Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Forum/Support Software

I think it would good for timing bosses if we were able to make private groups for clans with this new software. If you don't want OTM to read everything, then you should just stick to your current 3rd party app.
We really have way better things to do than read through mountains of chat logs.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

I think it would good for timing bosses if we were able to make private groups for clans with this new software. If you don't want OTM to read everything, then you should just stick to your current 3rd party app.
We really have way better things to do than read through mountains of chat logs.
Glasgow team didnt . Would ban people for joking about selling their account to someone in whisper. Lol

This would probs increase the tickets tbh because now people will be reporting their chat logs with the communication inground app. Not saying im against it tho just gtta be ready for that.

Maybe make different sections of chats at different places like a clan chat one with permissions to certain groups according to rank (thats essential)

This sounds like a great new feature to move Celtic Heroes into the future. There is a lot of history and info on the existing forums, but I would feel okay if they were locked and archived.

My big want for this new forum is that it gives push notifications when you get a pm, or possibly when you’re quoted in a post (not sure if that notification would get too chatty though).

Edit: also the sort by New Posts like this forum has. I live in the new posts like 100% of the time. It helps me see what’s been posted across all boards. I think this would be an effective tool for moderating too.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

This sounds like a great new feature to move Celtic Heroes into the future. There is a lot of history and info on the existing forums, but I would feel okay if they were locked and archived.

My big want for this new forum is that it gives push notifications when you get a pm, or possibly when you’re quoted in a post (not sure if that notification would get too chatty though).

Edit: also the sort by New Posts like this forum has. I live in the new posts like 100% of the time. It helps me see what’s been posted across all boards. I think this would be an effective tool for moderating too.
What Bitey said, I always go through unread posts to make sure I haven't missed anything.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

The main question I have about having the new forums in game would be how would it fit into the game. Would it be something like the plat offers, where it opens a page separate from the main game? Or would it be something more like the Auction House UI, where its actually in the game, and you can still talk in game while in the forums.

*edit to add more*
The other thing is for this: "In-app messaging so you don't have to ?leave? the game to talk to people (or folks not on your server)"

First off, I'm assuming that you missed the word leave?
Secondly, I'm not quite seeing how this would be any different than the current chat options. We already have in-app messaging that can reach anywhere in the server (whisper, group, clan). Would people need to log into the game to respond to messages? Could you be a little more specific about this one?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

What Bitey said, I always go through unread posts to make sure I haven't missed anything.
+1 me too

Glasgow team didnt . Would ban people for joking about selling their account to someone in whisper. Lol
There is a pretty good lesson to be learned here. There are some things you really shouldn't joke about. People can't always tell what is a joke and what isn't, especially on the internet.

There is a pretty good lesson to be learned here. There are some things you really shouldn't joke about. People can't always tell what is a joke and what isn't, especially on the internet.
That’s more of a case for people to not read private conversations excessively and make judgements, than to be worried about communicating with your friends in game?

I know a player on Sulis that got banned in 2016 for something he said in 2014.

Only checking chats that have been reported but still keeping records is a good idea, and I’m sure what Virtual Realms will do as opposed to monitoring all chats, especially going years back.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

That’s more of a case for people to not read private conversations and make judgements, than to be worried about communicating with your friends in game?

I know a player on Sulis that got banned in 2016 for something he said in 2014.
I'm pretty sure that Support doesn't just read through random conversations for the fun of it. As for that other situation, maybe it just took them 2 years to get a solid case together. I'm not going to pretend to know how Support does their jobs.

Basically my point still stands though. Some things you shouldn't joke about, especially on the internet. If I was talking to someone else saying "lol yeah sure I'll sell you my account", Support has no way to tell if that is a joke or not. Especially if part of the conversation/joke took place on an external chat app (which I'm sure is part of the reason they want people to stick in the game, and also part of the reason why people are still going to stay with the external chat apps).

So far the track record with bans and shared accounts hasn't been the greatest. You know they miss a lot of accounts that are shared/traded, I can think of a handful of characters that have been traded/shared over the years, and are still showing up at bosses. Then on the other hand, they have occasionally handed out bans to innocent people who were just cracking jokes.

tl;dr: regardless of the situation, be careful with what you say online, you never know who will see it.