Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#91
alisa.maclucas wrote:
Criminal wrote:Frenzy alone breaks the argument of "warriors arent intended to dps". But this isnt for this topic I guess. Just tried to check the dps offhand because otm claimed the t8 are enough to cover for 20 toons.


Warriors fit into two general categories. A dps style / berserker type and a tank. Both are viable at eg. Not sure what the original poster meant by not intended to be dps. It’s actualy the opposite.


His argument is a twist of my logic.

Chaotic wrote:Druids have dps mainhands/offhands/neck/misc/braces/rings and dg adds lightning strike - dps. Your logic not mine.


Literally ignoring half my point Chaotic, at least twist my words for the sake of petty arguments. Druids are half designed for hybrid (warrior dg - rupture giant swing, druid dg - ls and nt), with most the gear for support (buffs debuffs heals) and a small portion for dps (strike and storm almost nothing for vines, zero end game gear for swarm). While druids also dont have enough dps skills (swarm, vines, storm touch, lightning) and no dps buff (unlike poison wep, sharpen weps, steady aim, frenzy, ice and fire attunes)
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#92
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
ShadowKnight wrote:
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
No need to say this... I can guarantee you that they are watching every second of this chat.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse. OTM is trying to sustain longevity of the game. Having content that abruptly ends and you can’t progress further is what causes the loss of interest and people to leave the game. They have created something sustainable that will take us a lot longer to figure out and kill. Good for OTM for seeing this.

Sheer frustration will kill the game interest faster than a killabke boss.
Time and time again we show otm that we can kill this thing and as a reward they make it harder. Idk about arawn or other servers but epona has a large player base. I imagine that not ever server is like that. This is a numbers boss. I'm sure some servers wont kill bt for a long time simply because they cant gather enough. Just because one server can kill with ease doesnt mean they all can. Otm should punish other servers who cant kill (and those that can) just because arawn and epona har the manpower, strat, and resources to throw at this boss


I agree to an extent. Which is why if you look at previous comments. I challenged Otm to form a marketing campaign to get CH’s name out there and increase the player base. For now this is a challenge for who is “left” on the servers. Arawn should have the numbers, but getting out Offhands to tier 8 in the next challenge. As Otm said it is possible with 40 people and tier 8 offhands. Most of us should have them in 5-6 weeks. So we wait 5-6 weeks to actually down BT... it is what it is.


Not sure if OTM should increase player base, there is enough ppl already in many Servers. Dominant clans just dont care about the rest of the clans. Epona showed us a lot is possible.
Nightmaaarree
Unit & Colours

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#93
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
ShadowKnight wrote:
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
No need to say this... I can guarantee you that they are watching every second of this chat.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse. OTM is trying to sustain longevity of the game. Having content that abruptly ends and you can’t progress further is what causes the loss of interest and people to leave the game. They have created something sustainable that will take us a lot longer to figure out and kill. Good for OTM for seeing this.

Sheer frustration will kill the game interest faster than a killabke boss.
Time and time again we show otm that we can kill this thing and as a reward they make it harder. Idk about arawn or other servers but epona has a large player base. I imagine that not ever server is like that. This is a numbers boss. I'm sure some servers wont kill bt for a long time simply because they cant gather enough. Just because one server can kill with ease doesnt mean they all can. Otm should punish other servers who cant kill (and those that can) just because arawn and epona har the manpower, strat, and resources to throw at this boss


I agree to an extent. Which is why if you look at previous comments. I challenged Otm to form a marketing campaign to get CH’s name out there and increase the player base. For now this is a challenge for who is “left” on the servers. Arawn should have the numbers, but getting out Offhands to tier 8 in the next challenge. As Otm said it is possible with 40 people and tier 8 offhands. Most of us should have them in 5-6 weeks. So we wait 5-6 weeks to actually down BT... it is what it is.


Unless they drastically changed the offhands since beta they do not know the effect they will actually have, we have seen this in all of their recent gear creation, simply a lack of understanding.

Had they not taken feedback on bt drops the game would already be permanently broken.
Last edited by krummy9552 on Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid


Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#94
alisa.maclucas wrote:
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
Beheadeth Crom wrote:No response from OTM, this thread will just be locked and/or ignored. Nice job attempting to give useful feedback ;) never gets us far


No need to say this... I can guarantee you that they are watching every second of this chat.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse. OTM is trying to sustain longevity of the game. Having content that abruptly ends and you can’t progress further is what causes the loss of interest and people to leave the game. They have created something sustainable that will take us a lot longer to figure out and kill. Good for OTM for seeing this.


And this raid is precisely what you describe. This is new eg content but we can’t progress. There isn’t anything to figure out at this point. BT is now a pure dps kill with no strategy required. This isn't sustainable. This is killing your dedicated player base and any new players wanting to progress to end game that join servers that can’t get enough bodies to throw at it.


What do we know about what’s down the pipes? Otm might have something bigger around Corrupted Gardens planned? If it is a sheer DPS kill (which still requires a structured raid and strategy to kill in any raid we do. Including the lower level EG bosses) then so be it. Again, maybe Otm as something bigger? Let’s pin our hopes on that at least. For now, this is a new challenge.
Arawn - General of Resurgence

Gaiboi - Full DG Druid level 221
Paphiopedilum - DL Lock Rogue level 190
Pleurothallis - Mage level 189
Masdevallia - Warrior level 189
Bulbophyllum - Rogue level 99

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#95
With the stacked resists of a tier 8 offhand, players survivability increases on Causticroot's auras.
(Auto-ing whilst venemous thorns is up, the skill Caustic Spray, and the length of time you can remain in a Corrosive Pool)
This alone means less deaths and less 30 second DPS loss from being unable to res again.

The majority of Offhand skills now focus on a burst of divine damage, and new divine damage sources for classes that had none previously, e.g. Warrior.
Additionally these will not overlap on the Rogues DoT, as they use separate classes for Prowesse and Finesse.
This means getting roots down faster, so that all DPS can be focused on the boss.

Finally the character refresh lag issue should now be resolved making raid encounters much smoother.

The encounter will continue to be reviewed as players experience the new changes firsthand.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#96
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
alisa.maclucas wrote:
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
No need to say this... I can guarantee you that they are watching every second of this chat.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse. OTM is trying to sustain longevity of the game. Having content that abruptly ends and you can’t progress further is what causes the loss of interest and people to leave the game. They have created something sustainable that will take us a lot longer to figure out and kill. Good for OTM for seeing this.


And this raid is precisely what you describe. This is new eg content but we can’t progress. There isn’t anything to figure out at this point. BT is now a pure dps kill with no strategy required. This isn't sustainable. This is killing your dedicated player base and any new players wanting to progress to end game that join servers that can’t get enough bodies to throw at it.


What do we know about what’s down the pipes? Otm might have something bigger around Corrupted Gardens planned? If it is a sheer DPS kill (which still requires a structured raid and strategy to kill in any raid we do. Including the lower level EG bosses) then so be it. Again, maybe Otm as something bigger? Let’s pin our hopes on that at least. For now, this is a new challenge.

Why would u put faith in those who fail to execute every raid so far properly? Did u put the same faith in Gele raid when it took half a year to scratch him?
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#97
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
alisa.maclucas wrote:
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
No need to say this... I can guarantee you that they are watching every second of this chat.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse. OTM is trying to sustain longevity of the game. Having content that abruptly ends and you can’t progress further is what causes the loss of interest and people to leave the game. They have created something sustainable that will take us a lot longer to figure out and kill. Good for OTM for seeing this.


And this raid is precisely what you describe. This is new eg content but we can’t progress. There isn’t anything to figure out at this point. BT is now a pure dps kill with no strategy required. This isn't sustainable. This is killing your dedicated player base and any new players wanting to progress to end game that join servers that can’t get enough bodies to throw at it.


What do we know about what’s down the pipes? Otm might have something bigger around Corrupted Gardens planned? If it is a sheer DPS kill (which still requires a structured raid and strategy to kill in any raid we do. Including the lower level EG bosses) then so be it. Again, maybe Otm as something bigger? Let’s pin our hopes on that at least. For now, this is a new challenge.


How are they going to progress when they already crippled themselves by writing damage formulas that are at their limits of effectiveness, and now killing off every small server in the game by buffing a boss to require numbers they they can never possibly muster.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid


Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#98
Muldar wrote:With the stacked resists of a tier 8 offhand, players survivability increases on Causticroot's auras.
(Auto-ing whilst venemous thorns is up, the skill Caustic Spray, and the length of time you can remain in a Corrosive Pool)
This alone means less deaths and less 30 second DPS loss from being unable to res again.

The majority of Offhand skills now focus on a burst of divine damage, and new divine damage sources for classes that had none previously, e.g. Warrior.
Additionally these will not overlap on the Rogues DoT, as they use separate classes for Prowesse and Finesse.
This means getting roots down faster, so that all DPS can be focused on the boss.

Finally the character refresh lag issue should now be resolved making raid encounters much smoother.

The encounter will continue to be reviewed as players experience the new changes firsthand.

It’s not a big increase in dps. People will still die. I die a lot during bt raids we’ve attempted and so do some ppl who already have t8 offhands. I’d even say they die more than me.

For a clan that has like 10 dg sets this shouldn’t be hard.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger


Image


._.

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#99
I didn't know "you won't have to spam idols as much" was a huge increase of dps. We shouldn't even have to spam idols, or at least we should have a way to avoid it.
World : Lugh
Clan: Pegasus
Istael : druid lvl 221
Zeto : rogue lvl 223
Istalrì : mage lvl 213

World: Sulis
Clan: Retribution
Guppy: warrior lvl 220
Hotu: ranger lvl 220
Ryujin: mage lvl 220
Istael: druid lvl 220
Xisuthros: warrior lvl 220

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

#100
YourNightmare wrote:
EmeraldThumbGaiboi wrote:
ShadowKnight wrote:Sheer frustration will kill the game interest faster than a killabke boss.
Time and time again we show otm that we can kill this thing and as a reward they make it harder. Idk about arawn or other servers but epona has a large player base. I imagine that not ever server is like that. This is a numbers boss. I'm sure some servers wont kill bt for a long time simply because they cant gather enough. Just because one server can kill with ease doesnt mean they all can. Otm should punish other servers who cant kill (and those that can) just because arawn and epona har the manpower, strat, and resources to throw at this boss


I agree to an extent. Which is why if you look at previous comments. I challenged Otm to form a marketing campaign to get CH’s name out there and increase the player base. For now this is a challenge for who is “left” on the servers. Arawn should have the numbers, but getting out Offhands to tier 8 in the next challenge. As Otm said it is possible with 40 people and tier 8 offhands. Most of us should have them in 5-6 weeks. So we wait 5-6 weeks to actually down BT... it is what it is.


Not sure if OTM should increase player base, there is enough ppl already in many Servers. Dominant clans just dont care about the rest of the clans. Epona showed us a lot is possible.


I feel an increased player base would be beneficial. I actually miss the days when comp clans such as yourself night we’re outlocking us on EG such as Mordy. The rush of waking up at 3am to go running down the Carrow halls to attempt to outlock was thrilling. Not to mention when we did lose a lock, it just made our clan that much stronger together to want to focus harder to ensure we win the next round.

More people equals more comp, equals more opportunity.

More competition clans or larger comp clans would be ideal. I would love to see someone trying to outlock us at Gelebron. Just makes thing that much more interesting...
Arawn - General of Resurgence

Gaiboi - Full DG Druid level 221
Paphiopedilum - DL Lock Rogue level 190
Pleurothallis - Mage level 189
Masdevallia - Warrior level 189
Bulbophyllum - Rogue level 99

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests