Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#31
I apologise for my ex clannies in bringing resurgence drama in this thread. And yes I got kicked from resurgence because of this post. Admin please delete unnecessary posts in this thread to avoid being locked. Again, I’m sorry for derailing OP.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#32
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Criminal wrote:Even dkp has flaws. As opposed to the ppl here who can shoot down others' systems while praising their own (which is completely unnecessary). For example the leaders decide how many points are given for each action which can work in favor for certain things. It doesnt matter if its agreed on by the clan because same could be said for other systems. If its decided by certain ppl, if u created a poll on which dkp u will run, on what points will be given how, if it was not something given to u by someone objective and it was decided by subjective ppl, its biased. In the same logic others have used here.

Surely DKP is less flawed compared to leaders deciding on drops as you're more in control of how well you get geared.

The moment u decide on how points are given u basically control all of the DKP system as a whole. Nonetheless, Elem does voting combined with raid attendance, partly edl and snorri attendances, gear lists, gear tracked, guardians and gens combined, set rules, set time windows for everything, no effect between questline items and boss drops (neither affect each other), no "bonus" based on rank (If Im best geared warrior dps wise is because Im most active warrior too, as well as almost all the tanks in clan are guardian-chief). What else the majority I talk to will always support the system of their own clan (whether it is dkp, rolling or voting) and feel it is almost entirely fair (and yes our members think so too, in fact many players on Bele moved from dkp to voting feeling that the voting was handled far more fairly), and there are ppl in all 3 systems who will dislike the systems even being in those clan, simply because they disagree, whether its voting, dkp or rolling. In the end, the system ur clan runs is meant to satisfy the members, not the outsiders such as players on forums, am I correct? Then if the clan feels voting best suits them, considering Elementals exists longer than 90% of the clans (or more) in the game, would u not at the very least admit that the system had it's success? And to add that we have always been dominant, but our weakest time was New Engine (which caused massive Belenus population to quit, to the point competition barely had any players and we couldnt get 20 online, mostly due ppl quitting over lag and crashes for months or even years with no solution) and that was right after our necro kills, being 5th clan to kill Necro. What else Elementals constantly worked with Lugh on strategies too and helped one another (Lugh helped us with Mordy and in return we helped with Necro and both clans killed the bosses in their respective worlds).

So whether u agree or disagree with the system, are u able at the very least admit that for the specific clan that runs it that it has succeeded? Otherwise, u would just be denying something as simple as that.

Like I said, please ur members, not the players on forums who believe they're always right with their ways. I think thats what we're leaders for.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#34
Chaotic wrote:Nobody is saying it can't succeed. Any system can succeed, you have endgame dominant clans who roll for boss drops, does that mean it's the fairest system of distribution?

Yes, voting works for you, doesn't mean that voting is the fairest way of distributing drops.

Nor does that mean that if dkp worked for u it is the fairest of all systems.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#35
Criminal wrote:
Chaotic wrote:Nobody is saying it can't succeed. Any system can succeed, you have endgame dominant clans who roll for boss drops, does that mean it's the fairest system of distribution?

Yes, voting works for you, doesn't mean that voting is the fairest way of distributing drops.

Nor does that mean that if dkp worked for u it is the fairest of all systems.

It doesn't, and lots of people corrupt their dkp system with greedy gens who change rules to suit them. But dkp is the definition of fair, only human error ruins the fairness.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#36
Chaotic wrote:
Criminal wrote:
Chaotic wrote:Nobody is saying it can't succeed. Any system can succeed, you have endgame dominant clans who roll for boss drops, does that mean it's the fairest system of distribution?

Yes, voting works for you, doesn't mean that voting is the fairest way of distributing drops.

Nor does that mean that if dkp worked for u it is the fairest of all systems.

It doesn't, and lots of people corrupt their dkp system with greedy gens who change rules to suit them. But dkp is the definition of fair, only human error ruins the fairness.

Even DKP as a system can have bias and excludes things.

No system is perfect, no system accounts for everything, so it’s all up to the clan as to what is the most ideal for them and what they consider to be the most fair.
Gwydion - Voted Top Noob of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 226 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

Pineapple does NOT belong on Pizza

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#38
Chaotic wrote:
LoneHawk wrote:
Gabee wrote:


I agree on this, there is only two loot distribution that eliminates corruption, dkp and dice roll... if a leader, chief, general, guardian will decide who will get based on their opinion who is deserving, it’s already corruption. Especially when leaders gave dg sets on leaders because they think they deserve to get one after administrative work, like a salary or a reward after a job well done.




So Gabee, from how I read this...you have issue with any leader getting DG because of the work they do? Lets see if I can put this in prospective here...I work 40-60 hours a week and also on the weekends raising that number (in real life). I have been the Chief of Braves and spent countless hours doing the job and still maintained an active status in Res. I attend as many dl/edl bosses (with close to if not over 200 a month) and I attend eg bosses. I spend over nearly 40 hours a week playing the game and helping not only Res players, the best way I can, I also help Braves. I work behind the scenes for the clan and enjoy it immensely. Yet, you still want to bash leaders who get these sets..I take this as a personal insult. I am all for clan 100%...are you?? This statement goes for the Leadership of clans, who's members may not understand that we also have real lives and still care enough about our clan..regardless of server.

I agree with Gabee a leader should not be getting geared based on the administrative work they do.


Leading should always be about putting the clan before oneself in every possible opportunity and thinking about the bigger picture, not a shortcut to the best armour and gear in the game. All this does is foster corruption as selfish members seek these positions for a better chance at gear.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#39
Smellyunder wrote:I love the system of rolling for dg set or any endgame boss drop. U can sit in castle all day and not do any administrative work for clan. U just turn up at endgame boss raid and especially those at 3 am. because u have no life or u can sleep on your job and hence set alarm for such unearthly hour raids. U roll a 100 at the raid. Bingo! You rolled a godly BT helm. Wow! This is awesome! And you have the chief of enigma clan who works his guts out to strategise how to kill BT ( I like toothpick; he is nice, my level one toon pm him on epona and he was kind to respond). But for some reason, his dice always rolled a 1. Too bad. Rolling dice is the best and fairest way to distribute loot. If u r not happy, sorry, u can transfer to arawn to give yourself a dg set as chieftain. Wow this post is so insightful and enlightening! 7 years on arawn and I got all my gears in the wrong way. Wow, just wow.

Rolling isn't the best system, but at least EVERYONE has a chance at doch gul rather than perhaps a general who is more likely to get over a clansman.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

#40
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Chaotic wrote:
LoneHawk wrote:


So Gabee, from how I read this...you have issue with any leader getting DG because of the work they do? Lets see if I can put this in prospective here...I work 40-60 hours a week and also on the weekends raising that number (in real life). I have been the Chief of Braves and spent countless hours doing the job and still maintained an active status in Res. I attend as many dl/edl bosses (with close to if not over 200 a month) and I attend eg bosses. I spend over nearly 40 hours a week playing the game and helping not only Res players, the best way I can, I also help Braves. I work behind the scenes for the clan and enjoy it immensely. Yet, you still want to bash leaders who get these sets..I take this as a personal insult. I am all for clan 100%...are you?? This statement goes for the Leadership of clans, who's members may not understand that we also have real lives and still care enough about our clan..regardless of server.

I agree with Gabee a leader should not be getting geared based on the administrative work they do.


Leading should always be about putting the clan before oneself in every possible opportunity and thinking about the bigger picture, not a shortcut to the best armour and gear in the game. All this does is foster corruption as selfish members seek these positions for a better chance at gear.

+1 @legend, some times the leaders are most active and do the most work that’s y they have really good gear, most of the time it’s people like smellyunder who think they deserve drops, I mean she can be replaced in seconds with a clansman, to lower res corruption levels they need to rotate leadership position between clannies it seems
Image

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shivahh and 30 guests