Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Moving Characters to Separate Accounts

I know this has been posted before, but I would like to request OTM implement moving characters from the same account to separate accounts. I understand it takes some work/ manual inputting on OTM part, but if they charge plat to offset the cost, this should be something that can be done.

Something as simple as just creating a toon at the same level and just giving/equipping them with the armour quest they have completed would be progress IMO. If I knew I could have my level 204 toon with the dl armour and weapon I have earned, I would be totally satisfied and willing to re-purchase my hotbars and sigils again.

Somehow this issue can be addressed to satisfy both the players and pay for the programming work of OTM. 100 plat seems like a fair charge IMO.
Level 223 Warrior
Level 220 Druid

Re: Moving Characters to Separate Accounts

it’s not a matter of difficulty on OTM’s side. The main reason it’s not available in the game is because of the issues with account trading/sharing (take a look at one of the dozens of topics on this issue). Support is already having issues with people sharing and trading accounts and getting scammed...imagine how many issues would crop up if people could literally steal characters.

While I agree it would be nice to have that option (I have a higher level druid on my main ranger’s account), it wouldn’t really be worth it, the number of people misusing it would far outweigh the people who it would be good for.

And if you got multiple characters on the same account over 200 without anyone advising against it, then that’s really too bad...
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I asked Muldar this same question. He said it was unlikely, but I'll let him state his reasons... :)

I disagree that it would be a fraud issue, however. I don't think people would be able to "steal" characters.

I do think it would be a great option for those of us who weren't dual boxing when we started but learned that skill later in life... :D

I agree with moving characters to separate accounts. I don't see how accounts can be stolen this way. Why should we waste platinum on character slots when we can just create another account with the toon?

Another fix is to allow any number of devices to be able to log on the same account. However, two devices can't log on the same character.

it’s not a matter of difficulty on OTM’s side. The main reason it’s not available in the game is because of the issues with account trading/sharing (take a look at one of the dozens of topics on this issue). Support is already having issues with people sharing and trading accounts and getting scammed...imagine how many issues would crop up if people could literally steal characters.

While I agree it would be nice to have that option (I have a higher level druid on my main ranger’s account), it wouldn’t really be worth it, the number of people misusing it would far outweigh the people who it would be good for.

And if you got multiple characters on the same account over 200 without anyone advising against it, then that’s really too bad...
+1 there have been instances where people have retrieved accounts that don't belong to them and took the gear blah blah...
Account stealing is a possibility and if this gets implemented then impersonation will become an even bigger issue than it currently is.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

+1 there have been instances where people have retrieved accounts that don't belong to them and took the gear blah blah...
Account stealing is a possibility and if this gets implemented then impersonation will become an even bigger issue than it currently is.

Simple fix, don’t make the move immediate. Have it take a week to go into effect. Plenty of time for the real owner to get control of his account.

Simple fix, don’t make the move immediate. Have it take a week to go into effect. Plenty of time for the real owner to get control of his account.
My bad, shoulda made my point clear. Retrieved accounts of old players who have quit.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

My bad, shoulda made my point clear. Retrieved accounts of old players who have quit.
In that case it doesnt matter if you could steal the account and move it because it still wouldn’t stop them from using/taking its gear. You think OTM won’t know its source account once moved? Nope, it will have maybe an extension from the account you moved it to.

You log on your account, and you’re like hey! Wheres my toon? Maybe it would even say in the old account where it was moved to. Or you message support and ask them. Then fixed.

Either way if they recover the account it doesn’t matter if its moved or not its still stolen technically. Its old trace will obviously not be errased itll still be there.

Account splitting has been requested by players a few times in the past but it is a feature we are unlikely to implement.
The "Account Stealing" as discussed in the thread is less of an issue as there would naturally be logging and security measures, account selling / gifting however would be a massive issue.
Overall Supports workload would increase not only because you have massively increased the overall total number of accounts but now those daring enough would have an avenue to offload characters they no longer need.
Additionally a new system would have to be created by our Programming Team to allow this function and have the necessary tracking methods.

It is unlikely to happen at this time but we are always listening to feedback regarding this feature.