Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

#11
Guthix123 wrote:
tayilern wrote:It's hard to get proof, from the toon itself, also in game.. plus I dont really screenshot, that's why i think they should look into suspicious characters more often... because I know there are a few on our server that everyone knows was sold, that are running around perfectly fine, and have been for a long time. Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time, so it's a little frustrating.... I wish those who were more active would help more. I think our community turns a blind eye too often.


Lol.
Yes, I admit it is pretty hard to get proof that someone is sharing an account (unless you happen to be part of an external chat app group). I also agree that it is a pretty big issue that needs to be addressed. However, you are a perfect example of why it doesn't get addressed.

tayilern wrote:Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time


People know it's an issue, they just have the mindset of "oh I don't want to do anything about it, I'll let someone else do the effort of stopping this"

Nothing against you bud, I'm not trying to pick on you, just explaining the most common reason for inaction. It's also hard to report clanmates who buy/share accounts...

Support also can't investigate "suspicious characters" without someone telling them where to start.



Well, even if you provide evidence, there is a chance that that otm/vra won’t do anything. They consider other factors such as, does the person spends real money in the game. If they person does they rather not do anything than losing money.
CH RIP 32 Days Remaining

Re: Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

#12
Guthix123 wrote:
tayilern wrote:It's hard to get proof, from the toon itself, also in game.. plus I dont really screenshot, that's why i think they should look into suspicious characters more often... because I know there are a few on our server that everyone knows was sold, that are running around perfectly fine, and have been for a long time. Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time, so it's a little frustrating.... I wish those who were more active would help more. I think our community turns a blind eye too often.


Lol.
Yes, I admit it is pretty hard to get proof that someone is sharing an account (unless you happen to be part of an external chat app group). I also agree that it is a pretty big issue that needs to be addressed. However, you are a perfect example of why it doesn't get addressed.

tayilern wrote:Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time


People know it's an issue, they just have the mindset of "oh I don't want to do anything about it, I'll let someone else do the effort of stopping this"

Nothing against you bud, I'm not trying to pick on you, just explaining the most common reason for inaction. It's also hard to report clanmates who buy/share accounts...

Support also can't investigate "suspicious characters" without someone telling them where to start.


It's not really my fault, lol, i barely have time to even play ch anymore... I'm not on enough to gather all that information and proof, I'd gladly screenshot if someone shouted they were selling an account, but more complicated things, I dont have the time to do that unless i cut out playing time. There's plenty of people under 18 on this game who don't work full time jobs and when I had the time and played enough to gather proof, I did report them. I see where you're coming from though, but I really have done my fair share personally, just can't do so effectively anymore with the little playtime i get. They also have access to seeing ip addresses, so basically who logs what and when. Also chat logs, obviously some would be more complicated and may require literal proof, but in most cases it could be figured out with that information they have.
I am Ether Felix, the most determined ranger.
Level 215
--
My Alts
regal, Rogue, 192
Felix Dacus, Mage, 171

I'm the most wanted in India cause I kill cows

Re: Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

#13
Wolvekiller wrote:Well, even if you provide evidence, there is a chance that that otm/vra won’t do anything. They consider other factors such as, does the person spends real money in the game. If they person does they rather not do anything than losing money.

Actually they don't care whether or not you've spent money on the game. Putting money into VR's pockets does not exempt you from getting banned for breaking the ToS.
Image

New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions? | L'oiseau et l'enfant

Re: Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

#14
Dark Kitty wrote:
Wolvekiller wrote:Well, even if you provide evidence, there is a chance that that otm/vra won’t do anything. They consider other factors such as, does the person spends real money in the game. If they person does they rather not do anything than losing money.

Actually they don't care whether or not you've spent money on the game. Putting money into VR's pockets does not exempt you from getting banned for breaking the ToS.

Whether its correlation or causation we can't confirm, but there is a correlation between evidence needed and amount of plat bought.
Players who have never bought plat are seeing themselves being banned for being sarcastic over 3rd party platforms, whereas players who buy plat almost daily require extensive in game screenshots that detail multiple conversations.
OTM/VR/WhateveryouwanacallthecompanybecausethenamedoesntreallymatterbutatthesametimeitsacompletlydifferentcompanycuznomoreMuldar have always said it doesn't matter, but its hard to believe that it isn't sitting in the back of their minds.

Correlation, yes, causation, impossible to prove from our end.
Gwydion - Relentless
Stubborn 220 Warrior

BobsYourUncle 130 Mage

Retired Servers: Arawn, Herne, Danu, Crom

Read my Fire Mage Guide :D

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Re: Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

#15
bob the mage wrote:Whether its correlation or causation we can't confirm, but there is a correlation between evidence needed and amount of plat bought.
Players who have never bought plat are seeing themselves being banned for being sarcastic over 3rd party platforms, whereas players who buy plat almost daily require extensive in game screenshots that detail multiple conversations.
OTM/VR/WhateveryouwanacallthecompanybecausethenamedoesntreallymatterbutatthesametimeitsacompletlydifferentcompanycuznomoreMuldar have always said it doesn't matter, but its hard to believe that it isn't sitting in the back of their minds.

Correlation, yes, causation, impossible to prove from our end.


I think Nuada would beg to differ... Do we take purchase into consideration for some things? Sure, like you may get support faster for your account. BUT for breaking the Terms of Service? No, when you break the Terms of Service, you cost us money. So I don't want people to break the Terms of Service as much as another player doesn't.

Yes, we do need a place to start to start investigating "suspicious" accounts.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Froze and 21 guests