Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Early Game Motivation

I've been struggling to stay interested in the process of leveling as its always the part I don't like in mmos. I love bossing and would love to experience endgame someday but it feels like I hit this wall that is the 70+ before frozen range as a f2p (Spending money on plat for lixes and lux is just not a smart option for me right now because of irl expenses). My main is a druid which might be part of it as I am just not enjoying the experience that is solo leveling a druid but again I enjoy bossing. I made a war alt which is a nice change of pace but I know I'll hit that wall again after he levels a bit. I love the community in this game and have met some great people since coming back but I'm really struggling to stay on the grind, in conclusion I'm curious for peoples ideas or thoughts on what you think would keep me interested more or what worked for you.
Gwydion: level 48+ Rogue- BarefootSage (semi-active)
Arawn: level 77+ Druid: BarefootSage(inactive)
level 20+ Warrior: FlipFlopSage(inactive)
Water hurts when you face plant at 40+ mph

Re: Early Game Motivation

I feel like the game starts getting tough as you progress if you don't spend any money. If you have a clan willing to help you it shouldn't be much of an issue though.

My motivation to stay in the game is knowing how important I am to my clan. Right now I am one of the only tanks in my clan so I continue leveling and playing so I can help benefit myself and other clan members so we can eventually move on to EG.

This may not be the same for you, though. Don't let the walls demotivate you, just keep going and eventually you'll benefit in the end.
Lir
Tanker Baby - 213 Warrior (Guardian of The High Five)
Stubbz - 136 Druid
Sneaky Baby - 107 Rogue
Sniper Baby - ?? Ranger

Morrigan
Sneaky Baby - 50 Rogue

Epona
Tanker Baby - ?? Warrior

You can always gather cooking materials in lirs reach and sell them on auction house to exchange for sigils. People always need oats, barley, and wheat... and there are always sigils for sale on AH.

Just a thought so you can enjoy some premium items without swiping a credit apple.

When I first started out they didn't have all these fancy bounties or the apparently useful new questline that i never followed.
Since it's a f2p game the little things count and it's all up to the players motivation to do those things, it's good to think about the future but you're still in the present so gotta build up to endgame.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

When I first started out they didn't have all these fancy bounties or the apparently useful new questline that i never followed.
Since it's a f2p game the little things count and it's all up to the players motivation to do those things, it's good to think about the future but you're still in the present so gotta build up to endgame.
I've been levelling a new Warrior lately and the beginning quests are much better than they were back in 2013. But once you reach Carrow you're back on a long, slow grind that makes you want to die.

At least Gardens is giving us more variation
Would you kindly?

Playing f2p works very well up until the other world quest line ends. After that the game starts to take a slope downwards and it gets steeper and steeper the further you progress. Hopefully otm adds more quests after the other world quest line to even out that slope, because the amount of grinding required to reach 220 is ridiculous and would be much better with quests
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Playing f2p works very well up until the other world quest line ends. After that the game starts to take a slope downwards and it gets steeper and steeper the further you progress. Hopefully otm adds more quests after the other world quest line to even out that slope, because the amount of grinding required to reach 220 is ridiculous and would be much better with quests
The game is actually a lot like the classic MMO's from back in the day. Back then you had to grind and grind and grind, but it was fun cos you got drops and stuff like that.

Celtic is actually doing a great job and I'm very pleased with the game. Yeah, sometimes it sucks that I can't level every time I log on, but mindless farming has been an MMO staple forever haha.

Players just don't have patience anymore, and they say that since this is a mobile game we shouldn't have to grind forever. I disagree, mobile gaming is a great platform for MMO's and once the hardware gets good enough it may even replace or be be on par with standard Mmo's graphics wise and in scope.
Would you kindly?

The game is actually a lot like the classic MMO's from back in the day. Back then you had to grind and grind and grind, but it was fun cos you got drops and stuff like that.

Celtic is actually doing a great job and I'm very pleased with the game. Yeah, sometimes it sucks that I can't level every time I log on, but mindless farming has been an MMO staple forever haha.

Players just don't have patience anymore, and they say that since this is a mobile game we shouldn't have to grind forever. I disagree, mobile gaming is a great platform for MMO's and once the hardware gets good enough it may even replace or be be on par with standard Mmo's graphics wise and in scope.
My biggest issue with this game is the *** tiny areas we are forced to level in... especially in the tower. I’ve never been a fan of group leveling as I like to go at my own pace, but lvling solo in the tower is soooooooo bad, especially as a ranger. Always having to spam pots because the mobs are so damn strong and always getting gangbanged by multiple mobs because the place is so damn small. At least the rooms in carrow are a bit easier, but it’s still pretty bad.

I wanna level so bad, but I don’t have the motivation anymore especially now that otm failed to bring a true 180-220 zone in the Gardens. The tower is the only reason I can’t enjoy this game fully
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge