Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New Welcome Post! Feedback Appreciated!

Hey Heroes,

With the influx of new faces to the forum this year I've been working on a welcome post and general FAQ to get our new community members started!
(Sorry we have been a bit heavy with rules and regulation posts recently)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96135#p758123

I'll be adding more content over the next few days but I would love to get the communities suggestions on additional topics to be covered.
Let me know below if there are any further subjects you would like answered in the post and I'll see what I can do about adding them!

Thanks
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Re: New Welcome Post! Feedback Appreciated!

Looks good! Hopefully this'll make the workload more streamlined. :D

Maybe link to a guide about navigating the User Control-Panel.
Maybe link to a guide describing PM's in more detail (inbox/outbox/sent/drafts).
Maybe add a Misc FAQ about general double plat times.
Under roles add links.
Also, the "I've been banned" Q&A seems to make the assumption that everyone should appeal the ban...
The pronoun "i" in the guides Q&A isn't capitalized. (and shouldn't it be "can I" rather than "i can"?)

hope this is helpful ; )

Lugh: -Pegasus-
Mindreader - W
Doge Dandolo - D
CH on discord
CH database
Bitey's Guide
Free Plat
CrazyMae wrote:May your farts be sulfurous, personally offensive and unrelenting, only subsiding within my divine presence.

Mind wrote:Looks good! Hopefully this'll make the workload more streamlined. :D

Maybe link to a guide about navigating the User Control-Panel.
Maybe link to a guide describing PM's in more detail (inbox/outbox/sent/drafts).
Maybe add a Misc FAQ about general double plat times.
Under roles add links.
Also, the "I've been banned" Q&A seems to make the assumption that everyone should appeal the ban...
The pronoun "i" in the guides Q&A isn't capitalized. (and shouldn't it be "can I" rather than "i can"?)

hope this is helpful ; )

Very helpful, super appreciated!

I've added in most of your post but I'll work on the UCP stuff this week :)
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Great idea to have a welcome post. Standard fare and you did a good job hitting all the highlights. With the minor grammatical change noted earlier, I think you’ve got it.

You may want to add that support tickets are processed as quickly as possible, but cannot always be addressed within “X” amount of time, depending upon the complexity of the request so people don’t expect a response immediately.

:) Kes
theKestrel of Dal Riata, Morrigan, et al

Great welcome message Muldar! I found some grammatical errors, and especially for new players it is best to maintain a level of professionalism.

I would suggest checking through these excerpts for grammar mistakes.

The Celtic Heroes forum is our official hub for all things Celtic Heroes.

Top right of the page beside your user avatar will be a magnifying glass, tap this and the search drop down appears.

Top right of the page beside your user avatar will be a magnifying glass, tap this and the search drop down appears.

Veteran heroes with a wealth of knowledge they have helped the community endlessly and are greatly valued by the team.

A lexicon of knowledge, Biteys (should be Bitey’s) website Celtic Heroes Tavern covers every subject imaginable.

The first thing to do is submit an in-game Support Ticket, found by tapping the Support tab in-game, Support Tickets are directly linked to your account and are generally resolved faster than via the forums.

When is Celtic Heroes (should be Heroes’s or Heroes’ depending on your preference) birthday?

New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions? | L'oiseau et l'enfant

Dark Kitty wrote:Great welcome message Muldar! I found some grammatical errors, and especially for new players it is best to maintain a level of professionalism.

I would suggest checking through these excerpts for grammar mistakes.

The Celtic Heroes forum is our official hub for all things Celtic Heroes.

Veteran heroes with a wealth of knowledge they have helped the community endlessly and are greatly valued by the team.

A lexicon of knowledge, Biteys (should be Bitey’s) website Celtic Heroes Tavern covers every subject imaginable.

The first thing to do is submit an in-game Support Ticket, found by tapping the Support tab in-game, Support Tickets are directly linked to your account and are generally resolved faster than via the forums.

When is Celtic Heroes (should be Heroes’s or Heroes’ depending on your preference) birthday?

I'm the poor sap Muldar roped into proofreading this post. It seems I've shamefully missed out apostrophes in points #5 + #7, and the comma missing from #4, so cheers for catching those (the beautiful Scottish sun must have been in my eyes!).

The comma in fragments #2 and #3 is a matter of personal preference. It works with either, and I felt it had a much stronger flow with the comma instead of the full stop. #6 appears to have just been a typo however, easy mistake to fix!

Not really sure what the issue is with fragment #1, looks solid to me!

Thanks for the comprehensive response!
Member of the Design Team!