Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Volunteer Moderators

I think Bitey is the easiest yes. This is american idol you have 3 yesses time to become a star! No but really you deserve it the most out of anyone.

I got 1 nomination, makes me happy to be acknowledged :p

Im going to suggest 3 I see on forums a lot, are active and imo impartial. Armo, Bitey and Curry are my top picks actually.

But since Ive noticed the decrease in Bitey's activity Im going to suggest Toothpick and Ventius, whom Ive recently met and actually talked a lot with, very helpful for me and come off as very kind on forums as I see it, IMO can be impartial and do their job.

Pigman is not entirely a bad mod, he did give a motto that is correct. Its ok for a mod to be partial on certain topics, all he needs to do is not moderate these topics hes partial at.

EDIT: And without any offense to Kitty, I think a mod should have a considerable amount of posts, even 1000 is too little by now IMO so that might erase Toothpick but I could compromise for 500 as someone suggested, because I guess not everyone have the time for 1000+ posts but 500 is quite easy to achieve.

Or make it 9500 minimum and cut it down, make ur lives easier.
Yea i picked 500. Its on the low side but isnt little. Its enough to show forum activity/community involvement/and some understanding of the forums

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

Im going to suggest 3 I see on forums a lot, are active and imo impartial. Armo, Bitey and Curry are my top picks actually.

But since Ive noticed the decrease in Bitey's activity Im going to suggest Toothpick and Ventius, whom Ive recently met and actually talked a lot with, very helpful for me and come off as very kind on forums as I see it, IMO can be impartial and do their job.

Pigman is not entirely a bad mod, he did give a motto that is correct. Its ok for a mod to be partial on certain topics, all he needs to do is not moderate these topics hes partial at.

EDIT: And without any offense to Kitty, I think a mod should have a considerable amount of posts, even 1000 is too little by now IMO so that might erase Toothpick but I could compromise for 500 as someone suggested, because I guess not everyone have the time for 1000+ posts but 500 is quite easy to achieve.

Yea i picked 500. Its on the low side but isnt little. Its enough to show forum activity/community involvement/and some understanding of the forums
Which I think is ok. As Ive told Tadaaah before, I think that knowledgeable players are likely those commenting and participating more thus more experienced with forums and likely to participate on forums more. Its also good that the mod is a respected player that is known for not being part of dramas as mentioned (but Im gonna emphasize "known") which Id say to a certain extent disqualifies both new mods (but that isnt the topic, so I wont go beyond that), but mostly it qualifies ppl like Bitey and hence hes the most nominated.

In the past there were mods like Voldermort whom were known at the time and was an excellent mode, but also the other two mods (Skenkee and I forgot who else) disappeared very quickly, and Pigman would usually avoid moderating topics that needed moderation, especially topics relevant to Aileron and that is when he used his motto of "I cant moderate threads Im not impartial on" into a tactic to simply be biased on certain threads purposefully. And that was likely the issue with him that made Voldemort need to moderate over him.

I do like the nominations to a point, it can turn into "whos most favorite" contest but its clear that Bitey is simply a good choice (if he can be active as he said), overall I want to mention again the others I mentioned earlier as because we all know that Bitey is a good choice but thread says "Moderators" and not "Moderator" so we need to suggest more, hence: Armo, Curry, Toothpick and Ventius are my picks.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Which I think is ok. As Ive told Tadaaah before, I think that knowledgeable players are likely those commenting and participating more thus more experienced with forums and likely to participate on forums more. Its also good that the mod is a respected player that is known for not being part of dramas as mentioned (but Im gonna emphasize "known") which Id say to a certain extent disqualifies both new mods (but that isnt the topic, so I wont go beyond that), but mostly it qualifies ppl like Bitey and hence hes the most nominated.

In the past there were mods like Voldermort whom were known at the time and was an excellent mode, but also the other two mods (Skenkee and I forgot who else) disappeared very quickly, and Pigman would usually avoid moderating topics that needed moderation, especially topics relevant to Aileron and that is when he used his motto of "I cant moderate threads Im not impartial on" into a tactic to simply be biased on certain threads purposefully. And that was likely the issue with him that made Voldemort need to moderate over him.

I do like the nominations to a point, it can turn into "whos most favorite" contest but its clear that Bitey is simply a good choice (if he can be active as he said), overall I want to mention again the others I mentioned earlier as because we all know that Bitey is a good choice but thread says "Moderators" and not "Moderator" so we need to suggest more, hence: Armo, Curry, Toothpick and Ventius are my picks.
You're forgetting the troll part of curry if you were ever on band you would remember his constant"reported" derailment of topics xD funny but not very mature(I 100% participated in this) lol and his chickens oml I can't with him xD give him second best forum troll rank(I get first and maybe bob can have third)

Alright.

Locking this down. Thank you all for your opinions. I think I see some pretty obvious picks from this thread.

As to choosing people with lower posts numbers, that can be beneficial as they have fewer years of bias working against them. As someone stated, you can't get rid of all your biases. Sometimes, no matter who the mods are, they're going to get caught up. It's about being able to take a step back, regroup, learn and correct. I don't expect anyone to be perfect.

Thanks again for your input.