Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guardians and Generals and Chieftans

Something that often gets overlooked is the time and effort that these people put into their respective clans, strengthening them, keeping them afloat despite griefing or lack of content in game, it Is a tiresome job.

It is a job. It is an unpaid job where you're laboured with collecting drops, taking screenshots, banking items, conducting bids, updating points, creating rules, it can often remove any enjoyment away from the game. These tasks can become ever more tiresome when coupled with rebellious clannies, some that might put their own needs over the clans, or those that are unwilling to get along.

Some may argue that their leaders often get geared before others because of some inner circle or whatnot. I will argue that these people are promoted to the positions because of the activity and loyalty they demonstrated in the first place and of course it should be awarded, albeit not at the expense of clannies who might be more deserving.

Unfortunately there are those that spit on the very foundation of this system and indulge in corruption. It is often difficult to do anything about this as a clannie without compromising your own position in the clan, but one brave voice can be powerful enough to bring down anything.

What are your views on/your guardians and generals and chieftains? How can they perform their roles more effectively according to you? How can corruption at the top be mitigated or completely eradicated?

Do share your candid but civil views on this topic.
I was a general but have demoted myself to clansman due to not having as much time anymore. We base gear off dkp and attendance so there is really no room for bias. If 5 people had the same point for a dg piece then we would either consider best class for the job, or the higher of ranks just due to their extra work. Sadly nuada is dead
Hi

Yes, Avalon is still kicking, but we’re not the dominant clan.

I’ve always seen our officers as people who we can look up to, who we can trust and those that we can show us the way, even if it’s real life troubles. Being an officer does show a symbolic gesture, but not how it had been pointed out in this thread, they get promoted for the hard work they have put into the clan, putting the clannies above all else, but when they’re appoint the position of guardian, it is expected that they retain their sense of activity for the clan.

The DKP side of things, and the thought of the corruption in amongst the officers, there was none. Clansman of our clan often got better gear than the officers themselves. I think everyone knows our system inside and out by now, with Ail’s old posts about DKP :lol: . But everything is freely looked at and if you sense a few missing points or that another member has loads more PR you can check, it’s our own fault for not checking the ep we received if it’s wrong.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

The most often stated rhetoric against Aeon (by ex-Aeon people no less) was "the leadership are corrupt". They tended to be first for EDL, they got DG first, they had amazing gear.. The claim made great propaganda, but not once were the talkers able to back it up.

- every character's attendance at every boss kill was marked with an timestamp and reconciled with LINE attendance posts
- points were automatically calculated, with the active formulas for each player visible to any viewer (minimal human error)
- Google Sheet's change history was yet another check against meddling
- every gear transaction (raid winners, interclan) was recorded
- all of these spreadsheets were openly available for any clannie to check at any time

Aeon's gens put in thousands of hours maintaining pristine bookkeeping with complete transparency, camped/attended thousands of kills (maintaining top spots on leaderboards by huge margins, with the records to back it up), lost rolls for high-end drops on numerous occasions, and passed on superior gear to spread it to other clannies, several of whom went on to baselessly condemn them.

Aeon recently dissolved after a long battle with inactivity... Three years as a leading power on Taranis, with full bank and gear and legislation access, zero instances of corruption or controversy. I doubt I will ever see leadership like that again.
Last edited by Regenleif on Sun May 20, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I’ve been a guard+ in every clan I’ve been in. It’s a job, but that doesn’t mean just because someone is a guard they have always earned it.

I don’t think it’s fair to provide a blanket statement that encompasses all leaders everywhere. I’ve had amazing leaders and I have had garbage leaders. It’s a case by case basis and nothing more.

Happy to say the leaders on gwyd are phenomenal, but I couldn’t speak for any other clan’s leaders.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Legendzz, thank you for your service when you were a Leader. You were a great example for me as I was learning as a clansman. I am honored to be a General in the clan you are in now and I greatly appreciate the kind words. It is a lot of work. It’s a labor of love on my behalf. We have a lot of unique individuals in our clan and each are at different moments in their life. I think some times we forget that on the other side of the character in the game is a person with real struggles. Each person has a story, it is an honor to be trusted with the leadership of people’s escape from real world cares. Thank you to all the leaders that came before me.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

The general thought is that a leader gains more than others. While this can appear to be true and can be exaggerated by extreme cases, I feel that true leaders lose more than they gain (especially in CH :D).
They generally lose the most time (keeping up with drops, people, timers), but can also lose out on other rewards voluntarily for the betterment of others.
philosophical, yes, but it's true. It's just a game, but still...
The reward (for me) is seeing others succeed and, in turn, help others out also. (and you have more people to boss with ideally :D)

I am not going to address corruption in detail: suffice to say that generosity is never universal and there will eventually be those who will take advantage of it, the trick is keeping the positive leaders in place and keeping communication (and honesty) going.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Have a 100% objective system and you eliminate the chance of corruption, all the generals and chiefs do is unrewarded administrative work.

It worked for Chaos.

We had dkp for everything, no votes, no polls, no bias.

I agree on this, there is only two loot distribution that eliminates corruption, dkp and dice roll... if a leader, chief, general, guardian will decide who will get based on their opinion who is deserving, it’s already corruption. Especially when leaders gave dg sets on leaders because they think they deserve to get one after administrative work, like a salary or a reward after a job well done.

So Gabee, from how I read this...you have issue with any leader getting DG because of the work they do? Lets see if I can put this in prospective here...I work 40-60 hours a week and also on the weekends raising that number (in real life). I have been the Chief of Braves and spent countless hours doing the job and still maintained an active status in Res. I attend as many dl/edl bosses (with close to if not over 200 a month) and I attend eg bosses. I spend over nearly 40 hours a week playing the game and helping not only Res players, the best way I can, I also help Braves. I work behind the scenes for the clan and enjoy it immensely. Yet, you still want to bash leaders who get these sets..I take this as a personal insult. I am all for clan 100%...are you?? This statement goes for the Leadership of clans, who's members may not understand that we also have real lives and still care enough about our clan..regardless of server.
Arawn
LoneHawk - Mage - General Resurgence
Korac - Rogue

Have a 100% objective system and you eliminate the chance of corruption, all the generals and chiefs do is unrewarded administrative work.

It worked for Chaos.

We had dkp for everything, no votes, no polls, no bias.

I agree on this, there is only two loot distribution that eliminates corruption, dkp and dice roll... if a leader, chief, general, guardian will decide who will get based on their opinion who is deserving, it’s already corruption. Especially when leaders gave dg sets on leaders because they think they deserve to get one after administrative work, like a salary or a reward after a job well done.

So Gabee, from how I read this...you have issue with any leader getting DG because of the work they do? Lets see if I can put this in prospective here...I work 40-60 hours a week and also on the weekends raising that number (in real life). I have been the Chief of Braves and spent countless hours doing the job and still maintained an active status in Res. I attend as many dl/edl bosses (with close to if not over 200 a month) and I attend eg bosses. I spend over nearly 40 hours a week playing the game and helping not only Res players, the best way I can, I also help Braves. I work behind the scenes for the clan and enjoy it immensely. Yet, you still want to bash leaders who get these sets..I take this as a personal insult. I am all for clan 100%...are you?? This statement goes for the Leadership of clans, who's members may not understand that we also have real lives and still care enough about our clan..regardless of server.
Keep this kind of stuff off the forums please, and especially off a thread that is supposed to be good natured...
This should go without saying, but forum threads are meant to be constructively built and each player is entitled to post their thoughts on an issue so long as it builds constructively on the topic. No one should target a person for their views... if you have an issue with an idea, logically discuss reasons why it may not be the best idea, but don’t ramble at a person. All that will do is start fights and drama... if you have an issue with a clan member just pm them over band, we don’t need to see res’s internal drama on the forums.
I for one left the clan to get away from this stuff, don’t want to have to read it :P thx :)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at