Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: caviar debuff

Bara is the easy road to take, kind of like solo players buying shop lux, it should be costly to go down that path. The current balance is off because killing cook bosses actually requires some effort and the payoff is minimal. I made a post about this in F&S not long ago; baras should add 50 piercing damage. Before anyone quotes me and justifies this by saying how difficult it is to make baras, no it is not, i cook a lot and it is easy. Pierce damage rings were removed for being OP, this is not that different AND casters have no equivalent recipe. Do the right thing here OTM, bring some balance to cooking.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Bara is the easy road to take, kind of like solo players buying shop lux, it should be costly to go down that path. The current balance is off because killing cook bosses actually requires some effort and the payoff is minimal. I made a post about this in F&S not long ago; baras should add 50 piercing damage. Before anyone quotes me and justifies this by saying how difficult it is to make baras, no it is not, i cook a lot and it is easy. Pierce damage rings were removed for being OP, this is not that different AND casters have no equivalent recipe. Do the right thing here OTM, bring some balance to cooking.
Didn't realise people wanted to spend more plat on raids
Hi

I agree both bara and cav are fine as is. You can’t forget that cav is far superior to bara dps-wise because of the boost it gives to dex, especially in exquisite and perfected forms. Even if the pierce the dmg is only a few off between the two, the buff to dex that cav offers more than makes up for it imo, and makes bara a decent alternative or a nice option for lixing/leveling.

I don’t think cav needs a buff or that bara needs a nerf, but I do think casters could use some type of food that is more specific to them and their damage/heals other than focus boosts and resists. They could also do with adding another recipe or two for slash/crush dmg food that’s on par with bara imo. I also agree that cook bosses should have 3 guaranteed drops, possibly adding in the fash tokens to the loot tables would be nice, even at a rare drop rate it would be better than this daily crap they’ve stuck us with where you’re lucky to get even one token in 3 weeks.
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||

I agree both bara and cav are fine as is. You can’t forget that cav is far superior to bara dps-wise because of the boost it gives to dex, especially in exquisite and perfected forms. Even if the pierce the dmg is only a few off between the two, the buff to dex that cav offers more than makes up for it imo, and makes bara a decent alternative or a nice option for lixing/leveling.

I don’t think cav needs a buff or that bara needs a nerf, but I do think casters could use some type of food that is more specific to them and their damage/heals other than focus boosts and resists. They could also do with adding another recipe or two for slash/crush dmg food that’s on par with bara imo. I also agree that cook bosses should have 3 guaranteed drops, possibly adding in the fash tokens to the loot tables would be nice, even at a rare drop rate it would be better than this daily crap they’ve stuck us with where you’re lucky to get even one token in 3 weeks.
240 dex would increase a rogue or rangers dps at endgame by 2% max. It is nowhere close to being far superior, i can see how a 176 ranger would see that and think its good but it is not. Just look at that one person in this thread who said he made 80 baras in a few days. That is enough for the average endgame player to use these at every legit boss for a few weeks at least, no different really from equipping one of those pierce damage rings that were removed for being OP.

Farm the cook bosses for 2 hours and you won't even gather enough ingredients to make 1/8 of that number of caviar. Now if a clan wanted to farm cook bosses to have a supply of these then that i can accept because it requires effort, but being able to make almost equivalent food, while afk watching netflix, is broken.

Yea I can easily farm as many baras I want, whenever I want. I have a super large supply of baras and I’m even saying that they are a bit broken. Caviars are a little more understandable, but both give a broken amount of pierce dmg... (the amount of dmg it boosts is way too much especially since it can match or even out dps good raid gear... food can out dps gear that can take ages to get... get that in your mind lol)
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I have 1.3k str. Having bara brith would increase my dmg by 900 dmg compared to my dmg without food, something that I can get by adding 3107 strength. This means that bara brith gives you 3107 stat points.

Caviar gives me 950 more damage compared to my damage without food, which I can get by 3367 strength. It also gives 240 dex, meaning that caviar gives 3607 stat points.

This means that caviar gives 16% more stats than bara brith. Caviar takes more than 10x more time to make since you need to farm a lot with more than one toon, the time farming multiplies up to be more than bara brith. Having a 16% increase in stats given is just too little for the amount of time farming.

And this is when I have 1.3k strength. Having more closes the gap between bara brith and caviar even more since the piercing damage scales off of strength.

I’m not saying to buff caviar. I’m saying that bara brith has to be nerfed because right now they are way too broken and the stats given by caviar and bara brith are too close.
Last edited by Dark Kitty on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

@Kitty its actually <100 or so damage difference (4 pierce and 240 dex boost to steady/sharpen or a rogues p wep). I think you mean you went from 900 to 950 using a caviar over bara? So farming caviar is even less rewarding than your post suggests, but good one nonetheless ;)

Bottom line is: Baras are broken and should not be this easy to obtain

@Kitty its actually <100 or so damage difference (4 pierce and 240 dex boost to steady/sharpen or a rogues p wep). I think you mean you went from 900 to 950 using a caviar over bara? So farming caviar is even less rewarding than your post suggests, but good one nonetheless ;)

Bottom line is: Baras are broken and should not be this easy to obtain
Yep that’s what I was trying to say. I fixed it so meaning becomes clearer.
Cheers
Last edited by Dark Kitty on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

By far superior I mean given the choice between the two, everyone would choose that dex boost over the health regen. Even if it isn’t an op boost, it doesn’t really need to be. It’s still a desirable boost

. Like I said, I think Bara is a fair alternative to caviar, which isn’t as easily made, but is more desirable for that dex. Bara does require effort. Sure, you can make as many as you want, but it takes effort to farm at least one of the ingredients for fruitcake. You also need to cook the fruitcakes to get the exquisites (keep in mind you need to have at least a half decent mastery to get a somewhat decent return on them, so if you dont have that already, you go back and grind mastery to a decent amount), and then cook those in turn. It isn’t cheap, and it is time consuming, especially if you’re not just cooking them for your own use, but to provide to others or clannies.

It’s just as much time and effort as farming the cook bosses for a recipe and ingredients, but more productive as far as how many you can produce and more costly, and still not as good as the cav, but a decent and on par alternative. To me they even out. That’s my opinion. To each their own, but personally I don’t see it as broken. I see it as equal opportunity between the two. Perhaps it would be different if Cook bosses could be done solo, or if they were giving a guaranteed 3 drops, so you have a better stock of ingredients all around for the boss recipes, meaning you’re able to make a decent amount of them, but since that’s not the case, it’s harder to produce those particular foods. If you could produce the same amount of cav and bara, then yes, I would see it as broken, but in its current state, I don’t.

The part that is broken to me is that it’s the only food that does this. Of all the cook boss recipes, cav is the only one to have a decent (albeit time consuming and expensive) alternative. I suppose some of the fish recipes could be decent alternatives to some of the others, but not as decent as bara is for cav. And the recipes I’m assuming are directed at casters are just sad compared to what dps and tanks get for recipes from the bosses, much less the options for them below that.
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||