Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The anniversary and double exp

-1 to any type of double xp. It’s super easy to level now.
Yet a lot of people quit because it's such a long grind? The game needs to attract casuals players who will look at other games and say na because its a lvl 220 endgame.
Its pretty easy atm to get from 0-220. Did it in 4 weeks while being busy irl on gwyd after I xfered there. Of course it will take longer for those without the gold supply I had at start, but for any dedicated player (as in they will spend time leveling instead of castle camping, not dedicated as in they put game over real life) they can get to 220 in 2 months. This is a lot easier than it used to be and imo probably the easiest it should get.
Right now I'm leveling another toon with a much more limited gold supply (Blew out my gold on my war) and have it at 130 atm. With the new XP curve leveling is just too easy.

Now I'm -1 on the idea for dbl xp just because its too chaotic and leads to drama over lixing spots. Best to stick with bounties, mini events, and the expected double plat.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

-1 to any type of double xp. It’s super easy to level now.
Yet a lot of people quit because it's such a long grind? The game needs to attract casuals players who will look at other games and say na because its a lvl 220 endgame.
Its pretty easy atm to get from 0-220. Did it in 4 weeks while being busy irl on gwyd after I xfered there. Of course it will take longer for those without the gold supply I had at start, but for any dedicated player (as in they will spend time leveling instead of castle camping, not dedicated as in they put game over real life) they can get to 220 in 2 months. This is a lot easier than it used to be and imo probably the easiest it should get.
Right now I'm leveling another toon with a much more limited gold supply (Blew out my gold on my war) and have it at 130 atm. With the new XP curve leveling is just too easy.

Now I'm -1 on the idea for dbl xp just because its too chaotic and leads to drama over lixing spots. Best to stick with bounties, mini events, and the expected double plat.
Level 220 in two months for someone who starts off is a stretch.

Possible if they are hardcore gamers like you've said and buy plat.
Wattzon of Sulis

-1 for a double xp, already easy enough to lix with or without a large gold supply, farm lixes, shouldn’t be lazy and wait for it to be basically handed to you by making levelling even easier
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

your prob right about 2 months being a stretch, 4 months is a lot more likely, but even then I don't think thats really a lot.
Bob The God

Had a discussion with 'theadmin' two days ago.

This is an event that we're extremely hesitant to do. From what I gathered, the content that was eaten through the last time this ran was almost game-breaking.

BUT, all hope is not lost, we could possibly look at doing this on a smaller more focused scale such as specific (or all) mobs or on bounties. Those are some of the options/solutions we've considered for this.
“theadmin”! Oh that’s Me!

your prob right about 2 months being a stretch, 4 months is a lot more likely, but even then I don't think thats really a lot.
I agree.

Come to think of it, having this many levels makes sense with the dearth of content that has engulfed the game, hopefully it can change with the VR team.

With levelling you can at least set goals, level with friends, chat. I totally would not mind if the level cap was raised, but high level caps can act as deterrents for newer players, so all rests on the efforts and ideas of our Asian friends.
Wattzon of Sulis

I agree.

Come to think of it, having this many levels makes sense with the dearth of content that has engulfed the game, hopefully it can change with the VR team.

With levelling you can at least set goals, level with friends, chat. I totally would not mind if the level cap was raised, but high level caps can act as deterrents for newer players, so all rests on the efforts and ideas of our Asian friends.
Idm the leveling cap as it is so long as new content produces a gear gap wide enough to act as the level cap did in terms of creating progression. IE without the previous bosses loot odds of you having enough DPS to lock/kill new boss is very unlikely. This way we as players have some sense of progression (this also requires new content to be somewhat often).

The issue with the level cap as it is right now from my experience lies with skill points. The max skill point level is 50 and at 240 a player can put skills at 50/50 without any rings etc... After 240 skill points would either become over inflated or they would need to redesign the whole skill system (which could imbalance lower level gear which was designed assuming a 50 max system which would hurt smaller clans). Furthermore BT loot wouldn't really support a skill cap increase as the gear provides no skill points.
I wouldn't mind a skill cap and lvl cap increase but I think that this would lead to a need for an even larger mechanic change.
Bob The God

1+ to double xp even tho ik otm wont do it
I think its a great idea.... not everyone can play this game 24/7 and no one wants to just stay out killing mobs over nd over again for hours people want to have fun not be trapped in a boring goal thats a must to have more fun
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

+1 1 weekend won’t break the game seeing as there’s hardly new players joining the game, the real people who will take advantage of it would be eg players lixing up alts, even then if there is drama in lix spots it comes down to the social aspect of yourselves/your server. I for one would take advantage and well if someone wants to lix with me by all means
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired