Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why does OTM support clan bank stealing?? || OTM Please Answer

Hello forumverse,
Back in December on Arawn a disgruntled leader of Resurgence who helped manage the event banks decided to leave the clan and steal the clan banks. Following this, the clan chief BigDiesel379 and the other leaders of the clan sent OTM emails. 1.5 months later OTM finally responded, saying that they would give the banks back to BigDiesel379 and the res leadership.
Resurgence celebrated that we finally got our event banks back, banks that stretch every event boss killed since 2013. We started to organize the banks again, charting the drops onto new spreadsheets, and were finally ready to reopen the event banks....

Then OTM intervened... They decided to stand on the side of the scammer. Their argument? That the accounts did not belong to the clan.

This confused, and rightfully so, angered our clannies. How could clan banks that represent the work of 150+ people from 2013 to 2018, over 5 years, belong to one person and not to the clan?

OTM why did you do this? Why did you help someone steal hundreds of drops that were earned by a whole clan over 5 years? Why?
I am struggling for words to even understand why you would go about such an action...

I am posting this public because the whole game deserves to know, and to see your replies. We kept this incident quiet the first time, because even though it took 1.5 months for a response, it was settled and we were ready to move on and leave this in the past. Clearly keeping things like this quiet was the wrong decision.

So OTM I have one question, why did you side with a scammer and decide that one person deserves a clan bank that does not belong to them?
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Why does OTM support clan bank stealing?? || OTM Please Answer

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a grey area, because on one side I can understand the account of this person was used as a clan bank, drops gathered from bosses and all that went to such account, so from that point of view the items gathered are property of the clan and not the account owner, but, on the other side by trading items to this person they became "his items" because it's "his account", at least that's how I see it, now I'm not siding with the scammer (if we can call him that), it was just a point of view.

The right thing would be to send all the items from that acount to the clan, but I don't know if OTM would do such thing :/

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a grey area, because on one side I can understand the account of this person was used as a clan bank, drops gathered from bosses and all that went to such account, so from that point of view the items gathered are property of the clan and not the account owner, but, on the other side by trading items to this person they became "his items" because it's "his account", at least that's how I see it, now I'm not siding with the scammer (if we can call him that), it was just a point of view.

The right thing would be to send all the items from that acount to the clan, but I don't know if OTM would do such thing :/
Well tbh all we want is the items back.. these were farmed by 100's of people who used plat (rl currency) for these items.. the fact that otm awarded us the banks back the first time we were kinda blindsided that they would give them back to this other person after already taken action once.. in hindsight we should have removed all the items to new banks but no one on their right mind would figure otm would reverse the decision they had made.. this has to be some kinda of mishap or oversight and needs to be rectified.. I mean we now have 100's of rightfully so pissed off players who were pretty much robbed not by a trade but by otm allowing the banks to be taken by one person, this needs to be addressed immediately otm please respond ty..

so so disappointed with the turn of events....

OTM, where do you expect us to put items for clan use? The only way is to put it on a toon that a SINGLE individual has to create. The person does in fact own the account but not the items on the toon. (when it is being used for clan storage) To avoid situations such as this crap we are now stuck dealing with for a second time in a month in a half-life. We should have a clan bank that General/chieftains of clans can access only.

Currently the only way large EG clans are able to store items is by breaking OTMs rules by account sharing. Absolutely dumbfounds me.

Please correct the banking situation asap and return either the toons for us to retrieve the gear from. This way we can put them onto new toons and this person can keep their accounts. Or return the gear directly to our new bank toons with your magical toon scripting you can do (much less manual work for us generalsto deal with)

With kind regards, Gaiboi - General of Resurgence
Arawn - General of Resurgence

Gaiboi - Full DG Druid level 221
Paphiopedilum - DL Lock Rogue level 190
Pleurothallis - Mage level 189
Masdevallia - Warrior level 189
Bulbophyllum - Rogue level 99

Well first thing is otm doesn’t understand what clan banks are they are against account sharing so that means no clan banks and another point bob said u guys put event drops from when actual events were around, must have got a lot of crappy drops that nobody wants if there are 100s of them in the bank so I guess u guys made no losses.

OTM,
The clan bank is allowed to be owned by the clan. You have stated this in previous msgs. You helped a non clanny steal our banks! Please return the items to Bigdiesel379 on Arawn. Thx
It is impossible to get back items that you lose due to scams. Even if there is a lot of proof the items lost is lost.
Even when otm support is responsible for the scam itself? Don't forget they are the ones that handed the banks over not us.. we had passwords and emails attached to them otm reset these..

When a clan works for drops, it’s not only unfair, but unsafe to put it on any one persons account, no matter how trustworthy they are, simply because nobody is ever above ALL suspicion, that’s just human nature. The best way, and the way clans have been doing it for years, is to put all drops in one central account created for all trusted leaders to have access to. If, as OTM you have a better preference for a central drop collection, then tell us. However for the moment there is no better alternative. These banks hold drops that hundreds of players work hard to collect and spent real life money on you, OTM, to obtain.
Now, why would you side with a scammer? You’re so focused on having items be someone property, but you’re siding with the one scammer who stole hundreds of items from hundreds of loyal players. It wasn’t right of you to return banks to the rightful owner then take them away immediately for a scammers sake. I guess what I’m asking was this:
Was this an oversight or a mess-up? Or should we expect you to side with scammers instead of the loyal players you want using your product in the future? That is a decision that the world deserves to see
LoneWulf: 220 FIRE Mage
Blameless: 190 Rogue
LoneCreditUnion: Proud lvl 4 bank, Chief of Los Penguinos