DKP and top players). Lastly there is an infinite amount of ways to measure activity and value to a clan and as such to say that because someone falls slightly short by one metric they don't matter for a large gear upgrade isn't looking at each individual clanny as a while picture. I think Leg (intentional ;) ) is right that more often than not you will see a very close trail of clannies by any metric and to say that one deserves 2 months of farming over another is a bit cocky when the spread may be only 1-2%. What if one of them had finals that month and the other the next month, or a plethora of other reasons.
Now if there is a 20% or massive difference that is really noticeable between clannies, then hell ya, give that player a set, they would have definitely earned it, but just because someone is on top doesn't mean it isn't a close race ;)
Bob The God

Technically it's not really working hard
Now tearing off a roof in the middle of summer is hard work.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue