Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What time period is this game in?

60-100 AD in an alternate timeline where Celtic mythology exists and Boudica won the revolt with the help of the gods and the Romans were pushed out of Britain. (Yet for some reason none of this was recorded)
Yeah this is what I think as well.

Like Mind said, the game features real events as well as mythological ones, so it's kind of a parallel universe where the Celtic Mythology is blended with the real world.

Maybe in future updates we'll get to fight some Romans and their gods
Oh yes real events, I saw a gelebron explode in my backyard the other day. Couple months ago I saw Lord Maclir at Target. I also have been having issues with a spider the size of my car lately, perhaps you could help me with this real event.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

...perhaps you could help me with this real event.
For starters the Connacht was a historical Irish region/kingdom. Also, I'm pretty sure the name Mac-Lir is an actual disambiguation of a historical family/king (or mythological hero's name if you go back far enough).
...might wanna look up the connotation of the word "mythology"; this word keeps popping up in this thread, but some don't seem to grasp the concept.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

For starters the Connacht was a historical Irish region/kingdom. Also, I'm pretty sure the name Mac-Lir is an actual disambiguation of a historical family/king (or mythological hero's name if you go back far enough).
...might wanna look up the connotation of the word "mythology"; this word keeps popping up in this thread, but some don't seem to grasp the concept.
Ignore him lol. He is just a kid and probably doesn't know much about history or mythology or even literacy for that matter.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Ignore him lol. He is just a kid and probably doesn't know much about history or mythology or even literacy for that matter.
Yea and I’m sure you were a genius at the subject before you pulled up google. Maclir was never a king at anything and is rather a god in Celtic mythology, and the Connacht is simply a reference and not based off of a “real event”. The Connacht ingame are being led by Queen Medb, who is a figure in Celtic Mythology, so basically nothing in this game is based on real events... I feel so smart using google search to combat your google search.

I still need help killing that oversized spider

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Actually yes I studied Celtic mythology and history post roman invasion extensively during high school and the connacts were a real clan I don't believe I said anything about Maclir who is a Celtic deity and not a real person.
(that particular jab might've been directed at me. ;) I was way off with the King Maclir (blame google lol) part although I wouldn't be surprised if that is a family name somewhere. Be interesting to read into. Kinda interesting stuff in a morbid way (like most regional mythologies :lol:))

I’m sure you were a genius at the subject before you pulled up google.
Guilty as charged. :D The only part of that that I had any idea about prior to googling was the Connacht. Interestingly, the mention of Queen Medb does give an indication of a probable timeline; sometime before AD 30 (mythologically speaking of course lol).
so basically nothing in this game is based on real events
True
Celtic mythology follows a general timeline that refers to actual events.
Objectively, this is also true... Didn't mean to derail this with semantics.
(I think we got lost somewhere in that transition between describing the game and describing mythology in general :lol:)

Thus: Celtic Mythology is not historically accurate, yet it does refer to existing geographic locations (Ireland etc.). Celtic Heroes is vaguely based off of Celtic Mythology, yet (as far as we can tell) has no historical bearing other than it could possibly be a depiction of a portion of mythological Ireland during the first century.
Agreed?

(Edit: For the spider I recommend a shoe of mythic proportions; see if rockbelly has a spare one.)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

60-100 AD in an alternate timeline where Celtic mythology exists and Boudica won the revolt with the help of the gods and the Romans were pushed out of Britain. (Yet for some reason none of this was recorded)
This is where it starts in Lirs Reach and Shalemont Ravine, but as you get closer to Crom the fabric of time/space is increasingly twisted and torn so you see creatures from other dimensions or robots from the future (why are they still using clubs and not phasers?). Corrupted Gardens will be even closer to Crom, so who knows what will be in there?
Mabon Wolfgang Clansman
Mukk 228 Warrior
Painbringer 226 Rogue
Mukkdruid 221 Druid
Other assorted lowbie toons

This is where it starts in Lirs Reach and Shalemont Ravine, but as you get closer to Crom the fabric of time/space is increasingly twisted and torn so you see creatures from other dimensions or robots from the future (why are they still using clubs and not phasers?). Corrupted Gardens will be even closer to Crom, so who knows what will be in there?
Right. You get a first glimpse of Croms might in the lirs quest line which is where you free the area of a curse that was placed on the area. You then travel to shalemont which is where the Connacht invaders are battling the MacCroin clan, who is allied with the MacLir clan. After that you travel to stonevale, which is in chaos due to Croms influence. All the creatures turned very hostile. That is where you gather the disks (6 seals that hold Crom) to get the warden armor. Then you go to the otherworld, which is a land of complete chaos and war as it is the place or realm where Crom is being held. There you help destroy all efforts that the blackstones have made trying to free Crom. Next up is the Corrupted Gardens, which is in literally the same palace Crom is in... after many many years we can finally enter lol.

Shalemont, fingals, carrowmore, and the tower are not effected by Crom. Just realized how amazing the lore is behind this game... A+ quality