Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Forum/Support Software

New support software -- excellent!

New forums -- The vast majority of my forum work is via my laptop, so please make a good web interface! Beyond that, having an ingame access is great, however why not just use a WebView to access these forums from within the game?

In-app messaging -- good idea, but I doubt it will be highly used. LINE is a multi-billion dollar company built specifically for great messaging (polls, an api, plenty of message types, exporting chat histories, dark theme...), and also allows us to access messages on devices incompatible with CH. We already have mail, and servers are pretty isolated. Also, I believe players prefer to use a third-party app, as it doesn't correspond to VR's server statuses.

More messages from admins -- always welcome!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

What do you think about a feature that allows the players to get items with dkp system? Chiefs and generals can add points for each boss and ppl can use them to bid on items. It should works like actually Auction. But you have to do it extremely customizable, each clan have different dkp system. For example only clansman can bid, you can bid only on 1 item of the same boss, points are separated (mordy points to bid on mordy items, gele point to bid on gele items etc), only a specific class can bid on an item and other features that help generals to track points and attempt, add also the power to the chiefs and generals to add a "tag" to players, to distinguish mains from alts and give mains the priority on bid etc. I think this will really help clans.
Last edited by BrandonHeath on Thu May 31, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Druid: BrandonHeath 185, Epona
Druid: BrandonHeath 222, Crom
Mage: Brandon Hage 172, Crom
Warrior: Brandon Heat 115, Crom
Rogue: Brandon Hogue 106, Crom
Ranger: Brandon Hanger 23, Crom

I like the idea of the in-game forum. Most people play on phones(though im lucky and have bluestacks so i can have chrome open too), so they cant look at the forum and the game at the same time. This would definitely make the forums more active then they are currently, and would make more people know about it(like me playing since 2011 but not knowing about it til 2013).
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

What do you think about a feature that allows the players to get items with dkp system? Chiefs and generals can add points for each boss and ppl can use them to bid on items. It should works like actually Auction. But you have to do it extremely customizable, each clan have different dkp system. For example only clansman can bid, you can bid only on 1 item of the same boss, points are separated (mordy points to bid on mordy items, gele point to bid on gele items etc), only a specific class can bid on an item and other features that help generals to track points and attempt, add also the power to the chiefs and generals to add a "tag" to players, to distinguish mains from alts and give mains the priority on bid etc. I think this will really help clans.
This would be wasted on Epona. We wouldn't use it at all, if we have a choice. I understand that it might be useful for dom servers though. However I don't know if VR should actually implement this, because it seems like it would "steer" servers into a certain play style, dom clan play style, because it would only be a useful feature for dom clans that actually get the drops from bosses.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

That’s a great idea but we don’t separate dkp by boss... it would have to be completely customizable as evety clan does things a bit differently.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

This isn't something we would be building out ourselves. It's an SDK we plug into the code and it does all these things for us. Saves on development time, so the dev team can work on adding more game related things! :D

I'll ask about the push notifications. The interface is totally customizable. For a game that uses the software, you could checkout Zombie Gunship.

I may have read through things wrong about this leading to the out of game forums shutting down, but my one issue with forums that are solely in-game is that a lot of forums user check forums on devices that don't support CH natively (laptops, desktops, older devices), and it might end up reducing regular forum use from a certain segment of the player base that is less active in game.

While it may promote those people logging on, it may just lead to players leaving forums. Plenty of people who are semi-active on these forums are infrequent loggers, and some of them check back here before deciding to redownload the game, or to even login.

Having a forums that is located off game, and active, can help new players who are researching the game want to give it a shot.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.