Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Will the Frozen / DL Bottleneck be addressed?

Arawn outside whatever bubble bob described does not have it so easy with dl weapons or sets
Sigh... armor is not same as weapons. Armor drops do drop very often, maybe only exception is horns but even then they drop often enough to usually keep up with rogues... Liv was talking about armor
You quoted me and missed reading half my post somehow. Might consider having some coffee.
Hey everybody.

Thanks a lot for all of your latest feedback on this issue.

I've taken a good look at what can be done to ease the bottleneck with the Frozen Armour Quests and will hopefully be able to action my changes for the Corrupted Gardens update, if not then in the following update.

I currently have not looked at any other armour quest lines as we are busy finishing off the Corrupted Gardens, but I will do my best to take a look and see what can be done in the coming weeks as time allows.

Thanks a lot and keep the feedback coming :)
Thank you for taking our feedback into account. :) Hopefully DL will be given some attention soon as well.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

Sigh... armor is not same as weapons. Armor drops do drop very often, maybe only exception is horns but even then they drop often enough to usually keep up with rogues... Liv was talking about armor and she is wrong to say DL armor drop rates are way too low.
Arawn outside whatever bubble bob described does not have it so easy with dl weapons or sets.
She never said anything among those lines. Merely implying that you were exaggerating the drop rate on your server.
As for contradicting myself, I admitted small bottlenecks exist pretty much every time, except for dL armor, all my alts have edl/dL depending upon their level, my warrior even has dL weapons :3

Good for you that your alts have dl/edl weapons, so have all my toons except for my locker rogue. But the fact that there is still a long line behind me of 220's without a level 175 req Dragonlord weapon makes me sad. How messed up is it that at 220 you still have to camp a 180 boss for several months, for some years now, and that there is still no guarantee they will get theirs anytime soon.
This small bottleneck is the only difficulty in the entire game, so even if it means I probably won’t get dL weapons on my rogue anytime soon, if it makes the game somewhat interesting, then keep it I guess.
This bottleneck does not keep the game 'interesting'. It's a terribly boring thing to after doing it for a few years now. It feels like a chore and it actually makes people quit, because for some there is no hope of ever getting one. I want to play this game for fun, not to just do some extra chore day in day out. Also makes me wonder, if this is what keeps the game 'somewhat interesting', how come you announced several times now that the game is too boring and that you quit because of that?
listed a bunch of ways I’d much rather see difficulty occur in a game, hell the current way CH is built is why I don’t really ever log anymore... all I’m saying is:
1) DL armor (different than weapons smh...) has no bottleneck, if you have problems getting dL armor that is solely due to how often your clan is locking and killing the bosses, or distribution
2) weapons have a small bottleneck, but are not essential to game play, but a certain number of them are required for EG bossing, thus the small bottleneck adds difficulty.
3) a revamp to put difficulty into leveling (with appropriate horizontal content at each level range) and EG bossing would be a lot better, but Muldar said no revamps like this are likely to happen.
4) frozen bottleneck could probably be readjusted by making more orbs drop, and maybe a guaranteed drop from 4*s as the bottleneck here has become slightly worse due to player number increase
5) I stand by that a decent number of crowns drop a month. 8 per month isn’t awful, and that’s just what I see dropping, may be more. This isn’t per clan but rather per server. No matter what OTM does if you can’t lock the bosses, you won’t see really any more crowns... only way to fix that would be if OTM made DL purely level based and required no small difficulty of locking the bosses.
1) this is something you clearly misread...
2)weapons are not essential to the gameplay? I would love to see a full group of rangers without dl/edl weapons do a lock battle against a full edl/dl ranger group. I think you can already guess the outcome? Try to beat rage of end-game bosses with no dl/weapons present. Fact is that to kill raid bosses, you will need DL weapons at least.
3)That would be nice. They could do this by just expanding the story questline from otherworld to end game.
4)I think that adjusting spawn timers would be more consistent with the spawn timers of other armour bosses. It's strange that a frozen boss has a longer spawn timer than a DL or EDL boss.
5) 8 per month for
As for Liv, DS usually only has 4 lockers at Snorri and sreng, so they only lock during odd times. That is why they don’t see crowns very often. Has nothing to do with drop rates, has everything to do with boss locking, changing drop rates or spawn times or any of the suggestions won’t affect how many crowns they get.
So at one point you say they still lock snorris at odd times, then you claim that changing drop rates wont affect how many crowns they get?! I may be mistaken, but if someone locks a snor boss and they get more crowns than before, then that does mean they can move on from this boss faster than before right?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Hey everybody.

I've taken a good look at what can be done to ease the bottleneck with the Frozen Armour Quests and will hopefully be able to action my changes for the Corrupted Gardens update, if not then in the following update.

I currently have not looked at any other armour quest lines as we are busy finishing off the Corrupted Gardens, but I will do my best to take a look and see what can be done in the coming weeks as time allows.

Hey everybody.

Wow, I didn’t think it was possible but if it can be done with out a rewrite and messing all the code up that would be great
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Would like to thank the admins that have taken the feedback from this topic into consideration, specifically Dexxa for working hard to push changes with Frozen into the Gardens update. And Muldar, for actively discussing the DL bottleneck with the team and how it can be addressed.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.