Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Open Beta?

Read my edit. It's not hate, it's truthful. I'm not bashing them intentionally. Just saying their actions is the same every beta.
We've communicated to Closed Beta testers our testing conclusions and what we plan to change going forward.

I understand players outwith the testing group are unaware of these changes but as i said, there are and many hence the delay.

Lol you say that as if anything is going to be changed, unless there's a whole new team at otm. From experience from the past all betas besides back in 2012. Nothing from closed was changed and it was all still buggy and bad on open. And then open was released. Couple things were changed before live version, but as usual something either wasn't changed or was messed up.

Difference between whining and watching them **** up every beta lol.
if i was an admin i would have temp. banned ya from forums for such hate. Make your own game and see how it goes buttercup :)
Read my edit. It's not hate, it's truthful. I'm not bashing them intentionally. Just saying their actions is the same every beta.
i just can't agree on that. Been in majority of betas and when we found a game breaking bug it was always fixed. OTM always pre-tests things before they even get to beta thats why they send 2 groups of people with hundreds in them. just to make sure everything was caught before game gets prepared to be released. Every bug i reported was fixed.. sometimes its hard to find a fix thats why it takes a little longer but it usually gets fixed.
Last edited by Hison on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We've communicated to Closed Beta testers our testing conclusions and what we plan to change going forward.

I understand players outwith the testing group are unaware of these changes but as i said, there are and many hence the delay.
That's a change and i like it. I'll would get in contact with my couple leakers but I would rather be surprised on the vast changes. Can't wait to see the change <3

Trust the process and quit being a sad sap complaining about a soft deadline after you know a majority of their deadlines go past the date but it only means it’s for the better, from being able to be in beta I can definitely say they definitely heard our complaints and am happy how they handled this beta from a otm staff to player connection standpoint
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

We've moved the date of the Open Beta to allow us a better time frame to implement Closed Beta feedback.

While we don't have a set date quite yet I'll be keeping the community updated as information is available.
Lol, you guys don't do something when you say? So surprised!
Or we could not implement player feedback and release the Open Beta in the exact same state as Closed Beta making testing redundant?

I understand the frustration but delaying it to ensure a high quality standard is the better option.
Drop the mic muldar dang :lol:

Edit: remind me not to make Mr. Muldar mad :o

I’ve been in many closed betas for many years, played since 2011. Every time a bug was reported to OTM, they fixed it, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Sure there are some bugs that only appear when game goes live but that’s a given.

The update isn’t even out yet so I wouldn’t judge it based on some content that may have been leaked from closed beta.
Axiom
Maclir101 - Warrior 224 (Retired)
Feared - Mage 222 (Active)
Citizen of Rosmerta since 2011 Samhain

As a former software tester, I cannot stress enough the importance of testing. If you don't want a broken game, just be patient and let them do their job and release it when it's ready.

Also remember that open beta is not just an excuse for an "early access sneak peek", anyone that has been accepted has been given a big responsibility to ensure the quality of the gameplay is perfected and watch out for any bugs that may arise.
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia

As a former software tester, I cannot stress enough the importance of testing. If you don't want a broken game, just be patient and let them do their job and release it when it's ready.

Also remember that open beta is not just an excuse for an "early access sneak peek", anyone that has been accepted has been given a big responsibility to ensure the quality of the gameplay is perfected and watch out for any bugs that may arise.
That and it’s an early access sneak peak lol, which is what people mainly sign up for. Closed beta is much more serious, and open beta is much more casual... u play, have fun, enjoy the new content, report any bugs you come across, and you give feedback on the experience.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge