Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Moving Characters to Separate Accounts

Account splitting has been requested by players a few times in the past but it is a feature we are unlikely to implement.
The "Account Stealing" as discussed in the thread is less of an issue as there would naturally be logging and security measures, account selling / gifting however would be a massive issue.
Overall Supports workload would increase not only because you have massively increased the overall total number of accounts but now those daring enough would have an avenue to offload characters they no longer need.
Additionally a new system would have to be created by our Programming Team to allow this function and have the necessary tracking methods.

It is unlikely to happen at this time but we are always listening to feedback regarding this feature.
There is the possibility to merge accounts? 4-5 years ago it was hard to get free plat, then I had to create 3 accounts to play 5 characters. About 1 year ago you added a new way to get free plat(Fyber) and I bought with that plat extra character slots. Now on my main account ive my druid, my warrior and 3 free space. I have my rogue and my mage on another account and my ranger on another account. It is possible to merge the accounts where ive rogue, mage and ranger to my main account(where there is my druid, warrior and 3 free space)?

Edit: nvm, I will not be able to dual if I merge my accounts.
Last edited by BrandonHeath on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Druid: BrandonHeath 185, Epona
Druid: BrandonHeath 222, Crom
Mage: Brandon Hage 172, Crom
Warrior: Brandon Heat 115, Crom
Rogue: Brandon Hogue 106, Crom
Ranger: Brandon Hanger 23, Crom

Account splitting has been requested by players a few times in the past but it is a feature we are unlikely to implement.
Isn’t allowing two devices to log into two different characters on the same account a reasonable concession?

There’s currently literally 0 point in buying / using multiple character slots other than penalise yourself if you ever want to dual log.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

The "Account Stealing" as discussed in the thread is less of an issue as there would naturally be logging and security measures, account selling / gifting however would be a massive issue.
Overall Supports workload would increase not only because you have massively increased the overall total number of accounts but now those daring enough would have an avenue to offload characters they no longer need.
Additionally a new system would have to be created by our Programming Team to allow this function and have the necessary tracking methods.

It is unlikely to happen at this time but we are always listening to feedback regarding this feature.
At the risk of being accused of derailing, I'd much rather the limited resources go into implementing a true clan bank system rather than this when you can create as many accounts (and pl yourself) as your heart desires. Just my $.02.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Isn’t allowing two devices to log into two different characters on the same account a reasonable concession?

There’s currently literally 0 point in buying / using multiple character slots other than penalise yourself if you ever want to dual log.
An interesting question.

So, we've actually put in additional steps (on top of what was there previously) to prevent this. Back in...2016...we had an issue with a modified client logging multiple toons at once.
While this seems like a minor thing, due to the way the server handles network traffic and store requests specifically on iOS it caused a whole host of problems. (I'm pretty sure that was another late night in the office)

I have discussed the ability to do so with the team but it would require a major upgrade to the network code before it could be done.

At the risk of being accused of derailing, I'd much rather the limited resources go into implementing a true clan bank system rather than this when you can create as many accounts (and pl yourself) as your heart desires. Just my $.02.
Same :)

Why not go to the root of why people want to create seperate accounts and request that you can log multiple toons at once on the same account?
This.
This is what we need lol.
Can't even tell you guys how many accounts I've simply forgotten their username. I've played since 2011 and I started when I was 12 so obviously I have a lot of accounts unfortunately. :?
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

I know this has been posted before, but I would like to request OTM implement moving characters from the same account to separate accounts. I understand it takes some work/ manual inputting on OTM part, but if they charge plat to offset the cost, this should be something that can be done.

Something as simple as just creating a toon at the same level and just giving/equipping them with the armour quest they have completed would be progress IMO. If I knew I could have my level 204 toon with the dl armour and weapon I have earned, I would be totally satisfied and willing to re-purchase my hotbars and sigils again.

Somehow this issue can be addressed to satisfy both the players and pay for the programming work of OTM. 100 plat seems like a fair charge IMO.
Or they could just do what Neverwinter does. Be able to trade gold for plat and vice versa with a fee attached. That would at least allow one to not have a ton of stuff they wont ever use again on a server be tradeable for gold. Then trade the gold for plat.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.