We are currently looking for new software to support community and customer support. We'd love to gather your feedback on this.
The new software we're looking at will allow for the following features to exist:
For us, it also gives us more trackable items and ways to communicate with you at ease.
- You won't need to leave the game to visit the forums. I'm hoping this gets more players involved in the community outside of the game.
- Your in-game tickets will be tracked as a conversation, so you'll be able to see your ticket status.
- Sharing videos/pics in forums and social from within the game
- There will still be a web-based forum if you enjoy writing out guides and longer posts
- In-app messaging so you don't have to the game to talk to people (or folks not on your server)
- Better messaging from us about events, contests, sales, feedback discussions, etc.
The downside is: We won't be able to import these forums. You will have a new forum to post. This info would be available there as read-only. What we would do is lock these as read-only for resource purposes and import threads y'all deem most important like class guides.
What do y'all think?
[EDITED: for clarity]
I do like these ideas to be honest. It will help encourage support to be accessed easier for the players who have any issues.
I'm highly skeptical of this working if I'm honest as the support I've seen and had isn't exactly top notch. Still, I'm optimistic.
Will this support also be applicable with those 3rd party sponsors?