Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New way of trade: payment in installments

Also if you quit, CH will take gold from your acc. If you don’t have gold, the items will be automatically returned to the seller and you will not get a refund of your payments. For this reason I said that the first payment is immediately, in this way the seller will not lose his time. If the buyer don’t pay the 2nd payment, the seller will get back his items and will keep the gold of the first payment.
You can’t decide if to pay or not, it will be automatically. If you have gold, CH will send the gold, if you don’t have it, CH will send back the items to the seller. All automatically, in this way none can scam.
Well this way, I could say, hmm i wanna sell my lux quiver for 2 million, make an alt, sell it to them and promise to pay it back to yourself, and mot pay it back and delete the toon. Basically creating currency that never existed and scamming the system. Personally i would love this, but there's too many possible ways something could go wrong that i dont think it's feasible.
When you delete a toon, you are not deleting it definitely. And they can add a feature that when you delete a toon that have payments in installments, CH will send back the items to the seller. There is not a way to scam and if someone find a way, it can be fixed easy.
So what Would stop me from making a completely new account, going and trading my main, and "promising" to pay my main back from that toom on a different account and do some crazy amount, because i know i wont have to pay it but I'll still get that amount i wanted, nothing would stop us from doing that, and it would be abused.. that's what im saying and I honestly dont see how that could be avoided with a system where if the player quits that they will still get paid, but to prevent scams, a system like that would have to be implemented. So basically were scamming OTM instead of players this way. So its either, have sellers insurance from otm, and risk players lying and buying from fake alts, or risk players not getting paid back. I dont think this would work.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Well this way, I could say, hmm i wanna sell my lux quiver for 2 million, make an alt, sell it to them and promise to pay it back to yourself, and mot pay it back and delete the toon. Basically creating currency that never existed and scamming the system. Personally i would love this, but there's too many possible ways something could go wrong that i dont think it's feasible.
When you delete a toon, you are not deleting it definitely. And they can add a feature that when you delete a toon that have payments in installments, CH will send back the items to the seller. There is not a way to scam and if someone find a way, it can be fixed easy.
So what Would stop me from making a completely new account, going and trading my main, and "promising" to pay my main back from that toom on a different account and do some crazy amount, because i know i wont have to pay it but I'll still get that amount i wanted, nothing would stop us from doing that, and it would be abused.. that's what im saying and I honestly dont see how that could be avoided with a system where if the player quits that they will still get paid, but to prevent scams, a system like that would have to be implemented. So basically were scamming OTM instead of players this way. So its either, have sellers insurance from otm, and risk players lying and buying from fake alts, or risk players not getting paid back. I dont think this would work.
You have to pay the first payment at the end of the trade and you can’t go in “negative”. You can create how many toons you want, if they can’t pay the first payment they can’t do a payment in installments. And as I said, you can’t go for example -300k gold. Also if you do a payment in installments with your toon, they gold that you used on your toon will go back to you. If your toon has 20k gold and the first payment is 70k, the trade will be cancelled.
Druid: BrandonHeath 185, Epona
Druid: BrandonHeath 222, Crom
Mage: Brandon Hage 172, Crom
Warrior: Brandon Heat 115, Crom
Rogue: Brandon Hogue 106, Crom
Ranger: Brandon Hanger 23, Crom

It's an interesting idea. I don't know that it's feasible with the current way trading is done in the code. There are def. a number of ways this could be exploited and the additional measure it would take to prevent it make it hard to pitch. For example, what stops a player from trading off that item to another player. We'd have to add in a system to lock down the item until the payments are complete. Possibly limiting the amount of time and "installments" could make that easier to pitch, but it would def. be a lot additional work.

Interested to see how and where y'all take this idea though.

It's an interesting idea. I don't know that it's feasible with the current way trading is done in the code. There are def. a number of ways this could be exploited and the additional measure it would take to prevent it make it hard to pitch. For example, what stops a player from trading off that item to another player. We'd have to add in a system to lock down the item until the payments are complete. Possibly limiting the amount of time and "installments" could make that easier to pitch, but it would def. be a lot additional work.

Interested to see how and where y'all take this idea though.
I’m not against this idea, but I think time would be better spent on improving the current trade system first by implementing a loan feature that locks items to a player and will automatically be returned to the original owner to help prevent scams. (And yes I know, don’t loan items and you’ll never get scammed ..but several are too trusting and get taken advantage of no matter how many times it’s said.)
When it comes to new additions - above all else I hope Y’all prioritize an official clan banking system this year.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I’m not against this idea, but I think time would be better spent on improving the current trade system first by implementing a loan feature that locks items to a player and will automatically be returned to the original owner to help prevent scams. (And yes I know, don’t loan items and you’ll never get scammed ..but several are too trusting and get taken advantage of no matter how many times it’s said.)
When it comes to new additions - above all else I hope Y’all prioritize an official clan banking system this year.
We've been discussing the clan bank system further in office and made a small design prototype of how the system would work.
While it has yet to be signed off hopefully it gains some traction this year.
A loaning feature has been submitted as a feature request ticket but would most likely be secondary to a fully functioning clan bank system.