Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Reason We Play

I still play to see my awesome friends and have fun just hanging out with them. We usually do group voice chats over Line while we play and it's always more fun doing that. I enjoy helping my clan too, and will try to help out wherever I can. So basically just here for the social aspect of the game. Maybe the Gardens update will make me enjoy the game itself more, since there's a few major issues keeping the game from being as fun as it used to be involving bug exploits. Guess we will see :lol:
Ex-Sulis Player
Clan-Retribution

I play for the very few friends I met here, whom are different gender than me, with big age gap, on other sides of the world, but whom I can tell anything to and are pretty much my friends in rl that way.

I dont care about gear and bosses as much but I do a lot of the clan roles in order to ease the game for others and they wont feel burdened and quit (too bad theres very little to no appreciation).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

First of all there aren't enough relevant bosses currently to keep us occupied constantly. What does anyone do when no raids are up or due? With the addition of more endgame bosses, we should have much more to do with our endgame toons. Furthermore, people like myself aren't satisfied with medium to good quality gear. I want the best possible gear and setup that can be achieved, so I keep playing because that's one thing that drives me to keep bossing. That means 2-3 godly blood rings and double godly argent core/blade bracelets.
+1 except (sorry for bringing sulis crap into general discussions) two clans used dkp and then our clan was based off "effort" <~ except the effort was never monitored so no matter how many bosses we did or timers we logged and called they stuff rarely came back to us, my reason for quitting the game and moving to the forums was because it was so repetitive and at points I was forced to buy gear that we had in our clan bank because I was "not bossing enough" pretty sure for a straight month when I had a work break i nolifed every single day at least 14 hours of bosses and yet 90% of my **** was bought.
If we had a system of dkp where it was actually recorded and thrown on for everyone to see then I would probably continue to login and boss but for your own leaders to forget that you don't have edl offhand is quite mind-blowing.
I know how they run their clan and it is the reason I am not a member. There is no justification for not using a point system for distributing boss drops. You're spending time, money, and probably lots of emotion so that your clan can kill the boss and other people can take the drops. What you need to ask yourself is - what am I supporting here? What do I gain in exchange for my time and effort? There needs to be a guaranteed return on your investment - hence a point system that can be tracked by everyone. NEVER buy into the lie that you should just work hard and be happy to support the clan. This is a game, and you should be having fun, whatever that looks like to you. It isn't your obligation to invest time and money, and not get things that you want just because some elites in your clan won't give it to you - for whatever reason. Unfortunately, I can't seem to convey this message in a way that most people with an average or lower IQ can comprehend.

If you're in a clan where your gear is at mercy of someone else's personal judgement (which is a very small, selective group of individuals in your case) something isn't right. In fact, I can't seem to figure out why everyone is so apathetic towards the lack of any real gearing system in that clan. It is well known that some of the top clans in this game all have one thing in common - they use a very transparent point system that allows its members to spend the points they earn to acquire whatever gear they desire. It's almost as if the people in that clan don't care about gear, yet they complain about losing/not killing bosses which drop good gear. Why? Because gear is necessary, regardless if you care about it or not.

Why you left us and joined them in the first place is beyond me, because you just ended up buying your gear from us and leaving them in the end. The way I see it, you brought all of this upon yourself with that senseless move...

The reason we dont use dkp is because Jah is more of a family than a business. No need to „buy gear“ with raid points. Just ask and you will most likely get.
Of course decisions are subjective, and sometimes there are arguments over those decisions but in general it works ok. I mean other clans who use dkp have problems too....like the dg bp in ah recently or so.

oh and returning to the original topic of this thread I agree with the majority here: mostly playing because of the people I met here, because its absolutely not fun anymore to go to 80 every 2hrs just to tryhard for a ph again.

I literally play for moments like this :lol: :lol:

I seriously considered posting it in the other thread. But I didn't think about the commentary. That's awesome Ridd!

I couldn’t help myself LOL I saw this thread and immediately I was like, yea, I gotta post this because that’s the only way anyone is gonna understand why I play :lol: :lol:
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||

I have loved this game since 5 years. But lately I have a feeling that the love isn't mutual from OTM.

Over the years I created 5 220+ toons and some lockers. That kept bordom under control for a long time. I have only been in clans that was underdogs to the dominant clan on Morrigan (wich is now totally gone) so I couldn't really experience EG on Morrigan until a few months ago. For that reason I created a 220 toon on another server where I was able to do EG. All in all the adventure have been fun with friends, raids and leveling. I don't care much for gear anymore though.

But lately most of my old friends in game quit. After a while doing EG you realize that the game is broken. When a 185 boss like Necro sometimes drop better gear than the true end boss Gelebron something is really wrong. All new efforts and updates from OTM seem to mostly be aiming at new low level players. Old players who have been faithful to the game, who invested time and rl money seem to be of no interest to OTM. That is a clear example of bad costumer care.

The result from this is that between end game spawns there is really not much to do. Sure I could kill dl or edl bosses for the 9393949494 time over and over. But naaah, done that been there. And most clannies don't really care to come to these bosses and soloing a 210 6 is out of the question. So what to do? I tend to log alot less and I find other games to fill the gap, eventhough I would prefer to play CH. We lost all of Avalon, the clan wich have been perhaps one of the most successful on all servers and truely dominant since 2011. Poooofff gone. Who else and how many have to quit before OTM listens? Will they listen until it's to late?
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona